Monster MotorsportBadger5

Thread: Bored

1st Gear

Status

Bored

Working in IT is boring, when everythings working [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].

I guess I should be planning strategy or looking at MCSE text books but why bother when you can just browse Audi-Sport [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Christian

2. # ADS
    ADS

Jon
    1st Gear

Status

Re: Bored

I hear ya!

Just spent the last 3 hours trying to recover a corrupt word doc from a floppy, oh joy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Dude, TELL me about it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] If I were still active duty, I'd be chewing on a gun barrel right about now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

Jon,

LOL. You've got it all wrong! If a user comes to you saying they can't get a document off a floppy you say 'Sorry you've lost it for good, that'll teach you to use floppy disks'. I mean 3 hours come on [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

Christian

5th Gear

Status

If you are that bored you can write my presentation for me !

Got to give a days training on Thursday about something I know nothing about and haven't written the presentation for yet.

Ho hum, but somehow browsing a-s.net is still more interesting !!!!

5th Gear

Status

Damn Jo, sounds familiar, you enlisted? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

Jo,

What are you teaching then? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Christian

Jon
    1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Jon,

LOL. You've got it all wrong! If a user comes to you saying they can't get a document off a floppy you say 'Sorry you've lost it for good, that'll teach you to use floppy disks'. I mean 3 hours come on [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

Christian

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] that would be the standard response, however this was for a friend [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jon.

1st Gear

Status

Different matter then, although 3 hours is pushing it even for a mate [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Christian

5th Gear

Status

Our Switching Family, Routing Family, IP Telephony and useful config tools on our website !!!!

Errrrrrr!!!!!

1st Gear

Status

Erm.....I'll leave you to it then [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Christian

Jon
    1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Different matter then, although 3 hours is pushing it even for a mate [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Christian

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Well, i felt like a challenge... got most of it back, beerz pleese [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Jon.

Neutral

Status

Probably got some of that material kicking about (am a consultant in those subjects). Send me a mail saying what you need - i can probably help if it is Cisco (or is it Nortel Notworks...? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

Cheers
    Jon

5th Gear

Status

Thanks, I work for Cisco so I have access to loads of preso's, it's just wading through everything !

Covering the whole switching range (up to 6500) and routers (up to 7200) in 40 minutes each, to people of varied technical expertise.

Oh I love my job sometimes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

No seriously (in case the boss is reading [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I DO love my job !

Jon
    1st Gear

Status

Jo,

You wouldn't happen to have a DSL card gathering dust for a 2600 would ya [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Jon.

5th Gear

Status

ha ha, no - if I did I would be saving it for my DSL line !!

Jon
    1st Gear

Status

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I got the chassis with 2 ethernet cards, but no DSL card [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Jon.

5th Gear

Status

Well finally managed to finish off my switching presentation last nite, just gotta write the routing one today [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

However today I got a desk near the window, so I can waste lots of time gazing at the very cold looking smokers !!!!

1st Gear

Status

I'm not bored anymore, busy as hell today [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Still at least the day goes quickly.

Christian