JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Page 522 of 755 FirstFirst ... 22422472512515516517518519520521522523524525526527528529532572622 ... LastLast
Results 20,841 to 20,880 of 30187
Like Tree2667Likes

Thread: ASN's Pub

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    morning pubbers.

new dawn new day and all that.

what you all up to?
    I got a house to take apart.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    Morning dude, the mrs is off to get her hair did and me n the lil dude are going down to a mates to strip his rear bumper off and replace some rear light as it didn't like being reversed into a big blue metal council bin
    Then a bit Of shorts shopping for the hols in Manchester later, then off to pick Meg up as she gets back from the school France trip today. Can't wait to see her she's well meen missed.
    Tomorrow will be spent on the lash at the cricket club eating BBQ food, nom nom nom... Meeting Amanda's real dad for the first time. She ain't seen him in over 20 yrs so it's all going to get emo I reckon.

come fly with me

Status
    Intense convos! At the garage today and it's been pissing down.
    <Jay A3 build thread>

241bhp K03s - R Tech

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
    morning pubbers.

new dawn new day and all that.

what you all up to?
    I got a house to take apart.
    Its my birthday!

On my way to a little gig up in Manchester!
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

6th Gear

Status
    Sounds like you've got a manic and eventfull weekend Damo

I'm working 6 to 6 today and tomorrow and its looking rather sunny outside
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

6th Gear

Status
    Oh and happy bday hoggy
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3 Hoggy View Post
    Its my birthday!

Happy Birthday mate, have a good one!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Its my birthday!

Enjoy, and have a great day mate...

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Come one guys, be realistic, boycotting the clubstand over a doll?!

I had to step in and mention about the doll not being able to turn up due to the mention of a Damo doll turning up. It was better to mention it now than later when everyone has got him(damo) ready and expect his attendance! lol

No one has said anything bad about the ASNs attendance and participation of the stand, but it has come to head that ASNs representation was a poor showing from Scott's 'Lack if ASN Banners' thread in the rants section, and the ASN team looks to rectify the problem from here onwards.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    so to rectify this problem there is to be no fun or community spirit on the stand from now on?

they need to get a ****ing grip.
    what makes me respect them even less is that you find yourself, a bloody nice open minded bloke, coming in here and telling us. whats that all about???
    they need to think about what they're doing.

as said earlier:
    'we are the users, we attend shows, we make this forum what it is, we make this forum the size it is, we make the shows, he does not.'

good luck at future shows. you can count me out.
    we'l see how well the ASN stand goes without the members that bother to bring people together.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Just dress Joe up as Damo's replacement!!

On a serious note, come on guys dont get all defensive/annoyed. Its just a doll and Joe was only passing the message on. The shows will improve with or without your attendance. We all hope you will still attend. Can still have fun and a good time.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Completely missed the convo about the doll last night and I think it is a *** joke as didn't harm anyone and was only a bit of fun
    Do feel sorry for you a bit Jo as feel your getting flak for being the messenger
    I think maybe we should consider the COV stand as can still have some fun and can't imagine a silly doll would upset them
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyS3 View Post
    Completely missed the convo about the doll last night and I think it is a *** joke as didn't harm anyone and was only a bit of fun
    Do feel sorry for you a bit Jo as feel your getting flak for being the messenger
    I think maybe we should consider the COV stand as can still have some fun and can't imagine a silly doll would upset them
    im certainly not having a go at jo, i know he's only passing on a message which is unfair on him and us.
    but yeh, you're right. and COV have a stand at most of the shows we go to, and they are ALLLL about community spirit and members having fun, for them its not all about one persons uptight reputation, or lack of.

moderately amusing

Status
    COV? how do we sign up?

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Its just a doll
    Thats what we thought.....

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Afternoon mofos!

Enough of the crap we're talking up above!

I just had a go in THIS!

It's only a Stage2 GTR with 590bhp!

I had around 10 minutes in it, 5 of which was warming the bloody thing up! lol, but it's enough. Words can't explain how quick this beast is! It's just fast with a capital F! I managed to wheelspin the rear wheels in 2nd gear on the move. Only got to use full throttle in 2nd and 3rd gear, 4th I'd be doing 3 figures+. The adrenalin rush is unreal, my hands was shaking when I parked up and got out! Driving one is a lesson in restraint, how anyone can keep one of these to the speed limit has good self control, the car is just alive and wants to eat everything up in it's path, even a Lambo Gallardo feels slow after driving one of these!

