Sundays....

Jay A3

#because Racecar
Reaction score
ANyone else have this probelm... For some reason when i get up on a sunday i have this impulsiveness to go buy something for my car whether its wheels, exhausts or even an air freshner! Ive now got a nice collection of air freshners as halfrauds seem to be the only store that is open on a sunday. i find the item i want but the store or point of contact on the website is closed...
Let me know how you deal with this little dilemma...

I have other things to spend money on, an idea to save you buying unnecessary stuff is to open and drink 3 cans of beer before 11 am, then you will be over the limit and unable to drive to halfordsss.

Come back and see me when you need advice on stopping drinking, I have another plan for that.

Reactions: Keeno
:lmfao: funnily enough i ended up in halfords, got stuff to clean my wheels... managed to sneak in a few cans to drink later too!
ASN AA

I was on my way home today when i actually stopped the car, turned it around, and went to halfords for no apparent reason, 'just for a nosey' i thought to myself. 10 minutes leater i walked out with a can of red spray paint. Why i hear you ask? Well, i have no f***ing idea! And this is what i did.....:wtf:

SouthAyrshire-20110730-00102.jpg

Again i hear you ask why? And again, i have no f***ing idea haha

Very tidy bay mate

Its an infectious disease... "Halfordmycosis"
Cure?? Non found yet, but alcohol seems to help in some cases

Yep found myself wandering around there the other day but I did come out with some meguiars tyre dressing gel

Is it just my local Halfords or do they all have the most expensive bargain buckets/shelves known to man?
I'm sure they INCREASE the price of the stuff on clearance instead of reducing it!

Is it just my local Halfords or do they all have the most expensive bargain buckets/shelves known to man?
I'm sure they INCREASE the price of the stuff on clearance instead of reducing it!

No Ads its not just your local Halfords, but my question is, how are the staff? The staff that work in my local halfords are the most unhelpful people that i have ever come across. If you ask them for help its like your suddenly speaking a foreign language. I think they turn up for work to get in out the cold weather, they have no idea about social interaction skills whatsoever.

No Ads its not just your local Halfords, but my question is, how are the staff? The staff that work in my local halfords are the most unhelpful people that i have ever come across. If you ask them for help its like your suddenly speaking a foreign language. I think they turn up for work to get in out the cold weather, they have no idea about social interaction skills whatsoever.

They are pretty useless at my local one, I went to get served yesterday and the girl looked at me as I walked over to the counter then walked away for a good few minutes as I got there, then came back and served me without saying a word. WTF.

P.S. I <3 Halfords 3 for 2 on car cleaning, you can never have too much Autoglym wheel cleaner :laugh:

And Halfords has the slowest tills and the slowest chip and pin handset in the world.

^^^Agreed
Everytime im in there its not busy, but the moment i go to pay there is always 3-4 people queuing up behind me...
Tills are so slow, all i wanted was another Air freshner

^^^Agreed
Everytime im in there its not busy, but the moment i go to pay there is always 3-4 people queuing up behind me...
Tills are so slow, all i wanted was another Air freshner

I hate having to go in there for anything, its that bad. But sometimes it just cant be avoided. They obviously dont do staff training. Glad to see its not just me it happens too.

Reactions: Jay A3

:laugh:
In my closest store the floor staff and the guys on the motoring desk seem ok. BUT the girls on the tills :faint: absolutely useless! Slow paced, slow brained, and mono-toned.

:laugh:
In my closest store the floor staff and the guys on the motoring desk seem ok. BUT the girls on the tills :faint: absolutely useless! Slow paced, slow brained, and mono-toned.

Sign of the times Ads, they cant be bothered working these days. They get paid for just turning up.

Sign of the times Ads, they cant be bothered working these days. They get paid for just turning up.

One of the drawbacks of minimum wage. Gives people a sense of entitlement, that they deserve £5.83/hour just for being there and doing the bare minimum they can possibly get away with without being fired.

Agree that minimum wage is too low, but manners cost nothing.

That's kind of the opposite of my point.

Minimum wage has made (some) people lazy and given them an undeserved sense of entitlement.

It doesn't matter what they are paid, if the boss treats them with respect, trains them, coaches them, and manages them, they will be perfectly able to do a great job.

If however, the boss isn't bothered, or far too busy, then motivation just isn't there.

Anyway, they should have self service tills in every shop, at least the receipt says thank you.

It doesn't matter what they are paid, if the boss treats them with respect, trains them, coaches them, and manages them, they will be perfectly able to do a great job.

If however, the boss isn't bothered, or far too busy, then motivation just isn't there.

I agree entirely. Bu equally if they're being paid £5.83 just for turning up, what sort of motivation have they got for putting in any real effort? I know for damn sure if I was only getting £3.00/hr I'd be busting a gut to climb the ladder.

I'm also well aware of the other side of this argument ie. inflation and the cost of living, but then market forces would probably end up dictating some sort of unofficial minimum wage anyway.

Anyway back to Sundays!