laser jammers/door openers

I love those reports, how can they all be "the first person in Britain to be arrested". And also "The car had been recorded speeding on sixteen different occasions around Northamptonshire and the Buckinghamshire area."
Er, no it hadn't as they couldn't get a reading, so how did they know it was "speeding".
This f*cking country has seriously lost it big time. Even the DoT with their inflated figures reckon speeding is only a factor in 28% of road deaths. Now if you take that as the other 72% of road deaths are caused by driver error, surely driver error could also be the main reason the 28% died as well.
When they've finished with big brother and have SPECs camera's on every road in the UK, so they know where everyone is at anytime, and noone can speed because their car is controlled by satellites and we still have as many deaths on the road (probably more) what are they gonna attribute it to? Maybe the fact that most drivers are totally incompetant, have no concept of what is going on around them and put no thought into driving when they get behind the wheel. Fat chance.
When are they gonna actually do something to the idiots having all the accidents? You never hear any propaganda directed at them. I bet all the people with the laser jammers have never been in an accident, oh but they are the dangerous drivers. In the last 10 years of driving, I've accumulated over 30 points for speeding, and been banned for a year for totting up (all motorway speeding). I am public enemy number one, forget the paedophiles, rapists, muggers & murderers, they're a little bit too hard to catch.
In all that time of consistent "dangerous driving" I've never had an accident, or never even had a close call (well maybe one or two semi close ones).
You figure it out.....

Those 2 reports from Northamptonshire and South Wales are suspiciously identical.
"In the Northamptonshire Police force area there are 39 static speed camera sites and 41 traffic signal sites.
An additional 103 mobile sites with 11 mobile units are also used to catch speeding motorists."
"In the South Wales Police force area there are 33 static speed camera sites and 41 traffic signal sites. An additional 103 mobile sites with 11 mobile units are also used to catch speeding motorists."
Methinks UKSpeedtraps.co.uk has been nobbled and is not quite as "independent" as it claims.

I think I'd have been a little bit more careful than Mr BMW with his tally of 16 laser jams in Northants & Bucks. He was seriously taking the p*ss.

i agree with you AndyMac. Fact is thought, they're not going to stop persuing motorists speeding as it obviously makes them money, so we've just got to live with it.

I wondered why the 2 reports were identical as well!

I don't understand how you could be more careful. Surely the whole point of a jammer is it goes off when it detects a laser without any question. So if you're driving around then you go through a few traps which you jam, would you then think to remove it in case you get caught? how could you use it all the time?

i've thought of a good but rather BIG BROTHER idea of stopping drink drivers. A lot of drink drivers at pubs, so ... if you use their car park you have to hand in keys at bar and then pass a breath test before they give you them back. could be someone on the car park watching out who's parking.

prob bit of a impractical idea, but my point is agreeing that speeding motorists aren't the criminals.

What I mean is that this guy was seriously taking the p*ss, i.e. deliberately driving through laser traps repeatedly to shove 2 fingers up at the local cops. Not clever.
Gives us legitimate speeders a bad name.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
...Gives us legitimate speeders a bad name.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I like it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif