ASN's Pub

Afternoon all..
I've avoided the trick or treaters by being in a different country. Ha ha lets see them get me now.

It's dirty work but somebodys got to do it.........

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: CHEZ
Went to a wedding on Saturday. Pay & display outside the wedding venue was a maximum of 2 hours. Put in my 2 hours, headed to the wedding.

Get to the wedding, hang around, waiting for ages - bride was nearly 40 mins late. Watch the ceremony, have a quick glass of orange juice for the toast and head to my car as it was time to move. Get to the car and the traffic warden is standing next to it, starting to write a ticket (my pay & display ran to 41 mins past and it was now 44 mins past) - legged it to the car, my friend telling me to drive off, warden says "you'll just get it through the post instead", so I say to him "just been to a wedding, bride was late. Moving the car now!" - unlocked, jumped in, drove off. My friend seems to think he may have cancelled the ticket, but I doubt it.

Taking bets as to whether or not I hear anything - he must've been stood next to the car waiting for the ticket to run out!

Is there any way of appealing it, if it's not been put on the car? Aren't they supposed to get a photo of the car with the ticket on it as evidence?

I bet you'll get a ticket. I got done a few years back in a private estate where the signs were hardly visible and some jobs worth took photos of about 6 cars and slapped tickets on them. The photo was pretty much pitch black and all you could see was my number plate. I appealed but didn't stand a chance.

I think traffic wardens are on commission so they will be at a car as soon as the ticket runs out.

Your ticket ran out.
You never topped it up or put extra time on it.

No ones fault apart from your own.

Was it one of the RingGo P&D sites?
I always look out for them now. Makes parking so much easier now.

No offence to you Niki but why are people so keen on trying to worm their way out of something after they got caught doing it wrong?

There always seems to be some post about someone who got caught speeding and trying to find a reason out of it.
You did something wrong, hold your hands up and accept it.
Or are people no longer responsible for their actions?

A bit harsh scott?
I think the point is it was unforeseen/unplanned and only a few mins late, so a bit of compassion wouldn't go a miss, councils have been warned not to use fines as income....

A bit harsh scott?
I think the point is it was unforeseen/unplanned and only a few mins late, so a bit of compassion wouldn't go a miss, councils have been warned not to use fines as income....

I reread it and it does come across way harsher than I meant to be.
Sorry Nicki. :)

41 minuets it not a bit late though is it?

Reactions: s3dave
3 mins late is how i read it?

Guess what??!?!

I read it as 41 minutes. haha

My bad.
3 mins is short and they should have let you off really.

The last I seen a parking attendant at my car/van writing a ticket, I spoke them explained the situation and they let me off. 60 percent of the time, it works every time.

As long as they take a photo of your vehicle being minute over then you will have to pay. If not I think you will be fine...

Scott stop being a cnt :)

Reactions: CHEZ, jojo and Jason.s
In theory Jay we should report you for dodging the swear filter... ;)

Reactions: CHEZ and Jay A3
As long as they take a photo of your vehicle being minute over then you will have to pay. If not I think you will be fine...

Scott stop being a cnt :)

OI. less that of that. I feel greatly offended the use of that word aimed in my general direction!!

But you are right. I was a bit harsh to Nicki and she was only a couple of mins over and I apologies to the nice lady.
You never know, Chez might come a long and fart in my mouth when I'm asleep I'm being to harsh to Nicki.

In theory Jay we should report you for dodging the swear filter... ;)

Hahah.

Do it!!

But my point still stands.
Why are some people so keen to try and worm out of paying fines or accepting the punishment for doing something wrong?

Reactions: CHEZ
Well if Traffic cops can use their discrection and let it pass if your doing 65mph in a 60.
Which I think is more of a road violation than being 3 mins late for your ticket machine,
you think the wardens would have some sort off leeway,

I agree with Scott as well tho, if you've got a set time you know its going to end you can pretty much guarantee that there will be a very officious and strict warden waiting to rain on your parade (or wedding day, delete as appropriate)

sorry Nicki but my moneys on a letter through the door in the next week. Fingers crossed though.

If I'd been massively late back then that's fair enough, but 3 mins is a bit harsh in my opinion. He must've been standing next to my car waiting for the ticket to expire!

The car 2 cars back from me also had an expired ticket (as my friend bought his ticket at the same time as I got mine) but didn't get a ticket as they managed to get in their car & shift it while I was talking to the traffic warden. Just hoping my friend is right that he did cancel the ticket when I drove off.

If I do get a ticket, is it even worth the effort of appealing it? Have any of you successfully appealed a parking ticket?

Wow... 3 letters and everyone is on it??

Let's play hang man then.

Your all a bunch of t_ _ _ ' _. :ninja:

Reactions: Westy
Sounds interesting. How come you're so bored?!
Ive technically finished all my work for the night, so a takeaway is on order then put my feet up. hard times .

Reactions: Westy
It's all about Leeds/ Bradford! The countries finest airport.

Scott clearly doesn't know how to rag a car. He'll probably attempt to plastidip the hire car black.

It's all about Leeds/ Bradford! The countries finest airport.

Scott clearly doesn't know how to rag a car. He'll probably attempt to plastidip the hire car black.

Gods own airport, until the snow comes :cold:

I'll have you all know I do but in a good way. Not in the way of 17 year old corsa driver in McDonald's car park.

It's a company pool car. 12 plate golf TDI and I'm not a fan of it at all.
Its dull and a right ***** t get comfy in it. I'm not looking forward to my two hour drive tomorrow in it.

So hang on a minute...you have a 14(?) yr old slow auto derv which you love...yet you hate this 1 yr old derv (which i also assume has the correct method of transmission?)...odd. You'll have fitted automatic blinds in it by tomorrow lunch.

Isn't it always gutting though when you get to drive a pool car and it's just so dull. :(

And yes jtaylor, it is indeed gods own airport! Better than Heathrow.

Reactions: CHEZ, Ghost and Westy
Its nothing to do with the age of the car.
Its just the fact I don't like it.
Prefer our transit connect to this.

I do wish we get something interesting one day.

I never knew you guys mastered flight.
I thought you was still trying to get your heads round the fact the world is not flat.