That is all. xxx

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    You lucky sod!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    Its my birthday!

Happy birthday Matt, all the best dude, watch out for the flying piss my mate got covered last night hahahahah serves him *** right for getting tickets

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyS3 View Post
    Sounds like you've got a manic and eventfull weekend Damo

I'm working 6 to 6 today and tomorrow and its looking rather sunny outside
    Working to pay off that gearbox dude?? What land do you live in man. It's been pissing it down all day, but then again it's grim oop north !!!

Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    so to rectify this problem there is to be no fun or community spirit on the stand from now on?

they need to get a ****ing grip.
    what makes me respect them even less is that you find yourself, a bloody nice open minded bloke, coming in here and telling us. whats that all about???
    they need to think about what they're doing.

as said earlier:
    'we are the users, we attend shows, we make this forum what it is, we make this forum the size it is, we make the shows, he does not.'

good luck at future shows. you can count me out.
    we'l see how well the ASN stand goes without the members that bother to bring people together.

So that's two dolls hiding in chez's boot for AITP

moderately amusing

Status
    only ever seen one of those on the roads jo, and it was exactly the same as that!
    probably the fastest thing on the roads at the minute! and you dont kill yourself doing so!
    very jealous mate!
    the fastest thing i have been in is a 911
    you got to love a fast datsun!

Status
    Afternoon lads,

I was trying to enjoy my BBQ in the chapel and it started again.

This is my BBQ.

I've been on the phone to Administrator, had a nice long chat with him about a few things and learnt others.
    Couple of things, he's sorting out the banners and making changes to some things.

I'm not sure what I can say, he kept losing signal, so for now I'll be quiet and see what happens.

Over all, we can chill, carry on as normal and see what happens.

I'm still going to AITP as I hope the pub regulars and new members will be.
    I hope to help out with ADI, I got some ideas for our stand that I hope people will help with. Should be good if it works, time will tell.

Any way.
    Chill lads and lets get beer flowing.
    Yut, Heres a orange juice!!

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    The old man and I have been hitting the DIY hard today. Fitted some new power sockets and sensor lights. There's some well dodgy wiring in this house!
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Flip Scott, did you not get sparks with that foil tray in your microwave!!!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    You lucky sod!
    I am indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEZ View Post
    only ever seen one of those on the roads jo, and it was exactly the same as that!
    probably the fastest thing on the roads at the minute! and you dont kill yourself doing so!
    very jealous mate!
    the fastest thing i have been in is a 911
    you got to love a fast datsun!
    Seriously mate, I nearly shat my pants it was that quick. You see the pics and read the reviews, but nothing prepares you for what happens when you mash the loud pedal! OK, this one is tuned, a standard one can't be much slower.

My mate who let me have a go in the Lambo owns this, he told me to turn back and have another go, I said once is enough, it's bloody scary!

In 2 weeks time, he will have a Ferrari F430 for a week, and I need to go look for him.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
    family? these are just blow up plastic dolls, nothing rude or bad in any way. hell, they don't even have bits.
    fk, let's follow the bosses lead and have not no fun, no sense of community and fk all.
    *** joke.
    *** TWAT!!
    Look I like a bit of fun & no I'm not being a killjoy, but Scott there are 2 sides to the coin, yes the doll seems harmless & fun when its just a bunch of blokes messing about as thats what guys do, but it is a family event & can also be offensive & rather rude to others & lets be completely honest, the context of the doll we're staring at wasnt exactly meant in a harmless manner going by the pics, certain written word in a location & pics of members in positions, come on thats not what it was meant to be for, its not like a man doll was sat on a seat in position where a member was supposed to be which was the original reason for it as such pointed out by Joey.

From that POV, then I think the hierarchy are right to step up & ask it not to happen again as a representation of ASN regardless if you find them humourless or not, I wouldnt want to have to explain the doll & actions of people to my daughter & I'm no prude either.

