ASN's Pub

It worked spot on mate, got my exchange email and all dropping into it.

Back on Windows now though as I need to do some work! lol

Installer is available on the web, but was a pain to find. I can zip it up and pop it on my web server if people are that interested?

It's an ISO that can be run either live, or installed to HDD. You do need to have an Intel CPU though.

I want it!!! Would it run on my macbook then? It's an intel dual core jobbie. I always love having new OS's to play with.

I want it!!! Would it run on my macbook then? It's an intel dual core jobbie. I always love having new OS's to play with.

Possibly, not sure about Mac compatibility. I don't see why not though, the hardware is basically the same. As long as you can get the Mac to boot from a disc it should work I would think.

Armpit sex FTW! When at uni I obtained the crown of amrpit sex man. I have no idea why. I'd have a right rash if I tried it with mrs crazy88!

Possibly, not sure about Mac compatibility. I don't see why not though, the hardware is basically the same. As long as you can get the Mac to boot from a disc it should work I would think.

I've got windows on it, and i've had linux before also, so i think it should do. The days of silly processors on macs has long gone luckily.

I've managed to wangle leaving work at 4 today, I can get straight home and do my brakes :)

haaaaa well done W3STY...if i want to finish early i reckon they will make me take it as a half days holiday

So tell me more about USB OSs now???

It's all about the Linux is that instance basically. Bottom line, if you want to run a stable and fast OS from a USB stick, then it is going to be a Linux based variant.

Android 2.2/2.2 R2, Linux LDE, Knoppix, SUSE, Fedora, SLAX, WHAX, Ubuntu, DamnSmallLinux. All of those distos can be run directly from a flash drive without any messing about.

Windows is, and is always likely to be, a bit of a pain to reliably run from a flash disk. It can be done though. Not really much hacking to the OS required.

I used a tool called PEBuilder when I last did it many moons ago for a customer, and used this TechReublic article: SolutionBase: Boot Windows XP from a USB flash drive | TechRepublic

I've only got the keys!!! Wooooooo

Well, not really, I've got to go to the Estate Agents and get them before 5.30. So I'm leaving here at 4 myself.

RESULT!

It's all about the Linux is that instance basically. Bottom line, if you want to run a stable and fast OS from a USB stick, then it is going to be a Linux based variant.

Android 2.2/2.2 R2, Linux LDE, Knoppix, SUSE, Fedora, SLAX, WHAX, Ubuntu, DamnSmallLinux. All of those distos can be run directly from a flash drive without any messing about.

Windows is, and is always likely to be, a bit of a pain to reliably run from a flash disk. It can be done though. Not really much hacking to the OS required.

I used a tool called PEBuilder when I last did it many moons ago for a customer, and used this TechReublic article: SolutionBase: Boot Windows XP from a USB flash drive | TechRepublic

That sounds familiar to me. The problem with windows is it is constantly writing to the registry. A USB stick can only be written to a few million times before it starts to pack up. As you can imagine, with windows making changes to the registry a USB pens life expectany is shortened dramatically.

I'll get them bolted up as soon as i'm home, then the fun of bleeding them begins. I'll try to get more pics but there wont be anything you've not seen before. I'll then go out for a spin and see if I can stop!!!

You'll be fine mate.
Bleeding is easy and the stopping will be fine.
You'll stop one way or another. :)

I'm sure they will be fine and stopping will be superb. Not looking forward to swapping the braided hoses over. Need to do it really quick to minimise fluid loss.

Avoiding fluid loss will help but there is always the eazibleed for backup....

I'm sure they will be fine and stopping will be superb. Not looking forward to swapping the braided hoses over. Need to do it really quick to minimise fluid loss.

yeah but relax and chill out when doing it.
Just don't flap or panick or any thing, it will make it worse. so just relax and you'll be fine.

Is there no way to clamp the ends first before changing over the hoses? Im looking to do the change too...

yeah but relax and chill out when doing it.
Just don't flap or panick or any thing, it will make it worse. so just relax and you'll be fine.

lggn0309+chill-out-relaxing-polar-bear-poster.jpg

Yr slipping mate. You should be onto armpits by now. ;)

:laugh: WTF

Nah she's a classy girl and we just wined and dined last night, had a right laugh with her coz she's a little lightweight so after 1 glass she was wrecked :lmfao:

Boooooo.

But then again, I don't like women that give it all out on the first date either. That's a good thing IMO.

This

Classy birds FTW

Ubuntu.
Thats all I've played with. lol

I've always hated that O/S purely because it sounds like an African Doctor

Avoiding fluid loss will help but there is always the eazibleed for backup....

What do you mean mate?

This is my plan:

1 - Remove old calipers and cariers but keep the hoses conected.
2 - Bolt up the new carriers and pretty red/pink calipers with the new hoses connected caliper end
3 - Unscrew the hoses at the brake line end and quickly crew the new hose onto the brake line trying not to loose too much fluid.
4 - Then open the reseviour, connect ezibleed and bleed calipers
5 - go for a spin.

I meant if you do get fluid loss, then just fully bleed the system up using the eazibleed. Happy days either way...

I only have 1 litre of brake fluid so I cant do a full flush! Need to keep as much fluid in the lines as possible.

Worse case, if you run out of brake fluid just use the stuff you catch or whats left over in the old calipers.

Smudge, hahaha yeah it does a bit.

I've only got the keys!!! Wooooooo

Well, not really, I've got to go to the Estate Agents and get them before 5.30. So I'm leaving here at 4 myself.

RESULT!

Most excellent news dude.bet you cant wait.

Westy you forgot to mention swearing and shouting profusely and the part where you get brake fluid into those tiny cuts you didnt realise you had at the top of your finger nails lol.

What do you mean mate?

This is my plan:

1 - Remove old calipers and cariers but keep the hoses conected.
2 - Bolt up the new carriers and pretty red/pink calipers with the new hoses connected caliper end
3 - Unscrew the hoses at the brake line end and quickly crew the new hose onto the brake line trying not to loose too much fluid.
4 - Then open the reseviour, connect ezibleed and bleed calipers
5 - go for a spin.

Before step 5...put the wheels back on.

Dont be silly, it's going to go very smoothly!!!

Don't be silly nothings simple on our cars! lol. But then again I will probably go smoothly because I'm not there to jinx it lol

It Does not come out as quick as you think, steady and precise and you will be a winner,
Just a thought don't but the eeziebleed kit on until they are swapped over.....