EM TuningChris Nott

View Poll Results: Will Arsenal win any silverwear this season?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • FA Cup & Premier League

0 0%
  • Premier League

3 15.79%
  • FA Cup

1 5.26%
  • Nothing/Nada/Zilch

15 78.95%

Thread: Gunners

S3 Drift King!

Status

Exclamation Gunners

Are Arsenal going to win anything this season?

Lost to Birmingham City in the Carling 'Mickey Mouse' Cup! LOL.

Lost to Barca Yesterday at the Nou Camp, not the best venue for visiting football teams, and not helped by a really poor refereeing decision of sending Van Percie off for taking a shot on goal! but Barca was a different class anyways, so maybe it wasn't meant to be?

They have Man United next in the FA Cup, and only 3 points behind them in the premier league with a game in hand!

Thoughts?

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    nothing mate. Theyve flopped as usual at the end of the season.

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

4th Gear

Status
    Arsenal to win nothing. The sending off was shocking, but I still feel that barca would have won the game. They were far better and when arsenal did get the ball they soon lost it.

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Arsenal did not have 1 attept at goal. And this is Arsenal we are talking about. They got absolutely outplayed and did not deserve to go through anyways..Barca were amazing. Although Bendtner should of won it for them with their only chance. Arsenal to win....Nothing.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I'd personally like to see them win the Premier League, at the expense of Man United, but so long as chelski or Many city don't win the Premier League, I'm happy!

FA Cup, if they beat Man United, they will probably lose to the next team in the comp.

4th Gear

Status
    All I care about is spurs beating Milan night, and arsenal not winning the league!

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I'd personally like to see them win the Premier League, at the expense of Man United, but so long as chelski or Many city don't win the Premier League, I'm happy!

FA Cup, if they beat Man United, they will probably lose to the next team in the comp.
    surely ud rather see chelsea win over any of the mancs?

Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.

Status
    shocking refereeing

6th Gear

Status
    The opta stats said that arsenal only had 2 touches in Barca's penalty box all game, and that Barca had more shots at their own goal then Arsenal did. I like Arsenal, and as an LFC fan, I hope Chelsea and Manc Utd win nothing all year

Status
    Barca had 13 on their side

4th Gear

Status
    Barca also had 11 players of much higher quality! I think that helped a lot. Although I can't comment on their keeper as he had nothing to do.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    surely ud rather see chelsea win over any of the mancs?
    Not really, I think Man United win things on merit, even though the club's millions in debt. Chelsea and Man City are buying the Premier League with their wealthy owners. I'd just like to see Arsenal lift the cup, as I appreciate them as a footballing side, wouldn't even mind Spurs lifting the Cup neither, but I think it's out of their reach now...

4th Gear

Status
    Well can I just say, come on you spurs!

S3 Drift King!

Status

4th Gear

Status
    I bet they will be really proud of that achievment!

1st Gear

Status
    Not really, I think Man United win things on merit, even though the club's millions in debt. Chelsea and Man City are buying the Premier League with their wealthy owners. I'd just like to see Arsenal lift the cup, as I appreciate them as a footballing side, wouldn't even mind Spurs lifting the Cup neither, but I think it's out of their reach now...
    I'm a United fan but I can see things going Arsenal's way in the Premier League. We have not been playing well all season but have had a good defensive record. Our weakness has been shown in the two losses to Chelsea and Liverpool. There's hope for you yet!

United are millions in debt which really pees me off because we weren't before the yanks came along and borrowed shed loads to buy us. Before, we were a successful plc paying our own way and now we still make decent profits but it all goes on interest! How the hell does that work? Can I borrow several hundred million with United as the security and buy them myself?

JNP
    1st Gear

Status
    I'm a Gooner and I saw they were 10-1 to not win any silverware this season and nearly put some money on it!

Given that was before the CC Final but being an Arsenal fan I have seen us choke on the big occasion many times before.

