Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
Page 542 of 755 FirstFirst ... 42442492532535536537538539540541542543544545546547548549552592642 ... LastLast
Results 21,641 to 21,680 of 30187
Like Tree2667Likes

Thread: ASN's Pub

  1. #21641
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Stock TT wheels are the same as S3 wheels ET32 17x7.5

    I've got 2 sets of TT wheels for my S3
    Check Westy and his TT offset knowledge....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #21642
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Check Westy and his TT offset knowledge....
    Have you seen my new TT wheels for the track? Got them for £100 and Rhubarb collected them for me. Will look great on track with a red tow eye hanging out the bumper too:



    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  4. #21643
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,566
    Easy to spot you then!



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  5. #21644
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,280
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Easy to spot you then!
    Yeah you should see and hear me at ADI. Cars in for remap this saturday for a week
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  6. #21645
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Yeah you should see and hear me at ADI. Cars in for remap this saturday for a week
    It was a shame you weren't there last year dude, was good

    I managed to really piss someone in a TDI Golf off because I was slower than him round corners, but much faster on straights. He got well eggy about it lol.

    I also got award for best noise! :D

    Never again on Sunnys though.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  7. #21646
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Never again on Sunnys though.
    And this is why I have the red TTs. Got 4 Yoko semi slick tyres in my garage waiting to go on them.

    At the moment on my Infinity tyres I can get all 4 wheels spinning in the wet and the car should be a whole new beast after RTech have mapped it

    I'll be sorting out proper road tyres in a month. Camskill do Vredstiens for £80ish a corner
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  8. #21647
    superkarl's Avatar
    MAN OF STEEL

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool/Southport. N west
    Posts
    7,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    I also got award for best noise! :D
    won that easy!

  9. #21648
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    And this is why I have the red TTs. Got 4 Yoko semi slick tyres in my garage waiting to go on them.

    At the moment on my Infinity tyres I can get all 4 wheels spinning in the wet and the car should be a whole new beast after RTech have mapped it

    I'll be sorting out proper road tyres in a month. Camskill do Vredstiens for £80ish a corner
    R Tech mapping it for you - that's interesting... Will talk to you privately about that.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  10. #21649
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    won that easy!
    Cheers dude .

    Different turbo now, and more boost too. Was running 1.7 bar back then, now running 2 bar. Sounds like a hurricane is escaping from the back of the car most of the time.

    I deliberately drive up high sided streets to bury it and just listen.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  11. #21650
    camscockle20vT's Avatar
    The stigs ugly brother

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,673

    ASN's Pub

    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    R Tech mapping it for you - that's interesting... Will talk to you privately about that.
    Come on wer all intrested!lol

  12. #21651
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by camscockle20vT View Post
    Come on wer all intrested!lol
    Nothing bad guys, I've had LOADS of questions!! I just wondered how come Westy had chosen to go there having historically come to my neck of the woods.

    I've got not one thing bad to say about R Tech - Nick is a great guy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  13. #21652
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Nothing bad guys, I've had LOADS of questions!! I just wondered how come Westy had chosen to go there having historically come to my neck of the woods.

    I've got not one thing bad to say about R Tech - Nick is a great guy
    I would usually use Bill as he knows my car but since moving house RTech is now 70 miles away and Bill is 150 miles away. It's just a logistics thing, especially as the car will need to be left and I'll be getting a train back home.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  14. #21653
    superkarl's Avatar
    MAN OF STEEL

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool/Southport. N west
    Posts
    7,533
    +vat

  15. #21654
    camscockle20vT's Avatar
    The stigs ugly brother

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,673

    ASN's Pub

    Ahh gdgd i was worried for a min lol
    Hopefully book in with him myself next month, luckily only a half hour drive for me

    Iv been seeing alot about the vvt being utilised for power increases lately, apparently gets things going abit earlier and abit more poke top end, all intresting stuff.

  16. #21655
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,014
    What happened?
    This place been shut down or has all the patrons died?

    I went to see QJ on saturday to plasti dip his S4 trims and grill surround.
    On the way I witnessed 1 crash and a couple of close calls.

    Here's the video.

    The low sun, dirty windscreen and camera facing to far up. But it did the job.





    Close call from a stupid vectra man. He did a couple of close calls while I was following him and then him and a pug started playing silly buggers.

    Last edited by ScottD3; 1st October 2012 at 08:13.

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  17. #21656
    Jay A3's Avatar
    come fly with me

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Greenhithe, Kent
    Posts
    1,787
    Can't believe you overtook people ! Must have been doing at least 35mph there?
    <Jay A3 build thread>



    241bhp K03s - R Tech

  18. #21657
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,280
    Did that guy just drive straight into the back of that car lol!
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  19. #21658
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Did that guy just drive straight into the back of that car lol!
    Yeah pretty much.

