RIP Red 4

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
A hero by all accounts - RIP.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

I only took these a few weeks ago. What I thought where terrible photos seem very poignant now

P1030975Copy.jpg

P1030976Copy.jpg

He gave his life to save others. RIP red 4

A true hero, thinking of others over himself right to the end

R.I.P

RIP

Seen them at Swansea air show a few weeks back!

Really sad news!

Proper bad news. I heard it on the radio earlier and was quite shocked. :( sad sad day indeed.

Really sad, i just heard.

As i live very close to Farnborough airport we are used to the red arrows, but their displays always stopped everyone in their tracks,a truely sad day and lets all hope they continue to fly.

Thoughts go out to his family.

When Yr at the top of your game especially in a job like that there will always be death at some point. But there will be a lull in the team for sure them guys are so tight it's unreal. I heard the words from his wife, Was a lovely statement. Sure he will be truly missed by all that knew him. What a waste of a man with extraordinary talent in his prime. RIP

I saw them in Blackpool only a few weeks ago, the guys have got some amazing talent. Condolences to his wife; reading the bio on their website shows how much they relied on each other. It is a really sad day. They are all ex servicemen so have plenty experience, its going to be really interesting to see what lead to him crashing..

Its just so sad. He will be sadly missed.

Its just so sad. He will be sadly missed.

Very sad news.

I used to be in the Air Cadets and was fortunate to meet a few of these guys at an RAF base (cant recall the name) years ago.

Went flying a few times with retired Red arrows aswell, amazing skill.

RIP

Very sad news indeed, and thoughts to his wife too, who as I understand from the news article was watching at the show? Terrible...

Just heard about this. Couldn't believe it. RIP :(

its terrible. Did it go off when still on the ground? Do they have zero altitude ejector seats or his he hit the canopy etc?

RIP...such a loss of great talent.