AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Audi A-Trizzle!

Status

Conspiracy - China Preparing for nuclear war?

Hmm What you make of this peeps? be good to hear opinions?

Are china preparing for nuclear war? or was it a big **** up by investors?

As someone said in the comments, What would be the point in bombing these empty cities if there was no-one there? Hence they can gradually fill them with survivors after it.

Ghost towns of China: Satellite images show cities lying completely deserted | Mail Online

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

2. # ADS
    ADS

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    Lol at the daily mail, the world will end tomorrow! I reckon they're just preparing, the horny barstewards!

Perfect place for some racing if you ask me, proper street circuit between sky scrapers, who needs Bahrain anyway?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I think I can see my flat in one of the pics!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    the racing would be sick around there lol. although if u have an accident ur screwed. there would be nobody in the hospital to help u

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

5th Gear

Status
    well i can think of a few thousand homeless japanese people that could do with a home now...... maybe as neighoubours they should offer them

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    well dave, you could well be right mate, With all that is going on around us, why would they build all them homes with nobody to go in them, who are they waiting for?

Administrator

Status
    It was said above 'LOL at the Daily Mail'. That's a pretty neat way of putting it.

There are a whole big pile of reasons why the Daily Mail sits firmly on my list of depressingly dependable ****rags, I could give you one of my 1,000 word epics just on that, but instead I'll just say that in my humble opinion its diatribe is inaccurate, insulting, obstinate, offensive, dogmatic, fractious, xenophobic, intolerant, and bigoted. That's my own personal view on its overall output, not that of Audi-Sport.net or any of its partners; and of course you're more than welcome to form your own.

As regards the linked 'story' - given that there is absolutely sod all information contained in the text of any use in deducing what the hell is going on; there's absolutely no chance of drawing anything remotely close to a sound conclusion. It's just the Daily Mail 'throwing something out there' with some not particularly imaganitve use of emotive or inflammatory language thrown in to in no way guide you to their 'the end is nigh' point of view. I don't understand where this talk of preparing for nuclear war came from - I'm praying it's a suggestion by one of the morons leaving their own special brand of inane cod**** in the comments (they're even worse than the lunatics on cricinfo (and perhaps even here ) - and not speculation by the OP (that really would be disappointing).

I know this post seemed like a little explosion, but it's amazing I didn't lock and delete the thread, and turn the forum off for a couple of days just to re-group. I'm not going to say quoting or linking the Daily Mail is banned; just guys, please - only do it if there's definite journalistic value in the piece (read: I don't expect to see that any time soon).

I honestly understand that 'to each their own' applies; but I plead to you, nay beg, read and think carefully; I bet you'll see it - there really are far more credible sources of insight into the events and issues facing the world (for example the list of ingredients on a bottle of water )...

</rant over>

R
    Last edited by FactionOne; 16th March 2011 at 03:07.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

Status
    I'm always surprised by how much free reign the media have to pitch stories in a way that suits their own ends (selling copy) rather than actually providing objective media coverage.

We have the ASA (Advertising Standards) to protect us from false advertising, but largely the papers get to pitch their own political and cultural agendas under the belief that the reader will be able to pick the wheat from the chaff in terms of content. My worry is that all too often people believe if it's on telly or in print IT MUST BE TRUE!

My person opinion on this is the China have recently held Olympic games in Beijing, and despite a few questionable decisions on their behalf with respect to how they moved people from Olympic sites (etc.), it was a sign that they were opening what had been very closed doors to the West which unless I'm blind and deluded is not a catalyst for nuclear war.

During a period of extended growth they have acquired cash reserves from in many cases doing work that other countries have been happy to offload (taking other peoples waste and turning it into something useful, or 'managing it'), and from what I can see they've now made huge capital investment in a 'developed world' style infrastructure. The middle East has been doing the same for years and no one has batted an eyelid as they don't live under a cloak of secrecy like China appears to.

China has over a billion people, and much of that population will eventually need to transition from 'village dwelling' into a more modern style of living if China has aspirations of being a genuine long term protagonist as a global super power. The problem with any of this kind of growth is when it is identified on such an incomprehensible scale, distrust sets in.

Anyone who thinks these places have been built as part of a nuclear masterplan either misunderstands the fundamentals of war, or the effect of nuclear fallout.

Missiles go in 2 directions during a war, so why would China take the effort to build all this knowing it would be flattened (and then have to be rebuilt) if they emerged as victors of any upcoming international conflict? Why go to the effort, and not just erect cardboard cut outs if it's just for show?!!!

I'll ignore the fact that in the case of widescale nuclear war vast swages of the world would be uninhabitable anyway.

With issues like Japsn on the worlds radar, and a likely nuclear issue that brings, and the papers come up with **** like this. It's just tragic.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 205man View Post
    well i can think of a few thousand homeless japanese people that could do with a home now...... maybe as neighoubours they should offer them
    Easier said than done my friend. If you know anything about the history between Japan and China, then it would become very clear as to why China would not offer help on that level, and even if they did, Japan would not accept it!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

6th Gear

Status
    Those images are amazing.

Imagine going to work in that government building everyday and being the only few cars on the road in a huge empty city, would be like 28 days later.

I dont think it has anything to do with nuclear war, more than likly due to the massive increase in the population over the new few years, im sure they will be occupied soon.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    There are benefits to having a look at this story, this article was one of the ones down the side
    Emma Watson has her sights on megastardom | Mail Online
    the words 'All night long' spring to mind

(ignore the boring text)

Neutral

Status
    There's no conspiracy here. After what they've achieved in the last couple of decades, do you really think they're stupid enough to think that what they have build would survive a nuclear holocaust in order house their people afterwards? Come on!
    It's just good planning. People in remote villages will no longer be able to stay due to water/food shortage.

The article mentions Ordos city, so from China daily "Kangbashi is the result of ambitious plans to create a glitzy, state-of-the-art commercial and residential zone launched by the city of Ordos in 2004.

Ordos is a prosperous mining city of about 1.6 million people, where per capita GDP - about 145,000 yuan ($21,200) - is already higher than the mainland average and is expected to surpass Hong Kong's by 2014, according to Lian Ji, the region's vice-chairman.

With the expansion of the desert and the increasing scarcity of water in recent decades, however, officials decided to relocate the city's government seat, and most of its residents, to Kangbashi, whose land was then occupied by two villages beside three reservoirs."

So the reasoning isn't any salacious, it's life preservation.