Buying a camera on a budget

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Dunno anything about cameras but have about £150 to spend. Any recommendations?

not sure why im buying one as i wont know how to use it properly lol will take some time to learn i guess just want some much better shots.

cheers in advance!

would it matter if i can't fit in your pocket?
The finpix cameras are nice bits of kit but they are a bit to bulky to just put in your pocket and some run off AA batteries.

I'd stay clear of any camera than runs off AA batteries. They will eat them and you spend most of your time changing the batterys.
Even with 2800mha or LCD batteries they dont last as long as Ni-MH batteries.

Does zoom matter?
Bridge cameras (the finepix) has really good zoom over normal compact cameras but then they are biggern but if thats not an issue a good budget bridge camera could be good.
If it is an issue some of the higher end compact cameras have the option for attachment lenses. They will increase the zoom or widness or the lens.
so you get close to best of both worlds.

oooo i quite like that Fuji Bridge. My compact is still working fine. Cannot justify it for the Mrs tho as she has a 40d and i have a 60,lol

Hmmm i wonder if i can celebrate weekends.LOL

I have a Fuji finepix, bit old now but takes pretty good pictures. But don't go in my pocket! So it hardly gets used as I have a 12mp camera in my mobile phone! This does me pretty well and its always in my pocket when i need it :)

i was told to get the Fuji Finepix F80 EXR for around £130 seems like u guys agree. my phone only has a 5mp camara which is ok but not great. think ill have a pop at one of those!

zoom isnt that important for me as i can just move closer lol im not gonna be taking pics of wildlife or the girl next door

panasonix TZ7 comes up at £159 ish now and again also other TZ about often on offer, cracking point and shoot camera with hd movies :)