The Budget

1p...

wooop-de-fricking-doo!!!

lol. Indeed. Bearing in mind fuel duty and vat have a minimal effect on the increasing fuel prices anyway it's little more than a gesture. A welcome one though.

But that 1p will be made up by increasing levies on North Sea oil companies. What's to stop them adding it to the pump price. We're no better off really, just an empty gesture to placate idiot voters...

And the £15 increase in my VED will cancel out the first 1500litres of fuel at the discounted price...

Cheers,

But that 1p will be made up by increasing levies on North Sea oil companies. What's to stop them adding it to the pump price. We're no better off really, just an empty gesture to placate idiot voters...
Any gesture would be empty short of a huge reduction which is pointless and impractical. George cant really do anything, price rises are governed by factors outside his control. Just take it as a gesture and move on I say.

Whats the point??

1 whole penny....really, is it worth it, its an insult thats what it is, does he really think he has done us a favour by knocking a penny off, what about the extra 30p that I and others are paying since this time last year????

1p not alot but its going to go up in april next year any way.
He held off the Inflation rise in fuel duty until 2012.
That would have put on about 4p or something.

So he saved us a penny and held off 4p till next year.
Its all a load of crap really.
The motorists will all ways get stung cause we are easy targets. Same goes for drinking and smoking.

It does appear he's trying to help out the small buinesses, first time home buyers and the unemployed but how it works out in the real world and not on paper is a different matter.

Fuel has been going up by 2-3p a week.

I have noticed all the forecourts increasing prices pre-budget, so now when they reduce the prices they are not really really reducing anything.

1p means nothing,the garages will still sneak the price up by another few pence, besides the prices vary so much from one petrol station to another that no one will even notice there saving anything, if at all.

Yes they could have done something and that would be to reduce the tax on fuel, that would easily have given us 10-15p off a litre, i still dont understand why we have to pay tax twice on fuel its f****g disgusting.

I think any positive move in fuel duty is a positive, how can it not be. It could be better I admit, but it's effectively a 6p cut in case given the rise that was planned next month that has also been cancelled, so what are people moaning about, the money has to come from somewhere to pay off our country's debts. If you don't like it or can't afford it then get a more fuel efficient car or cut down on driving, or take public transport.

For those that use public transport to get to work and have to put up with increases year on year, there is no such freeze or reduction of their fares, and probably have very little sympathy for increases for car commuters suffering fuel price increases.

Yes they could have done something and that would be to reduce the tax on fuel, that would easily have given us 10-15p off a litre..
Oh please, do you not think that if it was as easy as reducing duty by said amount they would grasp their opportunity to steal the headlines and appease public frustrations?

The simple fact is that they cannot. Such a cut would either have a significant, undesirable effect on public spending or the shortfall would need to be covered elsewhere.

So you think the fact that we are paying 80p on every liter fuel in tax is acceptible (give or take a couple of pence due to the ever growing fuel prices) and dropping 10p would cause undesirable effect on public spending?
Like what?
The tax on fuel is for the roads which they are obviously not spending it on.

Fuel prices have been going up almost non-stop for the last 6months (or something like that) for us where other countries have lowered their prices, stayed the same or had a small increase.
Our goverment are just a bunch of greedy silver spoon fed twats, with no idea or at least very little what the fuel prices is happening to us.
If they do know they obviusly dont give a ****.

I can't see this web site at work so not 100% sure whats on it but keeps coming up when searching for fuel prices
http://ukfuelprice.appspot.com/

So you think the fact that we are paying 80p on every liter fuel in tax is acceptible (give or take a couple of pence due to the ever growing fuel prices) and dropping 10p would cause undesirable effect on public spending?
Like what?
The tax on fuel is for the roads which they are obviously not spending it on.

Fuel prices have been going up almost non-stop for the last 6months (or something like that) for us where other countries have lowered their prices, stayed the same or had a small increase.
Our goverment are just a bunch of greedy silver spoon fed twats, with no idea or at least very little what the fuel prices is happening to us.
If they do know they obviusly dont give a ****.

I can't see this web site at work so not 100% sure whats on it but keeps coming up when searching for fuel prices
http://ukfuelprice.appspot.com/

Agree. Totally.

It's all a big bunch of **** frankly.

No problem if you are a minister of course, bags of cash, and claims you fuel on expenses though...

Its an insult really. I'd expect a very good transport system for the road tax and fuel duty tax and then value added tax ontop of that but as it isnt...infact saying it isnt is also an insult its worse...its utterly terrible.

Id be happy to pay what Im paying if I ever saw a return, such as in the quality of roads etc.