iTunes question

lil_coz

Reaction score
Now I've got all my songs neatly organised on my HD, is there any way of getting these straight into a playlist in iTunes? Or is it going to have to be a painstaking few hours organising it all, creating folders and playlists in iTunes?

Cheers,

Set iTunes so you organise your folders yourself just to be on the safe side BUT unless your songs are in your C:Ddrive iTunes folder then no folder/file alterations wil be made at ALL!

Next step is to go to 'File > Add Folder/File to iTunes' and then watch all your songs appear. It may take a while because it's basically finding all the songs and it may alter song names in iTunes BUT it won;t alter ANYTHING in your folder as long as they aren't in your iTunes folder or you have set 'organise iTunes folder yourself'

Hope that makes sense. I'm pretty clued up with iTunes as I always use it and have managed to learn a alot about it and how it works so that is never annoys me in the future... much! lol

I only use it because it's user-interface in simple and tidy :) plus I have an iPod and iPhone.

Awesome! Now for a simpler question.... how do I set it to 'organise iTunes folder yourself'? lol :readit:

Go to 'Edit > Preferences > Advanced > *uncheck* Keep iTunes Media Folder Organised'

To be honest though if you make a back up of your music first and as long as your music isn't in the iTunes Media Folder then it won;t edit any of the music data. My music is seperate to my iTunes folder teh same as you, but I keep my Apps, Videos, Ringtones, Books organsied. :)

BINGO! Thanks for the help mate. I've had the iPod for about 4 years now and always put everything in manually. Done it a few times due to formatting HD's so getting a bit tiresome! I've got a dose of OCD when it comes to music folders! lol Thats again :icon_thumright:

I've got a dose of OCD when it comes to organising PC files in general. I make sure I have a second copy of everything at least lol

No worries though dude :) give us a shout if you need any other help.