A2 A3 A4 SAFETY RECALL - DIESEL ONLY

leespears1

Reaction score
I have reasons to believe Audi have issued a safety recall for A2 A3 A4 diesel engined vehicles. Apparently, there is an issue with fixing bolts on the fuel pump. This could lead to the vehicle being rendered undriveable and obviously fuel leaking on roads poses a hazard for other motorists.

I do not know which chassis number or year these models are but im presuming the newer ones.

Just give your local dealerships a call to find out if your car is affected.

I think the recall was released by Audi UK yesterday. Just to cover my back, Ive heard this only as a rumour!

Post your findings when you have called the dealerships.

Lee. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Spoke to mine today, and they've told me to bring the car in, so mine is a possibility. It's an A4 Tdi quattro sport '04.

Be lucky,

Phil

Just read in Auto Express that 70,000 1.4 and 1.9TDI VW, Seat, Audi and Skoda are beng recalled due to possible fuel leakage problems. Cars affected are built March-Septmber 2004.
Called Audi UK - they so not know anything about it!

A quote taken from another forum. Also read this on CNN. Nightmare for me, I better phone, I have an O4 model, took delivery in April so there is a good chance mines may be affected. What will this entail if it is?> Any help would be appreciated.

Lee, I'd just like to thank you for bringing to our attention anyway... like you say, better before you actually break down
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I phoned Audi Edinburgh, they didnt seem to know anything about it, but they are going to check with the workshop manager. Still waiting on the phone call back... Whether or not it comes, its a different story!

They did get back to me, and yes there is a recall definitely. Booked in for next week, although its only a half an hour job which isnt too bad!

I would imagine it is for the same engines as the vw recall which means 1.9 and 1.4 tdi only?????

Think ill just wait my car broke down twice in the first week because of something to do with the fuelpump so possible mine was fixed then if therewas anything wrong!!