BT Broadband

CJ A4

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
A big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif for BT Broadband. For once a compnay which is giving more back....anyone on 1 Meg like me will be upgraded to 2 Meg free of charge and the bill will also be slashed by £4 to £24 a month and anyone on 512k will be upgraded to 1 Meg free of charge! Only downside is that they have put a cap on 15 GIG a month instead of the original 30 GIG which is a bit crap but still more than adequate for most people unless you download loads of movies and stuff like me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif Thank you BT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

When is this happening CJ i have had nothing in the post etc and im on 1MB.
Do you know if they are changing the Brodband connection ratios as well?

No i believe the ratios are staying the same but they say that most people will be upgraded and some will miss out...basically if u live in or near a city you should be ok but if your in the sticks then it will be questionable. They say form 17th there will be a little disruption for about 30mins while the do the switch over to 2meg....cant wait! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

i got the email through the other day, and says it will start upgrading from the 17th, but it says that i will keep my 30gb download limit, however my price is only dropping to £27, interesting differences there!! either way still very pleasing

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

hope that isn't going over the top

Ross /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I pay 27 quid for my current 1meg link.
Bt don't have any contact email address for me so they may phone.

Surprised you didnt get a letter yet Markey im sure you will mate dont worry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Surprised you didnt get a letter yet Markey im sure you will mate dont worry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

cool - well I hope I do too, I've had it for a couple of years now, and don't think the price has changed, I was going to call up and threaten to move to another provider, but if this comes off I will be most happy.

Rob

Well i have been with then for a year and it started costing me £39.99 for 1 Meg then dropped to £28 now down another £4 to £24 so i have no complaints just means that Telewest will have to drop their 2 Meg Broadband price which will suit me as i will be switching to them when i move

well i got my 512k line when it first came out.. missed ever single promo but they best part about it..

NO CAP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

you should see my movie collection hahahhahaha!

as it was written in the contract of t&c they cannot change the conditions unless i appove or my contract runs out...

oh for decent broadband in SA... :-(

I am green with envy (1MB!, 2MB!!, 4MB!!!!!)

1. No-one here would ever offer 4MB, and if they did it would cost BIG.
2. International bandwidth with a 128Kb pipe would set you back about UKP10 000.00 per month!!

Local internet is expensive by world standards but cheap compared to what we have to pay to get decent bandwidth out of the country.

10 grand a month is that for a leased line?

unbelievable. Makes a change for the UK public not to be getting ripped off compared to the rest of the world though.

Using Dial up would feel like going back to using a spectrum 48K+ with tape installs.....suicide!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif