ASN's Pub

Ah I keep thinking about joining the gym alex but just can't seem to decide wether to do that or go swimming

Word up homes!

I hate January. Back on the job hunt, back on the weights, and off the booze. Nearly cracked last night though and did a bottle of wine!

Had 2 new tyres fitted to the S3 and sold the van. I'm hoping my mates 2.0 TDI Seat Leon will be available soon.

Also about to embark on the last bit of decorating in the house, can't wait for it to be done.

Word up homes!

I hate January. Back on the job hunt, back on the weights, and off the booze. Nearly cracked last night though and did a bottle of wine!

Had 2 new tyres fitted to the S3 and sold the van. I'm hoping my mates 2.0 TDI Seat Leon will be available soon.

Also about to embark on the last bit of decorating in the house, can't wait for it to be done.

Ah nice! I do like the leons. Why you sell the van? Preferred the car?

And yeah, it's always nice to see the end of decorating.

I've just got back in the weights too. 3-4 weeks off the gym whilst I couldn't walk.
money I had saves for an in car camera system has just been spent on bedroom furniture, managed to get the decorating finished in November though, only took 3 years to finish lol

Ah nice! I do like the leons. Why you sell the van? Preferred the car?

And yeah, it's always nice to see the end of decorating.

I attempted to remove the gearbox over Xmas and had a mare with the lower suspension so gave up. I then had a knock on the door a week later from a bloke who wanted to buy it. He gave me a decent offer so I took it.

My mates Leon is ok and ha recently had a new turbo and new clutch and flywheel so I know it'll last a while.

I've just got back in the weights too. 3-4 weeks off the gym whilst I couldn't walk.
money I had saves for an in car camera system has just been spent on bedroom furniture, managed to get the decorating finished in November though, only took 3 years to finish lol

The money from the van will pay for the hall, stairway, and landing to be done and that the whole house done (except kitchen) in under 2 years. We'll deal with the kitchen in 1 big go in a few years when it really needs doing.

All is good thanks Karlos. To be honest I needed a bit of a break from forums and "the chat room" and needed to knuckle down with work. Things are really busy at the moment too which is good.

How's you?
exactly the same with me mate, rarely on here, only a quick mooch before bed. Hardly talk to these faggots either. Seems everyones becoming busier and concentrating on other things than our pos cars.

Reactions: Westy
Yup same here Fred, Karl, I'm not on either anywhere near as much as I used to be. I'm sorting bits on my house and now need a new fridge freezer as mine died, and gave me a mini swimming pool in my kitchen. I just bought some suspension for the ess and some aero front wipers but when I get round to fitting those is anyone's guess lol. It's too cold to work on the car and January blues are here, as work is really busy I hardly have time to concentrate on anything else.

Today I jizzed allover my car, it was fun.

20140118_134306_zpsmbatbmtx.jpg

is this the wifes parking?
why have you parked up/on/over a kerb?
no wonder your rims get dinged!

I'm not quite sure how driving forwards up a kerb dings alloys... :moa:

It's on our back street, and it's only thin, so I have to plonk it there for the hose to reach and still let cars pass.

Evening mofos! :laugh:

Not been to the pictures in a while, but managed to go watch The Wolf of Wallstreet last night(other half's a DiCaprio fan), it a long one though, 3hrs long! But it's a good watch, lots of laffs, if you like drug, then it's for you, if you like boobs, then its for you.

Margot Robbie has a fine body! :hubbahubba:

Thought I'd share! :)

Reactions: Lavis89 and Westy

Not been to the pictures in a while, but managed to go watch The Wolf of Wallstreet last night(other half's a DiCaprio fan), it a long one though, 3hrs long! But it's a good watch, lots of laffs, if you like drug, then it's for you, if you like boobs, then its for you.

I can't wait to see this. I don't go to the cinema much either, a mate at work tends to download everything as soon as its hit DVD in the USA and he can get a decent copy.

I watched rush and captain Philips this weekend. Both really good films.

On a seperate note, I'm really struggling with the dry January. Went out for a thai meal last nights and nearly ordered a Stella but managed to hold it together and order a J2O.

I saw it last night too. What a film! so entertaining right the way through. He's such a legend. Both Dicaprio and Jordan

I've seen the trailer, it looks a great film. But no doubt I'll have to wait for it on dvd as cinema is also a rarity for me too. :(

Defo want to watch the Wolf of Wall Street, watched 12 years a slave last week and that was emotional!!

A very good and intersting film.

Blue monday sounds a whole lot better if you take it in an adult entertainment context.

Has Scott got no internet? I suspect his wife, who isn't his real wife yet but he still calls her it, has him tied up in his dungeon. Apple in mouth, leather ***-less chaps on etc.

Reactions: CHEZ
Blue monday sounds a whole lot better if you take it in an adult entertainment context.

Has Scott got no internet? I suspect his wife, who isn't his real wife yet but he still calls her it, has him tied up in his dungeon. Apple in mouth, leather ***-less chaps on etc.

That's a horrible thought! Having no Internet I mean.

Reactions: kwistof, CHEZ and crazy88
Evening all!!

What a day ive had, got a txt saying the weather had been bad and some peoples doors were sticking so i got up early for work to get it all sorted, started car left it heating up, coolant light comes on. Sort that easy as pie!

Pull off get 1mile from house, engine management light starts going mental and cars mis firing worse than id had in cars before that had issues. Limp it all the way back home, call work have emergency holiday which they wasnt happy about.

Start looking into problem, scan it for errors with a hand held obd2 scanner my mate had, cylinder 2 error. Pull lead off coil pack start removing coil pack and low and behold the coil pack is in 2 pieces!! GREAT had to screw a 6inch screw into what was left in there to remove it and then go purchase another one!! 2 coil packs in 6 months now, diff cylinders though so nothing major but well annoying!

AND i still aint heard about the job i went for!! Lets hope 2moro is a better day

The first 1 went when i brought it 6 months ago and this one just literally snapped. I can get them for 22.36 each from euro car parts so going to replace the last few ones that need doing.

Its a 6 cylinder aswell :-( ive checked them all and the rest all look in good condition, 1 has been replaced before so i still have another 3 to replace!! Really makes me think about getting rid when its consistent problems and getting something else

Morning JJ, doesnt sound like a good few days!!

Which coil packs are you getting from Euros, as you do know the genuine ones are only £25 from TPS and they come with a 2yr warranty too.

Lets hope you have some news on the job too, i hate when they make you wait!!

Erm BERU is it? the thing i like about them as they metal sleeve is one continuos piece the genuine ones came in 2 parts as thats what came apart! The 2 i have replaced are both the same brand now and when i get paid i might just bite the bullet and replace the remainder and put a spare in the boot! ****** V6!! Suppose they was due to be done any way as they are still the original ones

Got a call about an hour ago regarding the job saying decision to be made by 4pm today so fingers crossed thanks for the support though lads!!

Erm BERU is it? the thing i like about them as they metal sleeve is one continuos piece the genuine ones came in 2 parts as thats what came apart! The 2 i have replaced are both the same brand now and when i get paid i might just bite the bullet and replace the remainder and put a spare in the boot! ****** V6!! Suppose they was due to be done any way as they are still the original ones

Got a call about an hour ago regarding the job saying decision to be made by 4pm today so fingers crossed thanks for the support though lads!!

Good luck re the job mate, hope you had good news. Also, if you need more coilpacks from ECP, I can get them on trades discount, since you are in Solihull.

WELL

I GOT IT!! Woohoooo thanks for asking lads!!

Jojo i got 25% off with y mates astra owners club code is that the same you get dude? Also found out a mates mrs works at car spares and gets the at stock price + 5% so always good to know!

Reactions: jojo, Nilz, Ghost and 3 others
In London for the week with work. Bored on a night and trying not to spend all my money on car bits.

Reactions: Westy
I think so, I've never heard of her until today. He added her on snap chat and she sends videos of herself in the shower etc to anyone on snap chat.