BACK

I

imported_AudiAuto

Back now, been away, but still keeping eye on forum, but couldn't find anything interesting enough to post on.

But anyway, all this post whoring is getting well annoying, anyone else agree? The jokes been done a million times, people posting silly comments just to mak a joke of it. Also, whats going on with all these smilies/graemlins, more and more words seem to be replaced by a these. Also, does anyone find it annoying when theres an interesting thread, you go back on and it shows 3 new comments have been added, and you really want to read them, only to find its just a stupid post whore posting a graemlin or something. Some suggested a seperate room for post whores, i think its a wicked idea so everyone else doesn't have to read pointless comments/smilies/graemlins in a decent thread.

Also, to the people who design this site, why on earth is this box i am writing in so narrow? Why not make it wider so its easier to see your text?

Anyway thats all.

I agree with Pimp......about the post-whoring!! It can kill a thread sometimes.

also like the idea or a "all unreplied to" messages link.

Welcome back btw - always good to have you and your thoughts around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Back now, been away, but still keeping eye on forum, but couldn't find anything interesting enough to post on.

But anyway, all this post whoring is getting well annoying, anyone else agree? The jokes been done a million times, people posting silly comments just to mak a joke of it. Also, whats going on with all these smilies/graemlins, more and more words seem to be replaced by a these. Also, does anyone find it annoying when theres an interesting thread, you go back on and it shows 3 new comments have been added, and you really want to read them, only to find its just a stupid post whore posting a graemlin or something. Some suggested a seperate room for post whores, i think its a wicked idea so everyone else doesn't have to read pointless comments/smilies/graemlins in a decent thread.

Also, to the people who design this site, why on earth is this box i am writing in so narrow? Why not make it wider so its easier to see your text?

Anyway thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has got worse since the general forum was moved from the top of the forum index - now it's only used by a small bunch of weirdos with a common love for post whoring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since all the posts were boring: why didn`t you start some interesting topics yourself?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It has got worse since the general forum was moved from the top of the forum index - now it's only used by a small bunch of weirdos with a common love for post whoring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey!!! Who you calling weirdo??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Welcome back Pimp... good to see you're still alive! I entirely agree about the width of this box I am writing in... but the whoring can bring interesting conversation to our lives. Not that I would ever do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

I have to agree that all the emoticons are getting pretty annoying!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

Annoyed yet?

The new ones are just weird to me (soapbox one apart), im sticking to old ones

Hey, pimp.... your spot on with your observations. I haven't been using the site much since all the whoring has been going on. Spoils it for everyone else IMHO. There's a place and a time for it and it shouldn't be unrelate rubbish in the middle of someone elses topic.

There..... my 2 pence worth

[ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

Annoyed yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope
23.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Annoyed yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope
23.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Laurra... one of our fellow clan... you get in there girl!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
There's a place and a time for it and it shouldn't be unrelate rubbish in the middle of someone elses topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

second that- but from what I remember the post whoring was mainly going on General chat forums and new members saying hi rather than on a topic where help was needed. (f so then its harmless fun and let it be, if not the case then mods should enforce it more a bit maybe.)

New smilies are still weird though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's a place and a time for it and it shouldn't be unrelate rubbish in the middle of someone elses topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

second that- but from what I remember the post whoring was mainly going on General chat forums and new members saying hi rather than on a topic where help was needed. (f so then its harmless fun and let it be, if not the case then mods should enforce it more a bit maybe.)

New smilies are still weird though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Too right... no sensible 'help' posts will be hijacked... unwritten rule /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

And I have to agree... this little fella is a little wierd: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

Here, here. But posts in general and new members are fair game, and even the mods post whore. You just watch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

By the way, i'm just back from work, thought every one should no. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Shhh!! Please no whoring on this serious topic. Thank you for your concern and your views, they have all been noted and filed under CS.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Pimp.............. welcome back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now stop behaving like a spoilt brat, people need their fun, or I'll have to kick your proverbial a$$. AGAIN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Now stop behaving like a spoilt brat, people need their fun, or I'll have to kick your proverbial a$$. AGAIN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey hey... strong language from you there JPO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
... but Pimp... you know JPOs right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Hey... I've got no problems with post whoring happening in general chat, it's when it happens within a legitmate thread where people are discussing something that annoys me,

Pimp is that what you were referring to ?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey... I've got no problems with post whoring

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif well said.

Nice to see you BACK nsd. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

You have been quite recently, have the mods been menacing you again?

