ASN's Pub

I'm in work and thats about it really.
I've eaten all my lunch, all my tictacs, drunk all my milkshake and all my Gansters are in hospital, so I have to wait 5 hours for them to heal before I can do any thing else with them.
I'm off to look for more Android games.

I like looking at houses and then viewing them.
Almost as good as the day you move in.

I've been looking at boats, houses, cars and motorbikes.
Boats to live on, houses to live in, cars to sell and bikes to ride.

Well I'm covered in black carbon working in an old foundry ATM, trying hard not to contaminate my butties too much while I throw em down my Gregory peck.

Getting some funny looks from the pep's walkin past.

Think it's cos I is black. ;)

Don't be daft....

I've been looking at houses most of the morning so far...

Ouch, Ive been doing that too, anything tickle your fancy?

I got an interview for a job I've applied for (light at end of tunnel grows a little brighter)

Do it! Westle have you seen my torque curve!

hehe, I managed it so it's possible!

something stupid like £500/£550 for everything

sounds good, was the difference noticable when you drove mine?

Yeah I will be after some slicks before I go to the Ring in September. Do you know where I can get some then?

Talk to James at Redish-Motorsport.co.uk.
I think he can get some. He builds BMW race cars.
I'm not 100% sure what he can get but he all ways has loads of Toyos R888s at his place.

Connected to a client over the net and moving a load of historical data for a client as the server it was on is failing.

So flicking back between ASN and an RDP session into the new server (over a VPN tunnel).

Paul

I'm going to looking into going contracting soon if things dont pick up at my work.

IT contracting?
I contracted for the last 10 years on and off, no job security and I hated that part of it but the money was very good.
I could never spend it fast enough at the time.

Connected to a client over the net and moving a load of historical data for a client as the server it was on is failing.

So flicking back between ASN and an RDP session into the new server (over a VPN tunnel).

Paul

Get a 2nd monitor. :D
I'm debating plugging in a 4th. lol

Mooooorrrrrnnnniiiiinnnnngggggg!

Morning,
We have a new face.
Welcome to the pub,
happy%20to%20have%20a%20beer.gif

Same, but need the security myself.

Thought about setting up on my own, but just don't want to have to worry about competing for business every month...

Ive got a copy of yesterdays echo open on my desk...

Same, but need the security myself.

Thought about setting up on my own, but just don't want to have to worry about competing for business every month...

I've offten thought about setting up my own business, had a couple of ideas and some oputunites (SP) but never liked the thought of having to deal with customers or the hassel that goes with setting up a business.
I perfer getting up working, getting paid and going home again. Its simple and I like it. :)

Wish I was doing ****** all sat behind my desk. Instead I'm rolling down the m40 on way toa job at Heathrow. Them it'll be back on the road pointing north. Looks like a long day ahead.
Moral is low at our place between the techi lads. Boss thinks it's ok to pay top end installers who have been with the company over 10 yrs less than new trainees with local competitors Who are currently advertising. And I'm not talking a few hundred quid... I'm talking 7k! So the lads have finally had enough and the cracks are starting to show.

Get a 2nd monitor. :D
I'm debating plugging in a 4th. lol
Well if I could be ***** I could open the lid on my laptop and use it's internal screen as well.

The current docking station has limited monitor outputs, but when I replace it (next couple of months) I will make sure I have one with a min of two DVI ports.

Paul

Hello all!

Looks like most of you are in IT then! Got to be better than the motor trade though. Im just waiting till next month when i should have a change of jobs. Im bored of waiting for it to happen but im told the 27th June is the target date.

Fingers crossed,as im bored of being bored most days!

Hello all!

Looks like most of you are in IT then! Got to be better than the motor trade though. Im just waiting till next month when i should have a change of jobs. Im bored of waiting for it to happen but im told the 27th June is the target date.

Fingers crossed,as im bored of being bored most days!

IT is not as fun as it use to be.
I find it boring as hell at the moment.
Nothing ever happens any more and I'm dealing with old tech. :(

My mate works for a law firm and they all ways play with the cool stuff.
I'm stuck with with a company that has no money to upgrade or replace faulty kit and we are stuck with MS software from 2003. :(

IT is not as fun as it use to be.
I find it boring as hell at the moment.
Nothing ever happens any more and I'm dealing with old tech. :(

My mate works for a law firm and they all ways play with the cool stuff.
I'm stuck with with a company that has no money to upgrade or replace faulty kit and we are stuck with MS software from 2003. :(

We're only just rolling out SP3 for XP!!!