Butt, there's a right & a wrong way to show your opinion & calling anyone on the site a fxxxing twxt on the open forum & as someone involved in events for me is totally the wrong way & tbh disgusting attitude to have, I think an apology is very appropriate, as lets be honest we've seen members banned for allot less.

I've become frustrated by somethings in the past on the forum, difference being I chatted with said person to get a POV across & that person openly has there number on the site for that very purpose, so if it bothered you so much, why didnt you just ring them & state this opinion down the phone to them directly, I just dont get the logic tbh.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Working to pay off that gearbox dude?? What land do you live in man. It's been pissing it down all day, but then again it's grim oop north !!!
    Not the best of days but still reasonable and although it said rain this morning there certinally hasn't been any weathers probably a lot better in Essex than scouser town

0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread

Status
    We could certainly do with some sunshine here in scotland. Its pouring down.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Look I like a bit of fun & no I'm not being a killjoy, but Scott there are 2 sides to the coin, yes the doll seems harmless & fun when its just a bunch of blokes messing about as thats what guys do, but it is a family event & can also be offensive & rather rude to others & lets be completely honest, the context of the doll we're staring at wasnt exactly meant in a harmless manner going by the pics, certain written word in a location & pics of members in positions, come on thats not what it was meant to be for, its not like a man doll was sat on a seat in position where a member was supposed to be which was the original reason for it as such pointed out by Joey.

From that POV, then I think the hierarchy are right to step up & ask it not to happen again as a representation of ASN regardless if you find them humourless or not, I wouldnt want to have to explain the doll & actions of people to my daughter & I'm no prude either.

Butt, there's a right & a wrong way to show your opinion & calling anyone on the site a fxxxing twxt on the open forum & as someone involved in events for me is totally the wrong way & tbh disgusting attitude to have, I think an apology is very appropriate, as lets be honest we've seen members banned for allot less.

I've become frustrated by somethings in the past on the forum, difference being I chatted with said person to get a POV across & that person openly has there number on the site for that very purpose, so if it bothered you so much, why didnt you just ring them & state this opinion down the phone to them directly, I just dont get the logic tbh.
    I've been on the phone to Adam for most of this afternoon and we've said our bits, I've apologised and we've moved on.

I am sorry for my words and if they offended any one.
    It was not my intention to offend any one.

I will learn from my actions.

Lets move on.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Sunny here at the mo and around 20 degrees but the clear skies means its cold at night brrr!

Why is everything so expensive over here! ggrr! Just spent a fortune on lights for the house, they would have cost a fraction of the price back in the UK. Cant even fit them ourselves, all have to be done by a sparkie with a certificate of proof!!!

Status
    Sunny here at the mo and around 20 degrees but the clear skies means its cold at night brrr!

Why is everything so expensive over here! ggrr! Just spent a fortune on lights for the house, they would have cost a fraction of the price back in the UK. Cant even fit them ourselves, all have to be done by a sparkie with a certificate of proof!!!
    The weather can't make its mind up here.
    Sunny for 5mins, raining for 5mins and then sunny and then raining and so on and so forth.

I don't care, I'm watching Anchorman with a big bowl of sweets.

Sarah, Why did you go to Oz?

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Honestly? For a better life for our kids. So far we think it is. There are plus's and minus's but overall its great. Love the summer, laid back lifestyle, lots more to do outside and guaranteed good weather. Hate winter as it can still have warm days but the nights are cold and the houses have no heating (not what we are used to) and no double glazing and prices can be high for some things. Would I do it again if I had the choice.....yes without doubt.

Cant wait to get a pool and love the fact you can wear little clothing most of the year!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    love the fact you can wear little clothing most of the year!
    I like the sound of that, so where's those bikini pics you promised........................

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    I like the sound of that, so where's those bikini pics you promised........................
    Sarah, i will take the sunshine, nigel can have the pics though, lol. Seriously though,it sounds really good. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Status
    Honestly? For a better life for our kids. So far we think it is. There are plus's and minus's but overall its great. Love the summer, laid back lifestyle, lots more to do outside and guaranteed good weather. Hate winter as it can still have warm days but the nights are cold and the houses have no heating (not what we are used to) and no double glazing and prices can be high for some things. Would I do it again if I had the choice.....yes without doubt.

