Food waste rediculous rules :/

Joined! an obvious decision made by some ****wit at the top with no care in the world or thought for others. Total waste, most of it will rot so its not like they insist it happens to keep the food chain going.

Signed up, buddy. It's absolutely disgusting, it really is. Makes my blood boil to read of such waste. :(

Dead fish should be thrown overboard, it gives the seagulls and other sea life something to eat. And if they were kept on board they would infect the living fish. And commercial fishermen over catch to make a profit and hopefully get away with it.
People have been dying of stavation on this planet for centuries, mainly in the third world, but that's down to over population with no income or way to support the mouths of their kids that they keep having. Their corrupt governments do nothing about it as foreign aid keeps rolling in to pay for it and it keeps increasing in a never ending circle.

Or did I seriously miss the point?

Dead fish should be thrown overboard, it gives the seagulls and other sea life something to eat. And if they were kept on board they would infect the living fish. And commercial fishermen over catch to make a profit and hopefully get away with it.
People have been dying of stavation on this planet for centuries, mainly in the third world, but that's down to over population with no income or way to support the mouths of their kids that they keep having. Their corrupt governments do nothing about it as foreign aid keeps rolling in to pay for it and it keeps increasing in a never ending circle.

Or did I seriously miss the point?

Dude I Totally agree with what you say and yes as a giving country we set ourselves up to have our pants pulled down and bent over, but I think the point raised is about mankind food waste/ wide spread hunger lol
Maybe they should go halves with the sharks and seagulls and ship the other half to Africa for free out Of profit, In a giving back campaign.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the fish are chucked back to stay within the quota of fish boats are allowed to catch and sell.

Surely the simple solution is to not catch so many fish in the first place, and use (nearly) all the ones you have caught...

Food wastage is soemthing that will never stop.

It's like 'use-by' dates - teh amount of food that is still perfectly edible and free from mould or any change what-so-ever is unbelievable. Even yoghurts will last 5days over the use-by date and trust me I have tried it.

Yes people become too afraid and chuck stuff awayw ithout even opening the packaging. Pathetic really.