no claims bonus - named driver

Audi-Power

Reaction score
hi

i have 2 years no claims bonus from admiral as a named driver.
i want to move from admiral but im finding it hard to find insurance companys who will accept this no claims bonus.

does anyone no any companys that accepts this kind of no claims bonus please.

thanks

only have 1 car

the no claims i have with admiral has push my policy up another £300 :/

only have 1 car

the no claims i have with admiral has push my policy up another £300 :/

Not getting you, I'm guessing you have got a couple years NCB from Admiral as a named driver on someone else's car I presume, and you now have your own car and want to make use of the NCB??

So in what form does this NCB come in, isn't NCB just that, does it say it's come from being a named driver on a policy or something?

i have 2 years no claims bonus as a named driver.

every insurance company i ring for a quote will not accept my 2 years no claims bonus.

i have 2 years no claims bonus as a named driver.

every insurance company i ring for a quote will not accept my 2 years no claims bonus.

OK, so is the car that you was a named driver on still with admiral? If so, why not take out another policy with them and make use of the NCB and Multi car policy discounts at the same time, just add the other person as a named driver on your policy at the same time.

I think he means the 2 year NCB is the policy holders, not a named driver, and unfortunatly for you that is correct

Some insurance company's are offering NCB as a named driver, which is what I'm thinking is going on here.
If the OP is suggesting he's been a named driver on the policy, and has no proof of NCB, then of course no insurance company is going to accept it!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

its not really hard to understand ??

named driver for 2 years on my dads policy driving a car.....................
coming to the end of my policy admiral renewal fee is higher than last year

there for i want to change insurance company but not alot of companys will accept these kind of no claims bonus.

hi

i want to move from admiral but im finding it hard to find insurance companys who will accept this no claims bonus.

thanks

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

its not really hard to understand ??

named driver for 2 years on my dads policy driving a car.....................
coming to the end of my policy admiral renewal fee is higher than last year

there for i want to change insurance company but not alot of companys will accept these kind of no claims bonus.

hi

thanks

Just to get straight to the point, you are/was a 'named' driver on your dad's policy, your dad gets the NCB, not you. You have no entitlement to the NCB.

I thought Admiral actually gave you some NCB as a named driver, as some insurance offer this, but it seems I got the wrong end of the stick! - sorry.

lol its all about reading the 1st question.

you can build up your no claims bonus with alot of companys out there as a named driver but there not making it clear when you take out the policy........... for example they dont tell you that you can only use that bonus if you stay with them.
its a way to grab us by the balls.

trying to find another cheaper insurance company who will accept my 2 years NCB is like trying to find a pair of tarzens flip flops.

I know that Tesco Insurance and Direct Line also offer NCB for 'named drivers', but I think it only really applies to insurance policies taken out with them, unfortunately. For instance, you've been a named driver on your dad's policy and have 2 years NCB on that policy with Admiral, so if you took out a policy in your own name, Admiral would give you the 2 years NCB discount. Try to move this to another insurance company and I doubt anyone else would honour it. May be worth a try calling Tesco or Direct Line though, ..it won't hurt, you can only ask and hopefully not get a "Computer says NO" :). x

I know that Tesco Insurance and Direct Line also offer NCB for 'named drivers', but I think it only really applies to insurance policies taken out with them, unfortunately. For instance, you've been a named driver on your dad's policy and have 2 years NCB on that policy with Admiral, so if you took out a policy in your own name, Admiral would give you the 2 years NCB discount. Try to move this to another insurance company and I doubt anyone else would honour it. May be worth a try calling Tesco or Direct Line though, ..it won't hurt, you can only ask and hopefully not get a "Computer says NO" :). x

ive been on the phone for 2 hour.
its miss selling if you ask me as they dont tell you about this issue if you want to move on after a year to find cheaper car insurance.

ive just lost 2 years because im not stopping with them when its gone up £300 :scared2:

Unfortunately I don't think you'd be able to get them for 'misselling' the policy Dude, because they clearly state on their website that No Claims Discounts ONLY apply to policies taken out with them. From their site -

[h=1]About Admiral[/h]
Benefits
At Admiral we want to give you the cheapest and the best car insurance. Check out some of the great benefits available to Admiral customers…
admBullet.gif
Guaranteed courtesy car
for comprehensive policyholders if your car is repaired at an Admiral approved garage
admBullet.gif
Named drivers earn an Admiral No Claims Discount*
any named drivers, not just the main driver, earn a No Claims Discount with Admiral
admBullet.gif
£100,000 legal expenses cover
admBullet.gif
£5,000 Personal Injury cover
for comprehensive policyholders to help if you have a serious accident
admBullet.gif
Up to 90 days European cover included with all policies
admBullet.gif
Windscreen cover
repair and replacement for comprehensive policyholders
admBullet.gif
Up to £1,250 of stereo cover
stereo, car phone and any other permanent audio/visual equipment is covered up to £1,250 for comprehensive, third party fire and theft policies.
admBullet.gif
Personal belongings cover
up to £100 cover for personal belongings & effects in your car if damaged or stolen, for comprehensive policies only
admBullet.gif
24 hour emergency helpline
because you never know when you'll need a helping hand. Available with comprehensive and third party fire & theft policies where we are liable for the damage to your car.
admBullet.gif
Bonus Match
bring a second car to us and, in most cases, we’ll match your No Claims Bonus on that vehicle as well
admBullet.gif
Easy payment
spread the cost with monthly instalments or save at least 10% when you pay by credit or debit card
admBullet.gif
Drive other cars
subject to eligibility
admBullet.gif
Choice of excess
choose from a range of excesses and take control of your premium
*Named driver No Claims Discount can only be used with Admiral policies.
Admiral Car Insurance Benefits | Admiral Car Insurance UK

Sorry Bud, but didn't want you wasting any more of your time on them needlessly. :( There are lots of good insurance companies out there for young drivers looking to build their NCB. All the best with finding a good deal :) x

So have you tried to get a quote from Admiral using your 2years NCB? Surely it would be worth using them for 12 months, then ending with 3yrs NCB in your name afterwoods on your renewal quote?

Why dont you just get your dad to look elsewhere and stay on his policy with a company that do offer NCB's to named drivers

Also you could try elephant or bell as they are the same company as admiral.

Are you just going off the renewal and ringing up and haggling with them??

If so, get on the Admiral website as a new customer and do a brand new quote, I can pretty much guarantee that it will be cheaper than the renewal with all the same details, then just ring them and ask them to match or improve it.

I do this every year with Admiral/Elephant, almost immediately save at least 2-300 quid everytime quoting as a new customer....dont ask why....it just does.

Are you just going off the renewal and ringing up and haggling with them??

If so, get on the Admiral website as a new customer and do a brand new quote, I can pretty much guarantee that it will be cheaper than the renewal with all the same details, then just ring them and ask them to match or improve it.

I do this every year with Admiral/Elephant, almost immediately save at least 2-300 quid everytime quoting as a new customer....dont ask why....it just does.

Same here mate, do it every year!

Its because they know most wont bother looking for a new policy and will just let it renew! as they dont want the hassle, people simply dont realise what money they are wasting