Having the snip??

mikeyg

Reaction score
Anyone had it done?

If so how was it? Was the procedure itself painful, or what about recovery time?

Looks like i shall be going to see the doc soon to arrange an appointment :crying:

You are talking about the Jewis thing right?
If so, my dad had it done and he said it was painful but nothing to bad and it took him about a week I think.
Then again my mate had it done and he was sorted out after a couple of days and said my dad was a pussy. lol

So I guess it depends on the person.

Good luck dude. :)

Ahh, balls.
Had a 50%50 chance of getting it right and got it wrong. lol

My Step dad had it done twice and he said its the worse pain he has ever felt in his life.
It was the Vasectomy or the reversal.
I'm not sure which but I can ask him if you want to know more.

The only person i have spoke to who i know has had it done is my dad,and he said it wasnt too bad. So maybe the reversal is worse.

Ive always said i would not want to get it done,but recent events have changed and i dont think i can avoid it!

The only person i have spoke to who i know has had it done is my dad,and he said it wasnt too bad. So maybe the reversal is worse.

Ive always said i would not want to get it done,but recent events have changed and i dont think i can avoid it!

What about the male pill?

A friend has had it done said he was awake and watched the process. The doc cut his ******* and pulled out a tube, cut it and burnt the ends. Then he was supposed to go back for 3 tests but he only went back for one. And then few years later it reversed and another sprog. Fail! Lol

He said it didn't hurt. Just a *****. Lol

As long as its not painful thats good! No way would i ever want to go back to get it reversed though,2 kids is plenty!

Even if me and the missus ever split,i would not want to start again with anyone else.

I know a couple of guys at work who've had it done, I think they said it was ok, all done under a local anaethestic and they recovered pretty quick. Tender nuts for a week and be prepared to be black and blue!

If you want an honest answer then here goes....
As i am not a wimp i opted to stay awake for it, it started for me with three oldish female nurses taking care of me and keeping me sane, then one of them washed the area with a "rag on a stick" and also commented on how good a job i had done of shaving my balls.
Next in comes the surgeon who talks me through the procedure before sticking a needle in my sack.
Waits a moment for it to take effect then starts to make first incision, OOOOWWWWWWW...........i said, "you shouldnt have felt that" he said.
So sticks me with another, then carries on.
The way he did it was to make a cut at the bottom of the penis and pull the tubes out through the hole and cut and tie.
All i could feel at that point was the surgeon pulling at the tubes which is like the feeling you get in your guts after youve had a knock to the nuts.
Once done i had to stay in for an hour for the stuff to wear off, then it was a quick once over from a nurse to check the stitches and i could go home.
Once home i was pain free for an hour or so then bang, the pains starts......its more of the same gut ache that i mentioned earlier.
After a few day your knob will go black with bruising.

Hope that helps.

Oh yeh you have to give 2 samples 2 months apart first thing in the morning at your local hospital, thats not embarrasing at all.

Happy Days....

My bro in law went to ask for it to be done and apparently they said no, because he was too young. He's 31 with three kids though, so not like he hasn't had chance to use them :)

If you want an honest answer then here goes....
Oh yeh you have to give 2 samples 2 months apart first thing in the morning at your local hospital, thats not embarrasing at all.

Happy Days....

Did you join the forum just to tell us that? haha! You've put me off before i'd even considered it. erghhhh

Thanks Symun, i appreciate an honest answer,exactly what i was after. Cant wait to go and knock one out at the hospital :blush:

My bro in law went to ask for it to be done and apparently they said no, because he was too young. He's 31 with three kids though, so not like he hasn't had chance to use them :)

Im a much older 32! So hopefully they wont say no, and to be fair the doctor pretty much suggested it when me and the missus had an appointment there the other day :(

No ****** way am I having someone tugging on my tubes.

Give the women the injection (Is there a male version). Job done and no blob every month. lol

Well we thought we were safe with her having the coil fitted :sadlike: ,and no blob every month which was good

A guy at work had it done (36yrs old). A couple of weeks later he came up to me in the office and said "here, look at this", and shoved his phone under my nose, and there it was, a photo of his **** and balls in phantom black.

