Bored

Drystone

Reaction score
Working in IT is boring, when everythings working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

I guess I should be planning strategy or looking at MCSE text books but why bother when you can just browse Audi-Sport /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Christian

I hear ya!

Just spent the last 3 hours trying to recover a corrupt word doc from a floppy, oh joy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon,

LOL. You've got it all wrong! If a user comes to you saying they can't get a document off a floppy you say 'Sorry you've lost it for good, that'll teach you to use floppy disks'. I mean 3 hours come on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Christian

If you are that bored you can write my presentation for me !

Got to give a days training on Thursday about something I know nothing about and haven't written the presentation for yet.

Ho hum, but somehow browsing a-s.net is still more interesting !!!!

Jo,

What are you teaching then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Christian

[ QUOTE ]
Jon,

LOL. You've got it all wrong! If a user comes to you saying they can't get a document off a floppy you say 'Sorry you've lost it for good, that'll teach you to use floppy disks'. I mean 3 hours come on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Christian

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif that would be the standard response, however this was for a friend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon.

Different matter then, although 3 hours is pushing it even for a mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Christian

Erm.....I'll leave you to it then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Christian

[ QUOTE ]
Different matter then, although 3 hours is pushing it even for a mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Christian

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Well, i felt like a challenge... got most of it back, beerz pleese /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jon.

Probably got some of that material kicking about (am a consultant in those subjects). Send me a mail saying what you need - i can probably help if it is Cisco (or is it Nortel Notworks...? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Cheers
Jon

Thanks, I work for Cisco so I have access to loads of preso's, it's just wading through everything !

Covering the whole switching range (up to 6500) and routers (up to 7200) in 40 minutes each, to people of varied technical expertise.

Oh I love my job sometimes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No seriously (in case the boss is reading /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I DO love my job !

Jo,

You wouldn't happen to have a DSL card gathering dust for a 2600 would ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jon.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got the chassis with 2 ethernet cards, but no DSL card /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jon.

Well finally managed to finish off my switching presentation last nite, just gotta write the routing one today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

However today I got a desk near the window, so I can waste lots of time gazing at the very cold looking smokers !!!!

I'm not bored anymore, busy as hell today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Still at least the day goes quickly.

Christian