    He did not notice the stopped traffic until it was to late.

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  20. #21659
    coatesy's Avatar
    poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
    He did not notice the stopped traffic until it was to late.



    thought id get that in before some one else does!


    how was every ones weekend?
    k03s/k04 hybrid a3 275bhp 293lbft
    vr6 mk2 golf gti

    fellow north east members add your name to this list.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/north-e...%2A%2A%2A.html

  21. #21660
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,280
    Quote Originally Posted by coatesy View Post
    how was every ones weekend?
    I had a very busy Saturday!

    Up at 7am, left house at 8, arrived at RTech 9:30, 10:30 train to London and just got in my seat at the Emirates 5 mins before kickoff at 12:45. After the disappointing match I had an hour train back to where my parents live so I could pinch my mates van, then had an hours drive back to my house. Got home about 5pm, had time for a little chill and a few beers then went out for a thai, pretty good saturday. Sunday was nice and relaxed in comparison.

    Just waiting for some updates from RTech this week, so fecking excited.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  22. #21661
    coatesy's Avatar
    poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I had a very busy Saturday!

    Up at 7am, left house at 8, arrived at RTech 9:30, 10:30 train to London and just got in my seat at the Emirates 5 mins before kickoff at 12:45. After the disappointing match I had an hour train back to where my parents live so I could pinch my mates van, then had an hours drive back to my house. Got home about 5pm, had time for a little chill and a few beers then went out for a thai, pretty good saturday. Sunday was nice and relaxed in comparison.

    Just waiting for some updates from RTech this week, so fecking excited.
    sounds like you had a good weekend, apart from the football stuff that's for gays...

    haha waiting for the R-tech phone call is like waiting for Christmas.

    i had a pretty good weekend washed mine and the other half's car's on Saturday during the day then took to the roads to annoy some fast cars that aren't as fast as the little a3 :D then on the night made an awesome curry because im am a pro at cooking!

    then sunday went shooting upped my score from 25 to 30 clays out of 50, im getting better think ill join the team and win me some trophy's if i get better.

    then after that had a massive argument with the arse of an father i have about putting water meth in my car. because he thinks he knows everything, he got a fact sheet from work for methanol (CHO4) and started going on and didn't like it when he got shot down because its not the same methanol we all put in our cars (CH3OH) what a dick he is.

    anyone want to adopt a 22 year old that is house trained and can cook and like to go fast in cars!
    k03s/k04 hybrid a3 275bhp 293lbft
    vr6 mk2 golf gti

    fellow north east members add your name to this list.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/north-e...%2A%2A%2A.html

  23. #21662
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,014
    Quote Originally Posted by coatesy View Post
    how was every ones weekend?
    Saturday: Went to Dorset to visit QJ to do some dipping of his trims and went home.
    Cleaned up the kit, put it all away and got some orders to do some more dipping.
    I need to order some glow in the dark pigment, Red, Pink, Black and White. I'll have to do that this week.

    Sunday but dull really. not allot happened apart from Sarah going away for a couple of days training and the dog trying to wake me up.



    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  24. #21663
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,014
    Quote Originally Posted by coatesy View Post
    anyone want to adopt a 22 year old that is house trained and can cook and like to go fast in cars!
    Who is the 22 year old?
    Kid, wife, you?

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  25. #21664
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,280
    Quote Originally Posted by coatesy View Post
    sounds like you had a good weekend, apart from the football stuff that's for gays...

    haha waiting for the R-tech phone call is like waiting for Christmas.

    i had a pretty good weekend washed mine and the other half's car's on Saturday during the day then took to the roads to annoy some fast cars that aren't as fast as the little a3 :D then on the night made an awesome curry because im am a pro at cooking!

    then sunday went shooting upped my score from 25 to 30 clays out of 50, im getting better think ill join the team and win me some trophy's if i get better.

    then after that had a massive argument with the arse of an father i have about putting water meth in my car. because he thinks he knows everything, he got a fact sheet from work for methanol (CHO4) and started going on and didn't like it when he got shot down because its not the same methanol we all put in our cars (CH3OH) what a dick he is.

    anyone want to adopt a 22 year old that is house trained and can cook and like to go fast in cars!
    My dad asked what that was and pointed at my meth kit (this was before I moved out 4 months ago) and I told him, he just glazed over as he didn't understand. He asked if it was safe and I said yes and that was that lol. He's more worried about the cost of thing then what they do lol
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  26. #21665
    coatesy's Avatar
    poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,901

