Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Turkster

Thread: Grrrrr ITUNES!

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Question Grrrrr ITUNES!

Right, one of you will know this one,

You rip a CD into your PC , you then add the file in iTunes and the to your iPhone, great, but when you look for the CD its filed it all over the place and you cant just play a straight CD!

HELP!

Last edited by Turkster; 16th July 2011 at 23:10.
    jcs356 likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Up the owls!

Status
    You need to right click on the files in iTunes and go to properties, there is a tick box in there that is something to do with making it part of a compilation - you need to check that

Sorry I can't be more specific, I don't have iTunes to hand to check exactly
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio View Post
    You need to right click on the files in iTunes and go to properties, there is a tick box in there that is something to do with making it part of a compilation - you need to check that

This is correct, that should put the album in one folder

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

1st Gear

Status
    Try using iTunes to upload the cd if you are not already.
    B6 A4 Avant 1.8T (190) S-Line

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Edition View Post
    This is correct, that should put the album in one folder
    Didn't quite understand what you meant at first Turkster, but seeing these replies now makes sense
    Kristian
    No longer an Audi driver...

Status

Right click on the files where?

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    on iTunes if you select song or album group and right click on it it will bring a drop-down menu up. There is an option that says Get Info. Click that and then under one of the tabs there will be an option which says 'Compilation'
    Kristian

Status
    Ah, things are starting to make sense now, Must get an IMac, my old PC has seen better days, like 7 years worth!

Brum brum

Status
    Given iTUnes checks the Gracenotes database when you upload the CD, it ought to know it was a compilation anyway?

iTunes is like all Apple products - form before function. It's about time Apple focused on getting the basics right, or are it's customers so blinded by the Apple hysteria they don't care??? I've given up trying to get my iPOD classic to behave the way I want it to and not the way Apple or iTunes decides for me.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs356 View Post
    Given iTUnes checks the Gracenotes database when you upload the CD, it ought to know it was a compilation anyway?

iTunes is like all Apple products - form before function. It's about time Apple focused on getting the basics right, or are it's customers so blinded by the Apple hysteria they don't care??? I've given up trying to get my iPOD classic to behave the way I want it to and not the way Apple or iTunes decides for me.
    What gets me Jason is the constant updates to itunes that then messes up everything you have on your ipod and it takes ou hours to fix it the way it should be again.

Sent from Sandra's Ipad.
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    I have managed to spend enough time on iTunes and get it to behave as i want it to. It's just a shame they don't allow yout to copy muisc and pictures using a drag and drop technique

To be honest you just gotta anticipate exactly what it is going to do. Gracenote data isn;t always tip top unfortunately. I'm always renaming stuff before it get added into my iTunes. Half my files aren;t even stored in iTunes filder anymore - as soon as the CD is imported I copy and keep all my music and vidoes on my external harddrive and they are just 'imported' into iTunes. This means if I want to use WinAmp or any other media source it won;t affect any of my files unless they are in the music folder on your C-Drive.

I like iTunes because I find it very user-friendly once you know how. The music is organised tidyily and such that I can find things with ease. I do have an iPod and iPhone but I'm far from one of these Apple arselickers.
    Kristian

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    I think turkster has an issue with technology in general... did you not just smash up your blackberry the other week cos you couldn't use it?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    I think turkster has an issue with technology in general... did you not just smash up your blackberry the other week cos you couldn't use it?
    Think your right about that, though to be fair it dont sound like it was a good phone.

Sent from Sandra's Ipad
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    yeah have to agree with you there... blackberries are pretty crap! have an issue with mine but i ignore it as i have an iphone as well
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    Yep, the flipping thing was pete tong! im normally very well with gizmos but BB's and i just did not hit it off, Iphone4, I'm loving it, iTunes, getting used to it and planning to buying a Mac home computer,