Any boiler experts out there??

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
I've been having problems with my combi boiler lately. It's a Biasi M110.32SM/E.
The central heating works fine with no problems at all, but the hot water is a bit temperamental.

In brief, sometimes when I turn on a hot water tap only cold water comes out. Or sometimes hot water comes out for a few seconds and then it starts to go cold, hot, cold hot, etc.

There is a group of three lights on the boiler.... the left one is marked 'I', the middle is 'II', and the right one is 'III'.
Usually when the hot water is working fine lights 'I' and 'III' flash green. But I've noticed that everytime the hot water stops working the middle light 'II' flashes red.

I've also noticed that when the middle light flashes red and the hot water stops working, if I turn the tap on to full or quickly switch the central heating on then the red light disappears and the water starts heating up again. This trick doesn't always work, but it does a lot of the time.

I'll be calling out a boiler engineer after the bank holiday but does anybody have any ideas of what the problem could be??

Cheers.

I'm by no means a boiler expert, but in our first house I had no end of problems with my 3way diverted valve. It basically is a switched solenoid type jobbie which is supposed to open when you put hot water tap on, and temporarily divert the heat from the radiators. Mine was always breaking, I think I replaced 3 in the end. Sounds similar problems too, especially if turning the heating on will warm the water, possible that the valve is locked open/ closed.

Just an idea based on my limited experience. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers mate. Been doing a bit of reading and seen diverter valves mentioned quite a bit by people with similiar problems.

When you had to have yours fixed was it expensive?

Cheers mate. Been doing a bit of reading and seen diverter valves mentioned quite a bit by people with similiar problems.

When you had to have yours fixed was it expensive?

No, but I was lucky and the first time my mate from work did it. And he showed me how to fix it for future as he knew it'd go again. Part was 60-70 trade price for mine (from what I remember).