EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

Anyone else keep tropical/marine fish?

As subject really. Just thought I would see if anyone else keeps fish.

I've got 2 tropical fish tanks (1* 36", 1* 24") and one marine tank (Don't know what size, but it's big LOL)

Here's one of the tropical tanks:

Quite hard to get the fish to stay still while you take their photo LOL, and before you say It needs a top up.

I would post some pics of the marine tank, but there isn't much to look at as I am getting the water right at the minute.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: Anyone else keep tropical/marine fish?

Hello and yes.

Did have 2 tropical tanks, 250litres a piece. One was a general coummity tank the other full of malawis.

Now got one 6ft x 2ft x 2ft marine tank, plus sump filter in the garage below giving me a total of around 1000 litres. Going to run it as a reef tank now the waters right. At the moment got one large lion fihs, couple of starfish, maroon clown, yellow tang and blue trigger. HAd alot more but got a case of bloody white spot whilst I was away that killed 6 of my other fish. Plus some pussy coral, mushrooms and star polyps.

What size you running and what filter system are you using?

Owner

Status

I used to have 4 small Piranhas in my fish tank and the other 3 ate one of them then about a year later they all died. So put the tank up the loft.

Uber Post Whore

Status

I recently had a fully planted discus tank with CO2, the tank was 720 litres by akva-stabil effect-line, clad in aluminium panels. (The tank was german, of course, and the build quality showed through).

I then sold that and went into marines with a reef, the tank was by Aqua-medic (german again) and was a Percula 120. However, we hit bad times last year so the tank had to go.

Both systems were run with RO water from home.

I will be moving house in 2 years, so will be planning my next big tank for then. Sod moving house and fish tank in one go.

2nd Gear

Status

just bought a 4ft tall octagonal tank, filled it yesterday, running it for 2 weeks before i put any fish in. not sure what i`m gonna put in it yet, will look around and see what catches my eye!

Owner

Status

I would get marine salt water fish cos they are cool as f***!

Really bright and just look amazin.

I wanted them but my pocket money couldn't stretch that far when i was at school.

2nd Gear

Status

i was thinkin about marine fish till i saw the price of some of them [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

Kept tropical fish for about 10yrs. Have always wanted Marine, but i cant keep the tropical tank clean, so id better not bother.

Any other pics?

<font color="blue"> </font>

6th Gear

Status

Yeah keep fish too, have community tank of tropical: Clown loaches, cardinals, Keyhole Cichlids, Royal planque pleco (hes so cool with them red eyes), Angels, Flying fox, red tail shark, and two armoured shrimps, bamboo shrips got eaten , so these armoured ones are great, think there from New Zealand, a new speices so i've been told!!.

tanks about 4' x 3' x 3', not massive but good enough for these fish, ive had for years.

50% water change every week, and 50% beer intake for me after kleenin the dam thing, lmao!!

6th Gear

Status

Actually thinking of getting some the wife wants an Aquarium at home now. My mate owns red belly pirhana's they are mean and its mental watching them feed when my mate puts in live goldfish. I think i will stick with the nice placid colourful fish though!

5th Gear

Status

i've got mudskippers, they're grrrreat!