Save our General Chat!!!!

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
There are dark forces at work planning to merge the General Automotive Chat section with our beloved General Chat section.

I say DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN!

We don't want threads about 'what is the best filler to use' and 'how to get a dropped allen out of your engine bay' getting in the way of General Chat classics such as 'Pics of your Mrs' and 'ASN's Pub'!

So act before it's too late. General Chat needs you.

Show your support.... put a link to this thread in your signature!!!!! Fight the power!!

Vote here ---------> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sugges...e-merge-general-automotive-chat-sections.html

:salute:

protest.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HIGGINS and ScottD3
Yeeaahhhhh man!!!!! GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT.. GEN-ER-AL CHAT!!!

How ironic that the two most popular posters in the section are here already!

Don't you have jobs? lol

I agree, keep them seperate & if you really must make a change, do as Helen suggested, remove automotive chat & leave that to the specific areas, cause most people are asking or discussing about there chassis in most cases.

I voted no in the other thread, I like it just the way it is.
IMO General Automotive is bound to be a bit quiet when most people are using ASN for their Audi wants and needs.
Perhaps if General Automotive chat were to be moved up the page a bit people might be able to find it easier and cut down the mods work load.

I voted no in the other thread, I like it just the way it is.
IMO General Automotive is bound to be a bit quiet when most people are using ASN for their Audi wants and needs.
Perhaps if General Automotive chat were to be moved up the page a bit people might be able to find it easier and cut down the mods work load.

Your point on the other thread about having somewhere totally non car related to go was a good one.

Merging two sections just because they are quiet makes no sense to me. What happens when the entire site gets quiet??? Will we just have one "audi-sport.net" section?!?!? :happy:

It was just an idea to try and bring some life into the Non Model Specific chat area of the site, as some ;) observed the forum wasn't as busy as it had been! It certainly wasn't suggested to close the General Chat section down! I thought you might like it if it were busier in here?

Keep the suggestions coming and we can see what Admin say to them.

i say leave it as is, we have had this convo many times and it always settles as it is. If it aint broke etc...

It was just an idea to try and bring some life into the Non Model Specific chat area of the site, as some ;) observed the forum wasn't as busy as it had been! It certainly wasn't suggested to close the General Chat section down! I thought you might like it if it were busier in here?

Keep the suggestions coming and we can see what Admin say to them.

I do understand the thinking behind the idea but the two sections are too different to exist together.
As I mentioned before, having a mixed bag section with threads about the best car body fillers and threads about the best female bodies just isn't natural.

See, how could you have a thread such as this coupled with what grade power steering fluid should I use?

You can't pour power steering fluid onto breasts. Baby oil FTW!

KEEP THEM SEPARATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They in no way should be joined. It'd be like joining a kidney to a shoe, it would just make no sense at all.

lol, wow ive been away a few days and this happens! Nooooooo, keep them separate! The two just dont blend well. You boys would just hate all that talk about tools, screws etc to be mixed up with bouncing boobs!! lol

No, seriously as Mark said, if it aint broke, dont fix.

Theres like 1-3 threads created in both of them each day. Not much point in having a 2 sections. The missus thread will still be at the top because of the amount of posts it gets daily so dont worry aythree it'll still be there man.

(p.s. I saw ur dislike... grrr WAR MUTHA F*CKA :weight_lift2:)

Theres like 1-3 threads created in both of them each day. Not much point in having a 2 sections. The missus thread will still be at the top because of the amount of posts it gets daily so dont worry aythree it'll still be there man.

Have you seen how many quieter sections there are on this site. One section hasn't been posted in since 2009! But I don't see any of those facing the threat of merger.

Now kindly vacate this thread, we don't want your sort around here! :3sadwalk:

PS: I saw your dislike first! Bring it on you punk *** biscuit head! :gun2::lmfao:

WIth that thinking this forum will end up with just a A4 section, 8L, 8P, section for Aythree and a section for any thing else that don't fit in the above.

just cause its quiet does not mean it needs to be closed to joined with another quiet section.

WIth that thinking this forum will end up with just a A4 section, 8L, 8P, section for Aythree

:laugh:

I think you'd be in with a good shout for your own section. 'The Pub' section. Has a nice ring to it.

Last edited:
So when is it officially getting announced that things are staying as they are??

Voted ... keep them seperate ! :whip:

It's only fair to let the poll run it's course.

So is the result of the poll the deciding factor?

I still think they should merge some of sub sections thought.

I also think the same tbh, redtube, jokes etc should be together, cant see a point to these in subs.

I agree. Jokes and youtube should probably be a single sub section. Rants & Raves should be got rid of and all the threads that were in it should be put into general Chat.