Tottenham Riots(& other areas)

The reason why we have cut backs is because we have huge debts, we cannot go on borrowing like we have done. There are hard times ahead but we have to accept them, other nations are soon to follow with, in some cases, even harsher reforms. People are blaming Cameron but atleast he's trying to deal with the problem unlike Brown who's answer was to borrow more and more and create tons of pointless public sector jobs to make the unemployment figures look good, something which is totally unsustainable. I know this recession was a 'global' balls up but if Labour had not overspent massively we'd have a bit more cash to splash around.
Of course we need cut backs but not on front line policing...
This could have got a lot worse, the scumbags could have seen where they were borrowing the extra police from, and started looting from a town with a skeleton force because they were all protecting london....

Of course we need cut backs but not on front line policing...
This could have got a lot worse, the scumbags could have seen where they were borrowing the extra police from, and started looting from a town with a skeleton force because they were all protecting london....

If we don't cut the police force something else will be even more severely cut, 99.9% of the time the police can cover most situations, even with the cuts. And may be i'm taking b****cks but it seemed on Monday night that it wasn't completely down to numbers, it was also Police tactics. There weren't that many rioters in some of those hotspots but the police seem to be s**t scared to chuck themselves in there, possibly because of the legal threat to themselves if they injure someone or are seen to be too aggressive. Also a lot of the rioters were pretty young which may have made them stop when normally they'd charge in. Gone are the days when you could clip a kid round the ear when they are up to no good, Kids know that they are pretty untouchable these days, hence why they were not scared to get involved. Most will probably receive an £80 public order offence fine.

Who told the parents they cant hit their kids..... government and the do good parade.....
David cameron calls the rioters/looters "sick" .. unfortunately they took this has a compliment...

Who told the parents they cant hit their kids..... government and the do good parade.....
David cameron calls the rioters/looters "sick" .. unfortunately they took this has a compliment...

Couldnt have put it better myself.

Oh dear, not EDF, the Looton based one, EDL is it?

Anyway, skin colour ain't the issue, it's youth that is the issue. And parenting.

Reactions: 55_UK
I thought it was just me, but I thought I recognised one of the guys that was being interviewed on Central News, and for the last 2 days, the chippy next door had been closed, which I thought was extreme, considering there was very little action regarding looting locally.

Anyways, I managed to find the clip of vid of him being interviewed, it was indeed the owner of the chippy next door, it was his cousins that lost their lives on Tuesday evening! Very sad now, RIP to the 3 guys, and hope the family can move on from it all, even though it's going to be tough.

Just shocked that it's effected people so close to me! :(

factually, if you read up history of Britain (England) almost everyone is an immigrant. I wont go into details as this is not the right thread or occasion.

you cant count non-immigrants (ie established/british born members of ethnic backgrounds) as immigrants. figure is no way in hell as big is 45%. and whatever % they form which i dont know for sure, they dont harm the country, in fact when i used to be a sales recruitment manager most CVs i got were non-whites. moral = they just dont want to work, govt has spoilt them with unemployment benefits, they are happy smoking crack off tax payers money (which most immigrants in the working class pay) so your argument of immigrants harming the harmony is invalid to a massive extent!

factually, if you read up history of Britain (England) almost everyone is an immigrant. I wont go into details as this is not the right thread or occasion.

i think major problem emerging in this country is that we are either too liberal or right wing extreme! whether a perfect balance is possible is beyond me to be honest. lets just pray we all live safe and happy and get to drive many audi's in our lifetime lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole situation is really bad, and especially for the families of those 3 young men who had there whole life in front of them

Bored of looting now, it's so last week! Can we move on to something else like travelers settling in quiet English villages, or pedophiles on every street corner, or bacon giving you cancer...

you cant count non-immigrants (ie established/british born members of ethnic backgrounds) as immigrants. figure is no way in hell as big is 45%. and whatever % they form which i dont know for sure, they dont harm the country, in fact when i used to be a sales recruitment manager most CVs i got were non-whites. moral = they just dont want to work, govt has spoilt them with unemployment benefits, they are happy smoking crack off tax payers money (which most immigrants in the working class pay) so your argument of immigrants harming the harmony is invalid to a massive extent!

i think major problem emerging in this country is that we are either too liberal or right wing extreme! whether a perfect balance is possible is beyond me to be honest. lets just pray we all live safe and happy and get to drive many audi's in our lifetime lol!

Hummmmmm..........

Much as I like to discuss these things, I guess this is not 'exactly' the right thread...!!

However I do know enough on the history of this Country, and origins/effects/levels of immigration to be able to say on a number of issues above, you are plain 'wrong'......... Sorry. You're right about the 'white trash' underclass though...!

Your personal opinion is respected, however not upheld. Look at the current census when you get a chance buddy, and I will happily agree with you if you manage to convince me that this country's 40-50% population is made up of immigrants. And no, Irish and Polish don't count as Immigrants.

Immigration is a problem for the sake of law I agree, though it is not harming our national security. I was particularly happy to see that minorities stood up against the rioters to fight back and prevent damage to their land which is ultimately their country i.e. Birmingham, Southall, East London etc. Had these communities not been there, the extent of national damage and threat would be far greater. This is just one recent and relevant example. There are many I could give you though to back my "plain wrong" argument.

Bored of looting now, it's so last week! Can we move on to something else like travelers settling in quiet English villages, or pedophiles on every street corner, or bacon giving you cancer...

Bacon gives you cancer??, doh! thats me f****d then.

Well to keep on topic,how do people feel about the time spent by the authorities tracking down the people who looted and ran riot ?

Your personal opinion is respected, however not upheld. Look at the current census when you get a chance buddy, and I will happily agree with you if you manage to convince me that this country's 40-50% population is made up of immigrants. And no, Irish and Polish don't count as Immigrants.

Just for the record, that's the figure for primary School age children. The overall figure is 20-25%. It's all available (if a bit hard to put together) Office for National Statistics (ONS)

Jase the time they are spending is good I guess, the other night in Solihull, the court was dealing with cases from 6.30pm till 7.30am, all through the night, which I thought was quite extreme, however the sentences some of these criminals were getting were harsh, so guess its good and example time for those that have got caught.

Agreed Ads police are on the ball now, but is it too little too late? Impressed with courts though sitting over-night and all!

one thing though, kids under the age of 18 cannot go to prison for such offences, so in hindsight they have got away with it - thats where the law needs to change I think

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed 24 hour magistrates are a win in this case.......BUT they will all be wanting double time (quite rightly) and the cost of taking these scum to court will cost more than tripple than the damage they have caused with the greedy solicitors/barristors

I thought it was just me, but I thought I recognised one of the guys that was being interviewed on Central News, and for the last 2 days, the chippy next door had been closed, which I thought was extreme, considering there was very little action regarding looting locally.

Anyways, I managed to find the clip of vid of him being interviewed, it was indeed the owner of the chippy next door, it was his cousins that lost their lives on Tuesday evening! Very sad now, RIP to the 3 guys, and hope the family can move on from it all, even though it's going to be tough.

Just shocked that it's effected people so close to me! :(

Said cousin was actually one of the workers in the Chippy, I only found this out yesterday, as they opened up for a few hours just for the sake of it!

This was not really a riot, it was a distraction to allow looting.

Looting is done by people who are hungry, which is unlikely in this country as you get benefits, or by people who are greedy ********.

I hope they get their benefits reduced.

I asked my cat to show me what she thought of the looters.

kitty.gif