No way would I ever have it done. I'd become a monk before I let anyone yank tubes out of my ball bag and light them up with a swan vesta.
No way. Not on my watch.

So you dont want me to post up my pics after ive had it done!!

Ive always said no,but certain things made me change my mind.

Is no.3 on the way mikeyg? Surely that's the ultimate coil fail :(

Hope it all gets sorted! I don't think there's need for a pic though, ha.

A guy at work had it done (36yrs old). A couple of weeks later he came up to me in the office and said "here, look at this", and shoved his phone under my nose, and there it was, a photo of his **** and balls in phantom black.

No way would I ever have it done. I'd become a monk before I let anyone yank tubes out of my ball bag and light them up with a swan vesta.
No way. Not on my watch.

:laugh::laugh: too funny. But i agree with you

You are talking about the Jewis thing right?
If so, my dad had it done and he said it was painful but nothing to bad and it took him about a week I think.
Then again my mate had it done and he was sorted out after a couple of days and said my dad was a pussy. lol

So I guess it depends on the person.

Good luck dude. :)

:laugh:

Good luck fella. I think my dad had it done but never actually asked him think i will tonight. I'm far too young to be thinking about having this done. I doubt very much that i would ever have it done even once im older and IF i have kids.

lol, sorry but this had made me chuckle!!! You lot are pussies!!!

Hubby had it done last year. He was under general but thats due to other reasons, but usually its done under local at your doctors. We both had to go see the consultant first off where he explained the procedure and make sure its what we both wanted etc. Then a couple of visits to the nurse on seperate occassions to check for health/fitness before then in he went. Was in for the day, he drove there and back. He felt no real pain at first but after the pain killers wore off it hit but not too bad he said. But wow!!! He went black as a bag lol, and lots of swelling!!!!!!!! Have to go to give 2 samples to ensure you are 'sterile' as they called it and thats it all done.

Come on guys, most women are on the pill for years and these days it can have some strange side effects so the snips a good compromise eh!

Sorry to hear you had major coil failure but chin up, another little one is always rewarding. Good luck mate.

Thanks Sarah,i just need to pick up that phone and make the appointment! Which i will,as neither me nor the missus want to go through this again,and just wouldnt trust the coil.

Funniest thread I've read in ages............either man up & get it done or man down and don't...........symuns comment about getting cleaned with a "rag on a stick" ............comedy gold I almost spat my lunch over the screen and thats not a play on words!!!

Come on guys, most women are on the pill for years and these days it can have some strange side effects so the snips a good compromise eh!

I see it as two option....

Her with a slight hormone imbalance....or..... me with a large navy blue scrotum.

My choice: my missus (and me) better get used to her mood swings.

Its the pulling out of the tubes which is the deal breaker for me. Leave them inside and burn them and there's a 0.00001% chance I'd go for it in later life.
But tugging 'em out through a little hole??? No sireee.
Anything I was born with inside my body and out of sight I don't want to see. Ever.

No way hose.The alternative is painless and wont render you seedless....good old bowling from the pavilion end.No chance is anyone going near my marley bag with a knife

I have to applause the guys that have done it... personally i don't think i would choose to!
I'm 28 this year and I don't yet have any kids... have always wanted to be a dad so wouldnt mind a couple... after that if we dont want any more she would probably go back on the implant.
Feel for you Mikey on the coil fail... but what about other contraceptives? there are 15 different types i believe?

There are many different types,but after this scare im going for the most reliable option!

Well i have booked my doctors appointment today,need to go see them then they refer me to the hospital. Next appointment available at my surgery is 2 weeks!

Just noticed this bit............

We both had to go see the consultant first off where he explained the procedure and make sure its what we both wanted etc.

So let me get this right... my missus would also have to give her "approval" before I can have my own tubes severed and cremated???
Do us men solely control ANY part of our own lives?? :faint:

There are many different types,but after this scare im going for the most reliable option!

Well i have booked my doctors appointment today,need to go see them then they refer me to the hospital. Next appointment available at my surgery is 2 weeks!

You should make this thread a blog. :yes:

Ask the mods to make it a sticky lol