    Re: ASN's Pub

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
    Who is the 22 year old?
    Kid, wife, you?
    That would be me, but I can be any of the above depending on the conditions of this adoption.
    k03s/k04 hybrid a3 275bhp 293lbft
    vr6 mk2 golf gti

    fellow north east members add your name to this list.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/north-e...%2A%2A%2A.html

  27. #21666
    coatesy's Avatar
    poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,901

    Re: ASN's Pub

    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    My dad asked what that was and pointed at my meth kit (this was before I moved out 4 months ago) and I told him, he just glazed over as he didn't understand. He asked if it was safe and I said yes and that was that lol. He's more worried about the cost of thing then what they do lol
    I tried to say this to him but he's just tool.

    He just wants a fight all the time lol

    At least I found a company that sells meth that's used in racing not to far away from where I live.

    Just got to re wire the wmi kit then boom get it all plumbed in
    k03s/k04 hybrid a3 275bhp 293lbft
    vr6 mk2 golf gti

    fellow north east members add your name to this list.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/north-e...%2A%2A%2A.html

  28. #21667
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,014
    Quote Originally Posted by coatesy View Post
    I tried to say this to him but he's just tool.

    He just wants a fight all the time lol

    At least I found a company that sells meth that's used in racing not to far away from where I live.

    Just got to re wire the wmi kit then boom get it all plumbed in
    Do they sell Xyelen?

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  29. #21668
    coatesy's Avatar
    poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
    Do they sell Xyelen?
    Simpson Racing Products/Services

    it says email or ring for quotes on stuff not listed so they might do.
    k03s/k04 hybrid a3 275bhp 293lbft
    vr6 mk2 golf gti

    fellow north east members add your name to this list.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/north-e...%2A%2A%2A.html

  30. #21669
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,566
    So are you or the camera the witness Scott?



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  31. #21670
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,280

    ASN's Pub

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    So are you or the camera the witness Scott?
    I shouldn't think there will be much investigation considering it was a rear ender.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  32. #21671
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,014
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    So are you or the camera the witness Scott?
    Me I think.
    I spoke to the police, they are not pressing charges to the owner of the Pug and never seemed that interested in the video.

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  33. #21672
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I shouldn't think there will be much investigation considering it was a rear ender.
    The police might have wanted to press charges but they don't.

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  34. #21673
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,121
    Scott i think xyelene is outlawed now as it was found to be rather carsinogeneic, it was a brill degreaser though

  35. #21674
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,014
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Scott i think xyelene is outlawed now as it was found to be rather carsinogeneic, it was a brill degreaser though
    I think its still legal.
    Loads for sale on ebay and companies still sell it in 200 litres.
    I need 10 tops but not paying ebay prices.

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  36. #21675
    camscockle20vT's Avatar
    The stigs ugly brother

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,673

    ASN's Pub

    Hey chemical heads, anyone know the name of the person selling the forge 007p service kits on here? Or wheres best to buy one from, looks like ebizzle at the moment £14 inc postage

  37. #21676
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,280
    Quote Originally Posted by camscockle20vT View Post
    Hey chemical heads, anyone know the name of the person selling the forge 007p service kits on here? Or wheres best to buy one from, looks like ebizzle at the moment £14 inc postage
    I bought mine direct from Forge. Didn't know there was a member selling them!
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  38. #21677
    camscockle20vT's Avatar
    The stigs ugly brother

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,673

    ASN's Pub

    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I bought mine direct from Forge. Didn't know there was a member selling them!
    Yeh im sure i saw something about a guy on here selling the kits, think he said his a silent forge dealer.

    I just need the yellow spring.

    Thanks.

  39. #21678
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,566
    Aaaargh! Just attempted to change my rear ARB for an R32 one axle stands! How is it possible? I read you can do it with the heat shield in situ, but it's a bit fiddly.... it's frikin impossible! lol
    I don't have enough room or strength for that matter to unhook the exhaust and undo the heatshield, so putting it all back together again. Bled the rear brakes whilst the rear wheels were off though.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  40. #21679
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,280

    ASN's Pub

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Aaaargh! Just attempted to change my rear ARB for an R32 one axle stands! How is it possible? I read you can do it with the heat shield in situ, but it's a bit fiddly.... it's frikin impossible! lol
    I don't have enough room or strength for that matter to unhook the exhaust and undo the heatshield, so putting it all back together again. Bled the rear brakes whilst the rear wheels were off though.
    Are you mad? You definitely need to drop the back box. I lowered mine and left it standing on a box. Was an easy job then
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  41. #21680
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,121
    Yeah i cant see how you can do it without dropping the heat shield?

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO