Boiler expert's help please.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Anyone familiar with Worcester Bosch Combi boilers? Not 100% sure what model it is, but here's a pic of the handbook.

5d2a99a2.jpg

Anyways, the CH doesn't seem to be working, and the HW seems to be intermittent. I posted in the past about the system being faulty after a new install, and it was only fixed by an electrician who had noted it was wired wrongly, a quick switch of wires, and all was good.

Just a few things to make it more clear, firstly, it belongs to my parents. There are no wireless devices in the setup, and it seems to rely on it's own internal thermostat, there is no external one to help it flick off when it gets too warm, it seems to have been bypassed, why I have no idea? Cost saving perhaps?

I don't remember the brand of the controller, but when I flick the HW on for one hr manually, it seems to come on for a few minutes and shuts down, it was working perfectly the week before. The CH I managed to get it to work for one hr after firing up manually a few weeks ago, but that's just caput now!

Really frustrated with this system, my parents thinks it's complex to use, so any problems is a call to me to sort out. Plus any savings that it's suppose to make on the saving of electric and gas has been totally wiped out on maintenance costs, these things are just not reliable, I've had my fair share of experience on combi's at my place of work which cost me £4.5k to fix in the end.

I HATE combi's with a passion!

Ive got the newer worsester bosch and have had loads of trouble with it too....£18 a month british gas homecare for me parts and labour, last time it went it was a £500 in parts alone, so tell ya ma to get it covered its well worth it....no limit on callouts

Ive got the newer worsester bosch and have had loads of trouble with it too....£18 a month british gas homecare for me parts and labour, last time it went it was a £500 in parts alone, so tell ya ma to get it covered its well worth it....no limit on callouts

Good shout mate, I think I need this! Shame I can't get the same cover at my shop, as it's commercial use!

Sounds like the clock / timer is nakerd?

Worcester Bosch are one of the best on the market!

I have a newish one installed 4yrs ago with not one problem, previous was Bosch also and has been in house since built, around 15-16yrs!

When you say about activating the controller and it shuts off after 10mins, is there a power light on the controller to let you know that is still working or is the power at that unit failing?

Firstly, check the obvious MCB or fuse that protects the circuit, make sure it has power.

When you say about activating the controller and it shuts off after 10mins, is there a power light on the controller to let you know that is still working or is the power at that unit failing?

Firstly, check the obvious MCB or fuse that protects the circuit, make sure it has power.

Yes, the controller has blue lights that come on to suggest it's on. When I flick the hot water on, I can hear a relay type sound going off on the boiler, then a green light on the boiler comes on when it fires up, nothing from the HW switch though...

Tried calling the original installer, they are not very good when it comes to maintenance jobs are they?

Dude, I have a number that you have can have of someone that I have used at my place a few times, he is very good, let me know....

No worries mate, let me know how you get on, i dont think he will be able to come out today if you do need him, but should be available rest of the week and is fairly local too.

OK hopefully not too expensive a fix.

Well it's fixed, and my parents are 300 quid lighter! Some valve switch by the hot water tank? What do I know about plumbing hey?!?