Well this is fun......not.

RacingTeatray

Freezing in Moscow
Reaction score
It's goddamn 4.30am and I'm still at my desk. What's more our client is still upstairs in one of our meeting rooms going through documents. The woman must be a robot!

Do I win the longest working day award or are there any junior doctors on here?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif = primary goal right now!

Sorry I've pully just short of 39hrs non-stop when I had to rebuild our oracle/peoplesoft E1 system from backups when our SAN failed.

Had to get a taxi home as I was falling asleep whilst walking !!!!!!!

Sympathy appreciated.

That is pretty awful though as well. My last 4 days have been:

Friday: 9am - Midnight
Saturday: 9am - 2am
Sunday: 9am - 11pm
Monday: 9am - 6am.

Kinda hurts right now.

I'm a finance lawyer.

Quick question to all those with really long hours... do you feel your pay reflects these hours? Normally I am 9 till 6, and only have to work late about 10 nights a month, so nothing drastic... but it is reflected in my pay... which is quite frankly a large cotton pair of pants (not literally of course)! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

No my pay does definitely not reflect this!

My basic is pretty good by most standards but there's no overtime, you have to contract out of your rights under the working time directive and the bonus target is (a) hard to achieve and (b) worth a maximum of 10% of my basic pre-tax and thus is assuredly not worth the effort.

Everyone thinks lawyers rake it in and swan about having long lunches. Well not in this place that's for sure. Unless you are really senior and then you do rake it sickening amounts and become extremely fat from too many swanky lunches. Which I guess is the carrot.

you guys work too hard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif my last 4 days have been
fri 8am-4:30pm
sat off
sun off
mon 4:30pm-1030pm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
you guys work too hard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif my last 4 days have been
fri 8am-4:30pm
sat off
sun off
mon 4:30pm-1030pm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't work - beat that hah! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

I don't work - beat that hah! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

I am having a really cr*p day as of about 1hr ago! This is seriously going to affect my AS.net browsing! Plus I have to get the train home still!!!

Yeah the hard work is def not reflected in my pay. I'm saleried so no over time there. Plus I had to sign the opt out for working hours.

Ho hum, but package is good though for my age so I'm not too fussed, plus my hours can be flexible sometime depending on work load and clients to see.

37 hours a week for me, with no weekends.

Its Flexi hours as well, so I am really lucky.

Can start anytime between 8:00 -10:00,Lunch between 12:00-2:00 and finish anytime between 3:30 -6:00.

Correct Auroan !!!! It is a local authority, how did you guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wouldnt mind a four day week though TDI Line

r88per, 70 hours a week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gifthats crazy for a QS.

Taffy - I need to change my profile. No longer a QS, I'm a project / Site Manager, currently completing the transition from one contrat to another. Hopefully things will slow down once the systems and procedures are in place.

Fingers crossed.

I work 8am-4-30pm and finish at 4pm on Friday. No over-time but when on call its for a week at a time and lasts up to 11pm everynight but if you dont turn phone off it has been known to get calls at 2am..... Answer...get a life!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you were a full time post whore CJ? have you really got a real job as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Real job = I.T = /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I found out they decided to stop paying overtime for managers at my work. So guess what...I stopped doing it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif .

I find that stationary theft and sick days help to balance it out as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did i menetion i work in the police department rob?????
Only jokin lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif
The now our work is SO QUIET , but normaly its 12-15 hour days except fridays cause the bosses need to stay behind to lock up! funny that eh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you were a full time post whore CJ? have you really got a real job as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Real job = I.T = /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My boss forces me to play Unreal Tournament 2004 and inbetween i have to take a few calls and configure a few citrix boxes for our other offices. My job is boring me now..... i enjoyed it for the first 5 months but the novelty has worn off now! At least i have all the time i want to spend on my favourite website....topgear ahahaha no only joking i mean this one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WOT a life lol
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif