BT Vision?

mikeyg

Reaction score
Has anyone got or had any experience of?

Im thinking of changing over to BT and getting rid of sky.

Mate I got rid of sky while back now, will never go back, useless cretin like company, will never pay them a penny more, however will still use the dish, box etc for free to air tv :p

I have the BT Vision kit to setup sitting next to me, got a great deal which was cheaper than what was paying & they said if I dont like then can get rid of, so far havnt used as normal tv is fine & been to busy, but will setup soon & if get chance report back mate.

TBH mate ask BT for a deal on trial.

Thanks for that, if i can trial it that sounds great!

Ive looked at prices and i would pay the same as i am for sky at the minute,still with sky sports 1/2 aswell, but i can get their new infinity broadband instead of my super slow sky! Just lose a few channels.

Im quite intigued as to what there on demand stuff contains and how good it is.

My wife was given the full package as part of her work benefits. We have the original box which I am waiting to go wrong so that I can replace it with a black unit. A couple of years ago I thought my luck was in, but the system only required a reboot. This did mean that we lost all our recordings, but other than that it's been fine since.

We haven't downloaded many movies because we have Lovefilm, but it works fine. The only downfall is if you want to watch a HD movie because you need to allow at least 5 hours depending on your broadband speed, so plan ahead.

I miss some of the sky programmes, but can't justify the cost, especially the extra £10 for HD which I think is taking the p*##.

I miss some of the sky programmes, but can't justify the cost, especially the extra £10 for HD which I think is taking the p*##.

Sky can kiss my left one, the cost was extortionate, CS was the worst, overcharging, list is endless, cant believe I didnt get rid of the ages before, realised we didnt need there services at all in our lives, we dont miss it at all & are £600 a year better of, will never go back now, content on other channels is free & picking up, so hope they rot in hell.

Well I have ordered it, and will have it on 6th may when my BT infinity fiber optic broadband is installed!

Sky tried offering me deals to keep me but no chance!

Infinity, damn you got that already, bar steward :p

Sky I reckon will make any deal they can to keep customers, online media is becoming more readily available by the second, tbh unless it was free from them now, I wouldnt go anywhere near them anymore.

I'm looking forward to infinity, it has only been here in the last few weeks. It has got to be so much faster than my super slow sky!

Yeah by all reports its supposed to be quick, but tbh mate I have 18meg now & it isnt that fast tbh, but its all down to all points in the chain, isp, website, website servers, router, pc/laptop, if one in the link is older or max'd then will slowdown everything else, all my side is the fastest available tbh & still wouldnt say the difference between 8meg before & 18meg now is minimal, but hey it as foc upgrade so who cares lol.

Kinda makes you sick when some other areas in the world are on a 100meg line lol.

I'm estimated to get about 3mb at the minute! So it better be a lot quicker! They estimate 31.7

I downloaded Inception last night because we have exhausted our Bluray collection and 3 minutes into the movie an error message occurred. I rewound the movie by about half a minute and after a minor wobble, it was fine.

Vision also has the bonus of BBC iPlayer on channel 990 not HD standards but pretty clear