Or have they BACKked off.

Hey TDi... look, hate to be picky about spelling (as I'm the worst), but for two posts just now you've put Quite, rather than Quiet... if you carry on saying Quite like that, we'll all start thinking that you're really quite posh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers, taught know 1 wood not-ice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Erm, yeah... okay, crazy guy you are TDi... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Might have to call out the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pimp, I agree with everything you said there. How scary is that?!

Welcome back

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since all the posts were boring: why didn`t you start some interesting topics yourself?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, when i first came on this site back in the summer (when i got my A3), there were a bunch of regular posters (jdp, aj, mods, JPO, dicky, richy etc etc) who, although i probably had some mad arguments with all of them, at least the topics were interesting. But then after a while i started noticing all these new people coming on, together with all this post whoring, and to be honest it was well boring. So slowly i just lost interest in the site, i couldn't even be bothered to start a new thread. But now i thought i would.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, your too old and sad for me mate. But then again, your a tw*t as well so maybe i might.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey... I've got no problems with post whoring happening in general chat, it's when it happens within a legitmate thread where people are discussing something that annoys me,

Pimp is that what you were referring to ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, exactly. Seen too many threads eventually just turn into the same old typical post whoring. What happens is that rather then coming on the thread to post about the actual topic that was started, people post replies to the graemlins/smilies, then someone else does it and so on. Seen it happen to many interesting threads, just turn into pointless whoring.

ok, this is a perfect example by 2 post whores on this very thread:

Bravepilot: "Hey TDi... look, hate to be picky about spelling (as I'm the worst), but for two posts just now you've put Quite, rather than Quiet... if you carry on saying Quite like that, we'll all start thinking that you're really quite posh! (smiley here)"

TDI Line: "Cheers, taught know 1 wood not-ice. "

Bravepilot: "Erm, yeah... okay, crazy guy you are TDi... Might have to call out the (graemlin here)"

TDI Line: "Cheers, thought no one would notice. (graemline here)"

Bravepilot: "Yeah... I got there eventually... took me a little too much time though."

Luckily JDP returned the thread to the actual real topic with his comment, otherwise it would have just carried on between them to, probably with other post whores joining in, exchanging of comments that no one needs to know about and has nothing to do with the thread topic, doesn't help it in anyway, and is completly boring.

If i come on this thread and see 4 new posts have been added, i want them posts to be interesting and relate to the thread, not just pointless rubbish.

i'm touched that you say i post interesting stuff pimp!
nothing wrong with a bit of banter though, just in the correct places!!

Why don't we have a new post whoring section with regular competitions, like who can post the most of these new tacky graemlins! or who can post the most!!!

lol

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, your too old and sad for me mate. But then again, your a **** as well so maybe i might.

[/ QUOTE ]

He he.......... Nice to know I can still pull your strings....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i'm touched that you say i post interesting stuff pimp!
nothing wrong with a bit of banter though, just in the correct places!!

Why don't we have a new post whoring section with regular competitions, like who can post the most of these new tacky graemlins! or who can post the most!!!

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

No, lets not. Personally i think admin should get rid of the graemlins, becuase they are turning every thread into a joke. By the way, (maybe been covered b4 but don't know), why on earth is the most popular thread near the bottom, makes it annoying having to scroll down and find it.

Welcome back Pimp!, So did the Bling Meister get his Bling Bling rims then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I reckon we should arrange some decent street fighting (no rules), video the blood, then post the video's. Anyone willing to second this idea?

Pimp and JPO, round one, dong!

And the Pimp has slammed JPO in the head, but JPO lifts his walker and gives a nasty glancing blow to the pimp. The two fighters are now dancing round each other, and, wait, no, oh my god, JPO has maliciously swipped the pimps feet out from under him, a crafty little trick with a walker if ever I have seen one. The pimp is on the ground now, jpo has him pinned down by the throat, the walkers cross bar digging in and cutting off the oxygen!
The pimp kicks wildly and manages to break free, jpo falls to his knees, and the pimp is up. pimp kicks again, this time a well aimed roundhouse and jpo goes down, his walker flung away. the pimp goes in for the kill and the crowd goes beserk....

Seriously folks the repartee on the site is amusing, so keep it up, and who cares about the whores, we all know what they are good for... :)

[ QUOTE ]
ok, this is a perfect example by 2 post whores on this very thread:

Thanks for the recognition Pimp, but perfection does come at a price.