Recommend me a mobile?

unikarl

Reaction score
I currently have an Iphone 4 but want to free up some cash to pay for the band for my wedding so I'll be selling it. I need to buy a half decent handset second hand, probably on the bay, for around £100. What would people recommend?

The last phone I had was a Nokia 6700 chrome which I loved so I might go back down that route.

I currently have an Iphone 4 but want to free up some cash to pay for the band for my wedding so I'll be selling it. I need to buy a half decent handset second hand, probably on the bay, for around £100. What would people recommend?

The last phone I had was a Nokia 6700 chrome which I loved so I might go back down that route.

You could probably get a decent Blackberry Curve or Bold which does just about everything the iPhone 4 does, the only thing it lacks is the high quality of the apps but Blackberrys are great for everyday use.

TBH there's so many phones that woud do so much more than a crappy iphone lol, its true, my old K600i 8 years old now did video calling, you have can that for free if like lol, but there are thousands of new/used touch phones on ebay that would do same if not more than the iphone 4, have gander as a nice HTC wildfire or just above that would suffice IMHO, Galaxy S would be £150 soon with the S 2 out now, I paid £200 for my bnib galaxy from ebay months ago.

meh iphone hater^^

After having an iphone 4 you will be dissapointed by any other smartphone... its very true that they havent really invented anything but the functionality is unparalleled in my opinion. I have this arguement all the time with mate, then then flop there super HTC's out and takes me about 2 minutes before it starts freezing and crashing :ermm:

I actually bought myself a samsung solid as a work phone. Great for just texting and calling. But its water/dust/impact proof, Its absolutely bullet proof. And the battery last for about 7days with medium usage. Think you can buy them for about £70 new

I don't like touchscreen phones, as brilliant as the iphone is I need real live keys to type with. And for that reason my BlackBerry 9700 is the best phone I've ever had, the only downside (for me) being the smaller screen, but I'd not swap that for a touchscreen.

samsung galaxy s2 - having had iphone 3,3gs and 4 im afraid this out class them all and i wont go back to an iphone unless they do something really special with it

ive got a nokia E72 brand new and unlocked, can have it for £100 if you want as its laying about not dong anything

samsung galaxy s2 - having had iphone 3,3gs and 4 im afraid this out class them all and i wont go back to an iphone unless they do something really special with it

i would have said the same as i just picked up one myself and its brilliant but he needs a 2nd hand jobby for around £100, he wont get an S2 for that.

Could try one of the smaller android phones should be available for that price

wildfire seems ok ish for a small smart phone

Galaxy S2 here and also hate the i phone they just try and control everything so much old k800i is still on standby

ive got a nokia E72 brand new and unlocked, can have it for £100 if you want as its laying about not dong anything

I'll defo take it mate if it's still for sale. Can I paypal you?

Cheers

Galaxy S II for £100? Please show me this magic website :laugh:

I second the Samsung Galaxy S2. It outclasses every other phone there is in every way, you'll have no regrets!

I've been considering the S2 aswell, but problem is my S is already pushing the limits of size I would accept to use daily, plus I realise I dont really use it as comprehensively as I thought, got my misses an Ace & that is tbh a perfect fit, just testing different FW's to see which is best as 2.3.4 I have atm well imho is buggy, same poxy bug on my S as the Ace so definitely version related.

Anyone found a good total backup app as I have a call log app, sms app & then the standard backup tool through kies which I have to say is total crap, should backup everything not just the poxy contacts & media arrgghh, what a royal pita as I want an app that will do it all at once.

A very good backup app and probably the most comprehensive is 'My Backup'. You can use to store on SD/Online and backups just about everything, including calls, SMS, MMS, contacts, photos, calendar, system settings etc. It's £3 and well worth the price. If your willing to root your phone then it offers other benefits too which you can find out about if you search for the app at the Android Market.

Yeap found it, will give it a whizz now.

Last edited:
I've been considering the S2 aswell, but problem is my S is already pushing the limits of size I would accept to use daily, plus I realise I dont really use it as comprehensively as I thought, got my misses an Ace & that is tbh a perfect fit, just testing different FW's to see which is best as 2.3.4 I have atm well imho is buggy, same poxy bug on my S as the Ace so definitely version related.

Anyone found a good total backup app as I have a call log app, sms app & then the standard backup tool through kies which I have to say is total crap, should backup everything not just the poxy contacts & media arrgghh, what a royal pita as I want an app that will do it all at once.

See this kind of comment is exactly why i gave up on HTCs... yes they are great phones and i had a good few of them from 2004 - Jan 2011 but i just got tired of trying to get a 'fix' for the phone with the stupid bugs it gets... and the backup solution is another thing that they just cannot get right!

I hated iPhones up until 4 came out... it does everything i want it to and it just works! no having to look for fixes and annoying bugs that drive you nuts... good quality screen and apps.

See this kind of comment is exactly why i gave up on HTCs... yes they are great phones and i had a good few of them from 2004 - Jan 2011 but i just got tired of trying to get a 'fix' for the phone with the stupid bugs it gets... and the backup solution is another thing that they just cannot get right!

I hated iPhones up until 4 came out... it does everything i want it to and it just works! no having to look for fixes and annoying bugs that drive you nuts... good quality screen and apps.

Lets be honest though, trying to get a modern feature set from an iphone required squeezing it from Steve Jobs assssse hole, video calling came in with the dinosaurs mate, iphone have only just started to promote it, what happened to wireless sync & bluetooth sending of files to say your pc for photos, this has now surfaced on the 4 hasnt it, you see that kinda attitude has alienated me from the Iphone sector, got fedup trying to find apps/solutions for things my 7yr old SE could do, my 3g was fun to mess with JB's & unlocks etc, but left me feeling bored if I'm honest, as it wouldnt allow me to do things I needed.

As much as I dont like bugs & finding fixes, it was also a learning curve with newer devices, the iphone just got on my nips if I'm honest, couldnt do this, that, always finding ways to stop iphone OWNERS (note in big letters, we actually own the item not rent it from apple) from playing with there handsets.

Before anyone steps up & calls me an iphone hater, I'm not, apples designs & hardware are very good, mostly, but software wise, CS & owner consideration shows a hell of allot of selfishness & restrictions for things that tbh shouldnt be restricted.

Iphone 4 has a nice design, but things like antennagate etc are unbelievably effing ridiculous, why cant a company just fess up & say ok we fecked up, what can we do to fix, then they'd avoid most class actions imho, as people appreciate honesty instead of hiding the facts cause sooner or later it comes out when a disgruntled employee leaves & tells all, Dell are another who I do actually hate, they're the worst company ever to grace this planet!!!