3 Child seats in a row?

russgt

Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has succesfully mounted 3 child/baby seats in the back seat of there Audi?
They dont fit in my A4, was thinking A6 or A8 maybe more room. In my A4 it leaves a space in the middle of approx 8 inches :(

You can buy a triple child seat thing that will fit in your A4, I don't think they come cheap though, it's like a one piece bench thing that you strap down with the cars fixings, and has 3 child seats! Cheaper than swopping cars thought....

Forgot what they are called.

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has succesfully mounted 3 child/baby seats in the back seat of there Audi?
They dont fit in my A4, was thinking A6 or A8 maybe more room. In my A4 it leaves a space in the middle of approx 8 inches :(

My brother in law has an Octavia so similar size to an a4. He fits his three kids in the back (all under 5yrs old), the older ones are in those booster jobbies. It's impressive watching him doing it, as it's a technique to get them in but you can do it.

Thanks, trouble is we already have a 2yr old and twins on the way, we also already have a twin pushchiar/child seat combo, dont mind swapping cars though.

We've got an A6 Avant S-Line and you won't get three child seats in the back of one of those. Three booster seats will fit, but not full child seats.

There's not many cars that will fit 3 child seats across the back - Picasso and that 6 seat Honda thing spring to mind as possibles as they have 3 proper seats across the rear bench.

Thanks, trouble is we already have a 2yr old and twins on the way, we also already have a twin pushchiar/child seat combo, dont mind swapping cars though.

Yeah you'd probably struggle with that then :(

Hope you find a decent solution.

You can buy a triple child seat thing that will fit in your A4, I don't think they come cheap though, it's like a one piece bench thing that you strap down with the cars fixings, and has 3 child seats! Cheaper than swopping cars thought....

Forgot what they are called.

Jojo's right - IIRC it was mentioned in Evo last Year when one of the long termers needed to fit all his kids in. Not relevant to me, but I vaguely remember it - some English guy was making them. They were ££s but fitted into cars that otherwise only fitted 2 child seats.

Might be one of these? 3 Child Car Seat - Child Car Seats

Jojo's right - IIRC it was mentioned in Evo last Year when one of the long termers needed to fit all his kids in. Not relevant to me, but I vaguely remember it - some English guy was making them. They were ££s but fitted into cars that otherwise only fitted 2 child seats.

Might be one of these? 3 Child Car Seat - Child Car Seats

^^That's the one!

When we have three kids in the car (5year old, his friend and our 2 year old) we stick the eldest in the front, then my wife sits in the middle in the back. It's not that comfortable, but it works. The problem is, you are going to have two baby seats which takes up more room.

The only other option is a glorified bus!