insurance WTF???????

205man

Reaction score
ive just recieved my renewal for the insurance on my car , and the nfu have put it up by almost double to £620ish????

so i thought stuff that ill go have a look online, so i try go compare and get the cheapest at £234 or there abouts but i choose one little bit more but less excess and more extras add for free

BUT i page down just to look see what others were offering and i get to the botom and the dearest wants and its company called "insure your motor" and they want ...............

£7500 plus £850 excess -

deposit £1,880 then 9 months at £714 ........total =£8309.60 ??????? WTF

lol im almost 41, full license on no point full no claims, car is used less than 7500 miles a year parked in a alarmed garage at night, and the car is only worth poss say £1500 - 2000 max for a 1999 a4 2.8 quattro sport so why the hell do the think i would want or consider paying over 8 grand? lol im 40 not 4

and i cant believe there is 8 grand difference between cheapest and dearest , what planet are these companies on

LOL...

My cousin has just a little while ago sent me a screen shot of a quote he got earlier....

He is 25 with a 1.2 Clio with 5yrs NCB............£18,750!!!!!!

That is what is know as a F*** Off quote - they don't want your business - LOL

Mine went up £72 (18% increase) this year and I'm 46, so 3/4 hour on the phone (3 calls) and I got it down to a £10 increase (2.5% increase) with my current insurance broker by beating them up with cheaper quote that I'd got.

Paul

traders policy are an interesting insurance to have, i can get any car on a policy for £1100 per year and have my car included for it,

Whilst I'm sure it's great having a Trader's policy, I'm pretty sure with most cases that the car is only suppose to be insured whilst the vehicle is in use for work purposes, which includes commuting to work, and it doesn't cover for theft in most cases. At least that's what it said in the small print when I was on Trader's policy.

I think its time the government stepped in and stopped this **** take .It should never be allowed to be 37% increase in a year .
proffiteering has gotten out of hand in these times ...

My insurance also went up 30 quid this year despite two centuries of NCB's...well it seems like it.

I hear they are saying fraudulent claims are putting the prices up and insurance firms don't have to fight to beat quotes now.
I think it's more like the payment protection ruling on loans means that someone has to pay for all the those who are going to try and claim it back off insurance companies.

30 years old living in York with 10 years NCB. Mine went down £150ish from £500ish to £350ish.

It is alot to do with compensation culture and with the couple of bad weather blasts that we had, which saw a HUGE increase in car insurance claims...so they have to get their money back from somewhere hey....and guess where that is??

Thats right, our pockets!!!

the biggest thing that determins car insurance costs is your post code . try this for a pxss take i have been driving 25 years never made a claim i have no points my car is a 1.9 tdi a4 avant my renewal notice came at the begining of april . i kid you not it had risen by 48.7% from 500 to 739 for no other reason than my post code . the fact is insurance company investments have gone tits up since the problems in the banking / share market so they have to screw somebody and who better than the biggest bunch of mugs on the planet the great british driver. fuel. insurance. road tax. parking fines. speeding fines. and 20% vat on everything we by for them and 20% vat on repairs . what can we do about it pritty much nothing except moan on forums like this one . rant over