Cant wait to get a pool and love the fact you can wear little clothing most of the year!
    Nice.
    A mate just moved from NZ to OZ and he said the same about the prices.
    Costs so much more than NZ and here but he loves the life over there.

We've thought about moving away but the wife won't leave her family just yet.
    Might look in to it again in the next couple of years.
    Unless this country really improves.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    All I can say is give it a go and if its not for you then you can go back. I just wish we had done it a few years ago when the exchange rate was better and the UKs house prices hadnt slumped lol Hey ho!

But remember the grass isnt always greener.... here most of the time its brown and sandy lol!

5th Gear

Status
    Really!!!
    come on
    the club is controlling the scene and not it's members
    You know wat? I'm sooooo fed up with the scene ATM its all corperate and money orientated
    inters was pony with the clubstands stuffed into the corner while the big tuning company's and trade stands get centre stage

Lets face it with out us your clubs,tuning company's and trade stands aint worth a wa*k
    the scene is up its own bum bum
    the Clubstands are a great oportunity to increase members and you will only do that if there is an attraction and in my opinionis the vibe and atmosphere is wat will bring that attraction
    Whats all this maturity and audi image about? there's nothing mature about the cars we drive (big unreliable turbos,stupid wheels,wmi,lowered suspension,NOS) if I want maturity I'll buy a Volvo estate with a roof rack and dog gaurd
    All the cars we drive are second hand motors that we can barely afford to run and the clubstand is sposed to be a place where we can all meet liaise and have fun
    I suggest every moderator,admin director or whatever gets there arse down to the stand and get friendly with the members and see just what a asset they are to asn
    i love ASN &without it COV wouldnt exist, as its here where I got my taste of being part of something
    this is nonsense

The members need to be brought rite back into the scene

Comrades of Vag find us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/comradesof.vag?ref=hl

Status
    All I can say is give it a go and if its not for you then you can go back. I just wish we had done it a few years ago when the exchange rate was better and the UKs house prices hadnt slumped lol Hey ho!

But remember the grass isnt always greener.... here most of the time its brown and sandy lol!
    Should really go on holiday there first. Never been.
    Got family over there, might visit them.

Quote Originally Posted by AARON77 View Post
    Really!!!
    come on
    the club is controlling the scene and not it's members
    You know wat? I'm sooooo fed up with the scene ATM its all corperate and money orientated
    inters was pony with the clubstands stuffed into the corner while the big tuning company's and trade stands get centre stage

Lets face it with out us your clubs,tuning company's and trade stands aint worth a wa*k
    the scene is up its own bum bum
    the Clubstands are a great oportunity to increase members and you will only do that if there is an attraction and in my opinionis the vibe and atmosphere is wat will bring that attraction
    Whats all this maturity and audi image about? there's nothing mature about the cars we drive (big unreliable turbos,stupid wheels,wmi,lowered suspension,NOS) if I want maturity I'll buy a Volvo estate with a roof rack and dog gaurd
    All the cars we drive are second hand motors that we can barely afford to run and the clubstand is sposed to be a place where we can all meet liaise and have fun
    I suggest every moderator,admin director or whatever gets there arse down to the stand and get friendly with the members and see just what a asset they are to asn
    i love ASN &without it COV wouldnt exist, as its here where I got my taste of being part of something
    this is nonsense

The members need to be brought rite back into the scene
    Admin got some big plans, putting effort in the for the users.
    Should be interesting, I can't wait to see what happens at AITP. Should be good mate.

5th Gear

Status
    Chez will be attending aitp
    For sure

5th Gear

Status
    I hope so I feel the ASN stand needs some love
    And llet the members have some freedom
    we put a lot of time and money into getting our cars ready for the stands ppl give up there holidays and all sorts for these events

moderately amusing

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AARON77 View Post
    Chez will be attending aitp
    For sure
    in the flesh and in the plastic aaron mate!
    looking forward to meet new people! see you there dude!

5th Gear

Status
    I run my own CLUB now But as you know
    COV is all about bringing everyone together
    Clubs
    Members
    Tuning company's
    Friends
    And there's nothing I want more than to work alongside the biggest clubs in the scene
    I look to ASN my big brother for inspiration
    ASN FTW
    Come on guys nail AITP