I think I want a car I dont care about !

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
The last few cars i have had, present one included, I have become almost obsessive about looking after them. I have decided its not healthy and takes too much time. I am at work 6 days a week, well 5 and a half really so spare time isnt that much. Now how am i going to break the habit and find something I dont give a **** about? If I go for something older or tattier then I will just see it as more of a challenge:mad:
I dont want an old banger that i cant rely on or spend my time chasing rusty panels.
I dont want to think about where i park or how close people park to me or kids playing round the car, or having to keep it clean etc etc
Surely you like minded guys and gals have found a solution to this......or maybe there isnt a solution, just have a scratched up, reliable motor and just jump in and drive, sounds like freedom to me !!!!

You need a Mk3 Golf 1.4 then, too slow for you to get excited about to drive it, and too dull for you to care about it, plus it will keep going with rusty panels all over. If you want to stretch it a bit, a B5 Passat is indestructable, my one has 170k miles, and I just pay 3 quid for the local carwash guys to clean it! Still looks great!!

problem is I had a B5 passat that I went to town on, I love them ! Even you just mentioning it I could go for an estate in brown or gold ...lovely ! See, I dont think i can do it !!!

problem is I had a B5 passat that I went to town on, I love them ! Even you just mentioning it I could go for an estate in brown or gold ...lovely ! See, I dont think i can do it !!!

I've had mine for 10 years, did the second cambelt on it last year, most reliable car I've ever owned!

phassat2.jpg

Joe are those wheels for real?! They look mighty photoshopped!

I'm not bothered what car I have, I still care about it just as much as I would a brand new McLaren. You're either the kind of person that cares about looking after stuff, or you're not.

Last edited:
Haha they look more real there!

I'm not bothered what car I have, I still care about it just as much as I would a brand new McLaren. You're either the kind of person that cares about looking after stuff, or you're not.

100% agree.

You're doomed ;)

The last few cars i have had, present one included, I have become almost obsessive about looking after them. I have decided its not healthy and takes too much time. I am at work 6 days a week, well 5 and a half really so spare time isnt that much. Now how am i going to break the habit and find something I dont give a **** about? If I go for something older or tattier then I will just see it as more of a challenge:mad:
I dont want an old banger that i cant rely on or spend my time chasing rusty panels.
I dont want to think about where i park or how close people park to me or kids playing round the car, or having to keep it clean etc etc
Surely you like minded guys and gals have found a solution to this......or maybe there isnt a solution, just have a scratched up, reliable motor and just jump in and drive, sounds like freedom to me !!!!

Well I can relate to this.

I get so much more pleasure out of the XJR and the Fiesta than I do the Audi, particularly when it comes to cleaning and polishing it, I find more pleasure in bringing an older car back to pristine than I do a new car as there is no challenge in that.

I use my track car as my don't care car. Mechnically the Cordoba is spot on, but bodywork and interior are past their best so not worth panicking over.

It's nice to have something I can just chuck stuff for the tip into without getting paranoid, or to be able to park in that tight space between the people carrier and 4x4 in the supermarket carpark.

Get an old land rover, anything that hits it is likely to come off worse.

well I can relate to you. But as mines going in a container for 8 weeks ive just bought a cheap run around! A 1999 Daewoo Nubira estate!!! well, bless it, its cheap, diesel and well........ a stop gap. Roll on 8 weeks!!!!

Joe, well I didnt know you had that car too. You have a few! I'm liking that very much!