United Colours of Benetton...

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
So where are you guys are from originally?
i.e. what country/countries do your families originate from??

I'll start....

My father is Jamaican.
My mother is half Jamaican, a quarter Chinese, and a quarter English (her father is Jamaican and her mother Chinese/English).

And I've got a Scottish surname!

Nice mixture mate.

I'm English basically but with family from all over the place.
Nothing that interesting.

Edit:=- all over the place meaning England. Have got some Irish ancestors on my fathers side.

Lol, somewhere between the two of them.

I did a lookalike thread a while back but other than a Cristiano Ronaldo and a couple of others (I think Nilz admitted to looking like a member of that old band Damage) no one else got involved.

:lmfao:

Ok, for those of you who pretend not to know....

damage.jpg

The one of the left (Emma Bunton's partner) is the one who Nilz apparently looks like. I think it was Nilz anyway!

Going back a few years you're not too wide of the mark, james. I'm just lighter skinned.
That is so funny to me! :laugh:

I really liked the idea mate.
It fascinates me all the different races, people, beliefs and cultures.

Hopefully some people will come along and bring it back on track.

Both my parents are American, my great grandmother on my mums side was a Cherokee which makes me fourth generation. My great grandfather was Joseph Hatfield who changed his name to Billy Joe Meredith because of the Hatfield Feud (*). My mum still lives in Front Royal VA where she remarried a Lawyer for the DEA. My grandfather on my dads side was a moonshine runner in Missouri before serving time in Joiliet Prison in Illinois. He was released to serve in WW2 and later Korea where he won a bar fight with Robert Mitchum.

(*) Big bust up between two families over a pig in the 1880's, a truce was signed in 2003, talk about harbouring a grudge !

Born in Leeds, raised in Leeds and both parents from Leeds. White as the snow, yet I still manage to tan a little ha. Oh, and my grandparents are all born in Leeds too. :)

Live in Huddersfield now but we plan to move back over Leeds way when I finish Uni.

Yorkshire!!!!!!

We have some Irish ethniticy (sp?) in the family but only minor. Nothing to write home about but my brother takes the name of the Irish side of things.

Family history wise it goes back a bit I've heard but would need to recheck that.

Only other real interesting fact is that I have a cooler first name than the norm as it's spelt the Scaninavian way and not the crappy 'Ch' way.

Half welsh half English. Born and raised in Lancashire, never touched a sheep in a loving manor or worn a flat cap. Don't race pigeons and never met Fred dibnah. Mum went to a convent and a heavy Catholic and dad ran the local clubs. God knows how they met.

Mines as confusing as you aythree My dad is white, his parents welsh and irish. On my mums side it get confusing so much so ill go back to great grand parents. Great Grandad was from barbados (black) and my Great Nan was irish (white) My gran (mixed race of the above) and my grandad also from barbados(black) My mum is therefore 3/4 black and 1/4 white. My dad is as above a mix of irish and welsh (white) Then they had me and my sister. Were not half were 3/8ths black and 5/8ths white. Or 3/8 barbados and 2.5/8 irish and 2.5/8 welsh. Confusing right?

Last edited:
Fairly straight forward here! Both parents English,my grandfather on my mums side was Austrian(i think!) apart from that all English.

I told a lie people! I'm so sorry, my grandma on my mums side was raised in liverpool, although she was originally born in Leeds and moved back there in early 20's. There was 18 or so dark scouse years in her, and it turned her hair ginger! :uhm:

Mines as confusing as you aythree My dad is white, his parents welsh and irish. On my mums side it get confusing so much so ill go back to great grand parents. Great Grandad was from barbados (black) and my Great Nan was irish (white) My gran (mixed race of the above) and my grandad also from barbados(black) My mum is therefore 3/4 black and 1/4 white. My dad is as above a mix of irish and welsh (white) Then they had me and my sister. Were not half were 3/8ths black and 5/8ths white. Or 3/8 barbados and 2.5/8 irish and 2.5/8 welsh. Confusing right?