I think the FA cup tie at Old Trafford could decide both who goes on to win that and the league because of the confidence it will bring to either team.
    S3 8L AMK 51' - V3 Badger TIP - Jetex Cone w/ Heatshield - Forge FMDV008 - DS2500 Front Pads - 312/256 Discs - HR Sportkit

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    your forgetting that man united have bought the league in the past

Rio 29mil Berbatov 30m even back in 2000/2001 they spent 30mil on veron and 30m on van nistelrooy

then even if u go back to early years whilst not in todays inflation prices but they still bought the league. robson, hughes, pallister, ince, keane, cole, stam, yorke in todays market they would all be in excess of 20m.

6th Gear

Status
    Van nistelrooy was actually about 14m because he was injured at the time of purchase.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    it was 19mil mate just checked which was a massive figure 10 years ago. thought it was 30 but point remains. Rooney for 25mil cant believe i forgot that one lol. but yeh

6th Gear

Status
    lol fair enough.

Thing is united may have bought expensive players but usually its been one or two at a time. Not like Chelsea/Man city who buy say 3, 4, 5 at a time thinking it`ll win them everything. Its usually Man utd that you see trying to sign random 16-19yr olds that you`ve probably never heard of. Once thats broken into common knowledge then you`ll see other clubs trying to get them too. Sure other clubs do a similar thing at times but not half asmuch.

If anyone other than unitied win the league i`d want it to be spurs because man city, chelsea and arsenal can go die

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    your forgetting that man united have bought the league in the past

Rio 29mil Berbatov 30m even back in 2000/2001 they spent 30mil on veron and 30m on van nistelrooy

then even if u go back to early years whilst not in todays inflation prices but they still bought the league. robson, hughes, pallister, ince, keane, cole, stam, yorke in todays market they would all be in excess of 20m.
    I never said Man United didn't buy the league, I'm saying teams like Chelsea and Man City are buying the league by way of their wealthy owners, where as Man United do it with their own bankroll. Where would Chelsea and Man City be today without their wealthy owners, who knows?

6th Gear

Status
    Mid table which would be nice lol.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Mid table which would be nice lol.
    lol couldn't agree more !!!

Born to Fish

Status
    Are Arsenal going to win anything this season?

Lost to Birmingham City in the Carling 'Mickey Mouse' Cup! LOL.

Lost to Barca Yesterday at the Nou Camp, not the best venue for visiting football teams, and not helped by a really poor refereeing decision of sending Van Percie off for taking a shot on goal! but Barca was a different class anyways, so maybe it wasn't meant to be?

They have Man United next in the FA Cup, and only 3 points behind them in the premier league with a game in hand!

Thoughts?
    They are not in the FA Cup no more after tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tee hee tee hee
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFSI View Post
    They are not in the FA Cup no more after tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tee hee tee hee
    Pfffft

S3 Drift King!

Status
    3 down, 1 to go! lol

Yeee-haw
    Jason's Pong Champion

Status
    Good ole Arsene is possibly even more stubborn than the purple-nosed shop steward turned capitalist at Man U. It's the same every season, yet he refuses to go into the transfer market.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Mike View Post
    Good ole Arsene is possibly even more stubborn than the purple-nosed shop steward turned capitalist at Man U. It's the same every season, yet he refuses to go into the transfer market.
    Considering the state of Arsenal football club as a business, the mans doing a fantastic job!

Yeee-haw
    Jason's Pong Champion

Status
    Considering the state of Arsenal football club as a business, the mans doing a fantastic job!
    Even that isn't quite all it seems - they have made serious money from selling the Highbury flats. Property deals, coupled with the Emirates income, has been what has really made the difference. Arsenal also have the highest priced season ticket, and when VAT went to 20% they had some match tickets that broke the 100 GBP barrier for the seat only. They don't have any more grounds to sell, so that won't help much more in the future.

2nd Gear

Status
    Arsene's job is to manage the team. Not make the club profitable.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Looks like the Wenger boys are having a bad month!

Audi TDI Power!

Status
    If they had a decent keeper and defence then they probably would, but since they don't I very much doubt it!

Audi A3 Ibis White Black Edition 2.0TDI
    Stage 1 - 180bhp
    / 300lbft torque | iPod Connection | Phone Prep/Bluetooth | Cruise Control | Exclusive Line Nappa Leather | Model de-badge

ABT Tuning | Audi Driver Magazine |Shell V Power | Revolution247.com | Audi-Sport.net
    Progress Thread: Click here for more photos!