Barring POSTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ A4

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I really don't know why you have to nanny this site. It is mainly adults that are registered isn't it, which means 18+. I think you should just place a warning sign saying there maybe unsuitable material at times for kids which will keep you covered after all why should the rest of us be censored i'm sure we can make up our own minds what we want and don't choose to look at? Don't you agree?

What kicked this off?

Was it that deer accident post? This is the only post i can recall being "modded"

Or has this been brewing for a while?

Yep i think so.....not nice alot of claret but come on it made clear the risks of and showed what to expect if you hit and animal of that size so i would say its educational. Depends on which way you look at it. But what about other posts which have been banned too! As i said before are we incapable of knowing what we like and dislike viewing. They guys here do a great job but im sure theres gotta be some sort of way to compromise!

No.

Most contributors can post sensibly, some cannot and some users HAVE complained.

That's just how things work sometimes.

I think the recent deer post has started a li'l debate.... anyway, I guess the mods will read and respond to this and I didn't get chance to respond to other post b4 it was locked so:
"Mods - I apologise for re-posting the deer clip"

It is very easy to be critical of moderation on a forum, especially if it is your post thats moderated.

You can discuss this ad infinitum, but the way the site is moderated will NOT change. It has been discussed before, it will doubtless become a topic of discussionb again in the future.

Now...

As you were gentlemen...

Yeah i understand people complaining but i think maybe material like that is placed into a 18+ folder and clearly states that the viewing is at the discretion of the member and that they have been properly warned! I think that is fair.

[ QUOTE ]
CJ B6 2.0 said:
Yeah i understand people complaining but i think maybe material like that is placed into a 18+ folder and clearly states that the viewing is at the discretion of the member and that they have been properly warned! I think that is fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice idea...but whan did kids ever abide by rules saying 'no under 18s'?
They don't...

Then when they, or others, get upset...the site is help responsible.

As has been said, the Moderators have to try to maintain the integrity of the site, and please all members...not exactly an easy job.
Sometimes we get it right...sometimes we get it wrong...
That's the way it is...

But, we have to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.