You've obviously had to explain that before, you have got the formula perfected! :happy:

So for an even better understanding, which celeb do you look like? :laugh:

I think an officer at Singapore airport's passport control summed me up best.....
He looked at my passport then looked at me and (in the most deadpan voice I've ever heard) said.... "you have the skin of a white man but the features of an African" and then said nothing else.
After standing there for a few seconds I asked him if that means I'm being denied entry.
He didn't see the funny side.

...I think an officer at Singapore airport's passport control summed me up best.....
He looked at my passport then looked at me and (in the most deadpan voice I've ever heard) said.... "you have the skin of a white man but the features of an African" and then said nothing else.
After standing there for a few seconds I asked him if that means I'm being denied entry.

Ha, brilliant! Passport control really aren't the most fun loving people are they.

Gloucestershire through and through boys.

Oh arrrrrr.

My mum has lived in the town I live in all her life, my old man used to be a Scouser so is highly skilled at lead theft and such.

Thats it.

Im born and raised here in England but parents are both Bangladeshi. Grandparents are Bangladeshi too so nothing interesting there. The only interesting mix in our family is one of my sisters has married a Pakistani guy and has 2 beautiful mixed race daughters...

As for celebrity look-alike I have been told for many years now that i look like (and apparently sing like) Peter Andre... still not sure what to think of that tbh. He is a good dude and most girls that say that to me have said that Peter is good looking but when my mates hear it they dont stop taking the **** :3sadwalk: I have had some embarrassing moments... I used to work in Bluewater in a Computer retail shop back in the days... had some random csutomer come to me to ask me some random computer question but then started telling everyone how i look like Peter. Then another time I'm having lunch in the food court to have a bunch of teenagers scream their heads off about how Peter Andre is in Bluewater :wacko:
Just last Sunday one of my little sisters new in-laws was saying i look like him as well...

Essex & proud ................but with a really odd French middle name that nobody in the family can explain so God knows what thats all about!

My Mum is a Londoner through and through and my old is Sicilian.

Have strong Sicilian roots as I go back at least twice a year to see the olds !!

One interesting thing about my background is my last name which means Ugly in English......can you guess what it is yet :think:

Gloucestershire through and through boys.

Oh arrrrrr.

My mum has lived in the town I live in all her life, my old man used to be a Scouser so is highly skilled at lead theft and such.

Thats it.

Lol at lead theft :lmfao:

My grandma was Irish apart from that I'm english, My Dad was born down the road from Cheltenham and my mum in Banbury and I'm Cheltenham through and through. Although I dont support Cheltenham F.C. and I do support GLoucester RFC

You've obviously had to explain that before, you have got the formula perfected! :happy:

So for an even better understanding, which celeb do you look like? :laugh:

I think an officer at Singapore airport's passport control summed me up best.....

LMAO what a line

im the opposite i have mostly white features but brown skin my hair is thicker but not quite afro hair. The annoying thing is i look like i could from many countries and every time i go on holiday the locals speak to me in their language... lol

Whether it be greece, spain, italy, cuba and even in america people thought i was either mexican or puerto rican. So much so i learnt how to say i dont speak spanish in spanish lol
not sure on which celebrity i look like hmm ill have a think and get back

The annoying thing is i look like i could from many countries and every time i go on holiday the locals speak to me in their language... lol

Whether it be greece, spain, italy, cuba and even in america people thought i was either mexican or puerto rican. So much so i learnt how to say i dont speak spanish in spanish lol

Hahahaaa. Mate, if I had a penny for everytime someone came up to me and asked me a question in arabic I'd have enough money to buy language school in Morocco!

Hahahaaa. Mate, if I had a penny for everytime someone came up to me and asked me a question in arabic I'd have enough money to buy language school in Morocco!

haha glad to hear im not alone on that :arco:. It gets annoying but its funny at the same time. Theyre even more confused when they hear my english accent. Would be even funnier if i had a scottish accent or something they would probably faint lol