Holiday to Italy

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Chatting to my cousins the other day and they offered us their villa in Italy for a week if they are not using at the same time we want to.
Their villa is in Ficulle at the top of a mountain some where.

Has any one been to this part of Italy or know it?
I'm just after things to see and places to go. I'm not a touristy sort of person, I like relaxed chilled out holidays with some good places to eat.

nhn4.jpg

lmfao I was called up for service by resident MR
supergay.png

Right 1st of all when you looking to go, 2nd if its the right time then drive, its a great drive across NE France, through Switzerland which is outstanding in summer & across top of Italy past Milan then down towards Tuscany, across to Perugia way which I think is where you mean, Montepuliciano is kinda on route to this place, allot of places have festivals in the summer, old school type, depends what you want from your holiday, if your a beach person then maybe not your cuppa, but if you like culture, fantastic food, wine & very warm weather mixed, then cant do better.

I'm not an arty farty person at all & you wonder why I hooked up with a Venetian (daily I ask myself that lmfao) serious note, but when you meet locals, get into the swing of things it takes time for you to really see why its a better life in allot of aspects, a week maybe wont help tbh lol, but in allot of ways I can see why they live longer & eat better etc etc, anyway derailing here.

Even just for an experience, drive down & stay for a week, then can say I did it :)

Just be warned, fuel & tolls will cost you a few hundred there & again back, but as I said its an experience, maybe stop in switzerland for a night, just the driving through the mountains seeing the lakes is lovely, no rushing through, especially with DSG :)

Thinking of going middle of september.
Due to changes in work (TUPE) I can only take that week off in september, which is gay but it will have to do, so we are going to fly it.

We got 2 weeks booked up next year for another driving holiday in the Audi. Last year we did Rosscoff down to south of spain, through Andorra, back up through france and home.
This time we are going to head east and south to somewhere. Not sorted the route out fully yet.
I got my cruise control and AC working this time. No more driving for 10 hours with my foot on the throttle and 35 degrees heat with only two working windows.

I like the beach but I'm happy any where thats not built for the torists. I like to go places to see it for what it is not what they can do for the torists.

I'm not 100% sure where this location is, I'm going to get some more information off them this week and look in to plane flights. They was to busy telling me how swimming pools, bathrooms and floors it has. They had me at swimming pool. lol

Get in to the swing of things? join the party? :D

I don't think a week will be long enough but it will have to do, I was hoping to have two but I'd have to pay for the other 5 days. No way am I paying.
I love food and really like seeing different cultures, just wish I could understand what they are saying. Linguistic skills are not the best really, I can point, make signs and general make a fool out of my self.
Trying to book a camp site in northan spain was the best, Me speak no spanish and he speak no english. We did have a nice dance when he told me about the Disco. lol