ASN's Pub

Doing any thing big to your kitchen?
We want to knock a wall down in ours and make a kitchen/dinner.

I like fitting kitchens. Always enjoyed it.

Westy, what's happening with your car?
Any luck on the diesel?

Doing any thing big to your kitchen?
We want to knock a wall down in ours and make a kitchen/dinner.

I like fitting kitchens. Always enjoyed it.

Westy, what's happening with your car?
Any luck on the diesel?

I'm going to get the MOT done in February and get 6 months tax then I'm taking to a man about a car. I've applied for another local job, which if I get will change my need for a derv. Watch this space...

Reactions: Nicki
Good luck Fred!

Scott, it's a full kitchen out job. Will be lowering the ceiling, moving sink and replastering everywhere. Should be a fun one. Gonna get the wife and kids to move out for a week or two so I can properly do it without being rushed.

Reactions: Nilz and s3dave
Morning all :)

I spent all day yesterday looking into kitchens too!!

We are looking to get a kitchen/diner done too, need to get a wall knocked through and a couple of doors/windows blocked up, so we can make the most of the space we have.

Got some decent quotes on kitchens as well, so it looks like it maybe happening, just need to check everything is in order, before we go ahead.

Scott, fancy fitting my kitchen for me?? :)

Nilz, if I still had my tools and the template for the work top I could be tempted. :)

Shame to block up windows.
Knocking a wall down to make one big kitchen dinner seems a way better idea than having a small kitchen and a nice size dinner.

Crazy, that makes sense.
You move the bath room up stairs I take it.

Reactions: Nilz
No Scott they were next to each other, but two separate rooms. So we knocked it into 1 big room. The upside is that I can now poo while watching the wife shower. I love it, she hates it. Win/Win.

Reactions: CHEZ, Gops and ScottD3
Just took a work colleague out for a spin. He drives an E46 M3 and has no concept of grip. He screamed like a little girl as I was sliding the S round a roundabout at 50mph on greasy Tarmac. By the time he got out my car he didn't know whether to jizz or poo himself. Off to the toilet for a clean up whatever the outcome :thumbsup:

Reactions: Nicki, superkarl, Gops and 2 others
I just poo when she's in the shower. Best is to poo on her, if your into that stuff..

Reactions: crazy88
Morning all. Loving the S3 again after driving it yesterday and this morning. Overtaking is effortless on my commute compared to that ****** Vauxhall.

Had a little blast with a 2.0 TDI A3 last night and then tried to have a go at destroying a work colleagues mk7 golf GTI this morning but there was too much traffic. I've got 70bhp more then him so shouldn't be difficult ;)

Checked the meth tank this morning and it's going down fairly fast lol.

Morning all, what a miserable morning it is out there hey!!!

only a day left westy and you'll be back in the Corsa.
So enjoy it while you can.

Nilz, no idea mate. it was dark when I got in to work.
All I know is it was dark and cold.

Morning all!!

After today 2 working days left!! Then im offffffffff!!

Weather is shocking today and there seemed to be traffic everywhere heading into the city centre!!

Cool, cheers Scott!

I'm not considering doing it, just intrigued. I now want to know more, so will Google it later though! :)

Cool, cheers Scott!

I'm not considering doing it, just intrigued. I now want to know more, so will Google it later though! :)
get a kit and we will fit it in the summer, mrs wont know what the **** it is....washer bottle for the back window....;)
I get 25 litres for £12...:arco: so about 40p a tank...

Reactions: crazy88 and Westy
Did somebody say flames? :wub:

So, for arguments sake, if I fitted this to my 1.8T (which has been remapped already), would it need a further remap, or is it something that I could just enjoy the benefits of if/ when I use it?

Cost of a tank of meth?

I'll check the rest of the forum in a bit, but for now it's easier getting info from you two rather than enter the cockfighting arena of the 8L section.

Just seen your reply dave, so editing this...

get a kit and we will fit it in the summer, mrs wont know what the **** it is....washer bottle for the back window....;)

HELL YES!!!! I need to swing by sometime to see you and say hello. I drive past your work so often.

