ahh f*ck

Danielson

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
just got my speeding fine through, 220 quid and 5 points, not v happy, but then its my fault i shouldnt hav been doing 98.9. whas the deal with letting the insurance company know, its up for renewal in a cple of months, should i tell them then or is best to tell them now, how much are they likely to up my premiem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif 220 quid could hav gone towards a s4 front bumper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Gutted for you mate. I am sure you are supposed to tell them now unfortunately. It will put the premium up a little.
If you have an accident or a claim and they find out you havent told them then they will void your policy and you will be in the sh!t next time round with them.
Where did you get caught?

on the a11 on the was to get some optimax, they were hid in the slip road on the oppisite side, out of view

[ QUOTE ]
Gutted for you mate. I am sure you are supposed to tell them now unfortunately. It will put the premium up a little.
If you have an accident or a claim and they find out you havent told them then they will void your policy and you will be in the sh!t next time round with them.
Where did you get caught?

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with Rob about this. Tell them before something happens and they try and shaft you by not paying out...

Unlucky mate, let us know what they say.

Rich.

6 months... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif... I probably would have forgetten by then!

Not good news for you NSD...how long ago was yours?

sorry to hear Dan

But yeah- tell them. speeding points are now seen as common im told so shouldnt push you up too much hopefully /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I was not pulled over BravePilot, I was supposidly bliped so I am in the clear as its been over two weeks and 3 days grace for post to arrive. (to the point its been over 2 months now) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Sorry to hear your bad news Snoop.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

PS I will get your files up on the net for you tonight.

just got of the phone to ins company cost me ten pound more, for one month only, so im glad i rang them, just /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif of about the fine.

NSD... pleased to hear it, you weren't got by your friendly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif cop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Snoop... sorry to hear about the points... but good to see that the insurance company does not take it so hard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

gutted for you matey, bast~ards need /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Quit the sympathy guys... 98mph is easily 105+mph on the speedo and is not someting that is done by accident.

The points and penalty are fair for the speed IMO, I would have expected worse.

Did your case go to court? I presume so... Insurance renewal depends much on the conviction code... SP is not usually so bad

My friend got caught doing 100.5mph and received a 2 month BAN plus fines...

Yes I'd say you were very lucky not to get a ban. I'd say, from my extensive experience, that what you received would have been normal for a motorway but not an A road. 5 points is no worse than 3 points in the totting up process, i.e. you still have 2 more lives left (if you had a clean licence before, which I guess you must have had for them to have been that lenient). The fine is always 3x worse than a fixed penalty when you have to go to court.
I'd say all round that you got a good result, nice one, well done.

it did go to court, but i didnt attend, as for the speedo it was definately under the ton.

[ QUOTE ]
True - I think we have all done it and perhaps worse... However it is a bit feeble to moan about being punished for it when caught.

At least be bold enough to take the rap for being at fault without bitching about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too true - David, and totally agree.

You do the crime, etc etc

If I were caught doing xxx mph then I'd take the rap.

Speeding is not big and not clever, but I do it, and so do most.

[ QUOTE ]
just got my speeding fine through, 220 quid and 5 points, not v happy, but then its my fault i shouldnt hav been doing 98.9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont think he was really moaning, just asking about the insurance consequences.

That is an SP50 which is what I have, can add anything up to £100 to insurance depending on how old it is etc.

Firstly - unlucky snoop - gutted for you.

Secondly...
[ QUOTE ]
I was not pulled over BravePilot, I was supposidly bliped so I am in the clear as its been over two weeks and 3 days grace for post to arrive. (to the point its been over 2 months now) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to act dim, but I have just had a letter through form Notts police asking if I was the driver etc. etc as they have photographic / video evidence and "intend" to take it forward. I never saw a Flash (was dark) or know what speed I was doing in a 30mph zone (it didn't say on the initial letter), however are you saying if I dont recieve owt in next 2 weeks (and 3 days) - they have decided not to take it any further ?
]

Cheers NSD.... well all I can say then is.....B0ll0x - looks like they got me as the letter was sent a week after the incident.