ASN's Pub

I know, I was just being a sarcastic **** (Mods, it's a deodorant) in response to a sarcastic ****

You're just being petty and provocative, seems you're the only one as everyone else is mature enough to have acted sensibly to changes requested.

Do you want me to be petty and provocative also?

I wonder who would win.

Reesy dont be a prat ;)

I'm on Chrome now Welly, it seems quite fast compared to Firefox I had on before.

Sorry W3sty.

If I want to sponsor you for Movember W3sty, first of all what is the end design of the tash going to be. Richard Dastardly, handlebar tash, charlie bronson, magnum P.I?

Sorry W3sty.

If I want to sponsor you for Movember W3sty, first of all what is the end design of the tash going to be. Richard Dastardly, handlebar tash, charlie bronson, magnum P.I?

It's not W3STY anymore mate ;)

I'm going for a tash similar to this one:

2011_Get_Involved_splash1.jpg

I just wish I had enough time to grow my hair too ;)

Hmm, I never even noticed. I would also like to make a formal complaint about your avatar.

That is a pretty gash tash mate, might be worth a £5er, but I'm not sure yet.

Hmm, I never even noticed. I would also like to make a formal complaint about your avatar.

That is a pretty gash tash mate, might be worth a £5er, but I'm not sure yet.

Complain away, it was there to see if it upset Jardo but hasn't seemed to work. You cant argue with fact ;)

I grew a big thick freddy murcury one last year but I'm going for some shape this year. I would do a big handlebar but I have gaps in the hair between my tash and my beard hair :(

Complain away, it was there to see if it upset Jardo but hasn't seemed to work. You cant argue with fact ;)

I grew a big thick freddy murcury one last year but I'm going for some shape this year. I would do a big handlebar but I have gaps in the hair between my tash and my beard hair :(

Sorry mate, but unless I am missing something, you just have a lad urinating on to an A3 badge. I assume you are trying to say that the s3 p15535 all over the A3, but you haven't got an s3 reference?

tumblr_kr3ftup33p1qz9bydo1_500.jpg

600full-death-wish-3-screenshot.jpg

One of these would be awesome

Just head to mine, and then we can meet Tuffty en route - normally meet him at the Tetbury crossroads.

We can have a brew before we leave that way :thumbsup:

cool beans dude let me know what time and Ill be there :)

Welly, I followed a guide to install flow chrome os. However, the laptop is old and cannot boot from usb. Is this something that it can never do, or can the bios be updated? Or shall I just burn the iso to a CD and install it that way? The machine has an old copy of xp running on it, and takes about 15 minutes to boot up currently :( (It's an old laptop a friend was throwing out so I claimed it)

Welly, I followed a guide to install flow chrome os. However, the laptop is old and cannot boot from usb. Is this something that it can never do, or can the bios be updated? Or shall I just burn the iso to a CD and install it that way? The machine has an old copy of xp running on it, and takes about 15 minutes to boot up currently :( (It's an old laptop a friend was throwing out so I claimed it)

Go to the manufactures website and do the bios upgrade first to see if you can enable USB booting. Failing that just put it on CD.

Whats so good about the Chrome OS then guys???

Who wants a pint in the Jardo arms then?!

Got the job, the managers job!!

As Dave said though, I'm applying for my personal license, I'm eligible so it is just a £37 paper exercise.

I wanted to try chrome as i'm a geek, and the laptop is not really good for anything else to be honest. The cd drawer is broken (another reason why to try linux/ chrome) and it's a shabab processor.

I'll try update the bios thingy-mi-bobby

Go to the manufactures website and do the bios upgrade first to see if you can enable USB booting. Failing that just put it on CD.
Laptop BIOS upgrades are a rare event, and generally only for bugfixes. If you find one, I doubt you'll get USB boot added. You could probably toast the CD in the time it takes to look for the BIOS.

...I wouldn't, though.
Whats so good about the Chrome OS then guys???
It blows.
It's the worst of all worlds as far as I can work out... It's Linux-based (good start), but completely governed by Google policy (and therefore pretty restricted in comparison to any other distribution); most of its 'functionality' is server-side, so it's not desperately fast; and it's an absolute resource-pig. Never mind the OS, I heard recently that the Chrome browser sources HAVE to be built on a 64-bit machine with a bazillion jiggybytes of memory, because it's registers are spread so wide.

It's kinda pretty though (nothing wrong if that's all you're interested in, I guess).

You'd be better off with Ubuntu.

//R

Yeah, most likely! I had already planned to try ubuntu on it, but was wanting to give chrome os a shot first. Ubuntu it is! Now, to see whether this dodgy cd drive works!!

When you open it, it all but falls out. I am doubtful a cd will work in it, but we'll try. :)