I might look into it, and she never drives my car anyway, so pfft. She can do one!

Reactions: Westy and s3dave
Hmmm, this is sounding even more expensive now! :moa:

I shall enquire some more. I don't know whether I can be bothered with a tweaked map. It works now, and it's fun. If I start modding I might as well go full hog rather than just little bits here and there.

I am surprised by how hot the engine gets on this car. When I open the bonnet it feels like my face is going to melt off. Do diesels naturally run cooler?

It will of it's not diluted. Biggest worry is it eating the throttle body electronics. Welly, Stacey, and others have all been through a couple of TBs but then again they were squirting a lot of meth in!

why are they using meth straight,as it essentially becomes additional fuel and that needs to be taken into account when mapping the engine.
Also,the maximum benefit in terms of cooling,and octane rating is at around 50% mix.

I'm not sure about the 8L throttle body,but the 8P has a theoretical problem with meth attacking and rendering the ABS throttle butterfly brittle.
Now I've seen a couple of these,but my own,which has been running WMI for 3yrs has not had any issues,aside from the TB itself failing on an electronic issue.
There was no meth leakage etc inside the TB electronics and motor by the way.

Only one issue with mapping specifically for WMI is if you run out!

Most of us in the 8P section don't specifically advance timing for WMI,but just benefit from the extra margins.

why are they using meth straight,as it essentially becomes additional fuel and that needs to be taken into account when mapping the engine.
Also,the maximum benefit in terms of cooling,and octane rating is at around 50% mix.

I'm not sure about the 8L throttle body,but the 8P has a theoretical problem with meth attacking and rendering the ABS throttle butterfly brittle.
Now I've seen a couple of these,but my own,which has been running WMI for 3yrs has not had any issues,aside from the TB itself failing on an electronic issue.
There was no meth leakage etc inside the TB electronics and motor by the way.

Only one issue with mapping specifically for WMI is if you run out!

Most of us in the 8P section don't specifically advance timing for WMI,but just benefit from the extra margins.

A lot of guys on the 8l boards have experimented with different strength mixtures of WMI.

I know of a handful of meth users (sounds a bit druggy) who have had TB failures where the meth has got onto the PCB part.

My map is supposed to adjust its timing depending on what AITs the ECU sees so if it's a hot day and I was to run out of meth it would pull all the timing out to protect the engine.

My stupid other half was putting 95 RON fuel in my car recently (as it was cheaper) and the car behaved like a dog and you could feel the performance was heavily reduced. VCDS also showed a load of errors regarding misfires which all cleared once I'd put VPower back in and slapped the mrs ;)

Reactions: limbo118118, crazy88 and S3Alex
A lot of guys on the 8l boards have experimented with different strength mixtures of WMI.

I know of a handful of meth users (sounds a bit druggy) who have had TB failures where the meth has got onto the PCB part.

My map is supposed to adjust its timing depending on what AITs the ECU sees so if it's a hot day and I was to run out of meth it would pull all the timing out to protect the engine.

My stupid other half was putting 95 RON fuel in my car recently (as it was cheaper) and the car behaved like a dog and you could feel the performance was heavily reduced. VCDS also showed a load of errors regarding misfires which all cleared once I'd put VPower back in and slapped the mrs ;)

I like the meth usage part!

I run a maximum of 50% on mine,or water only if meth is hard to come by(if my "dealer" is short on stocks...LOL),and whilst it's always been tempting to push the timing a bit,I've always steered clear of it and relied only on the cooling and RON-raising properties to allow me to run 2bar reliably and safely.

I know that on intake temps alone,mine never goes especially high but the ProAlloy intercooler had a major effect on that compared to the stock item,even before WMI came along.

Most of the system manufacturers such as AEM and Aquamist strongly recommend not going above 50% not only due to fire hazards,but also decreasing benefits above that concentration.
The gains seen in a few tests between 50% and 75% methanol were pretty small percentage wise,and the chargecooling effect of water/meth mixes up to 50% is greater than with meth alone.

My other half thankfully doesn't like the car and wouldn't ever drive it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Westy