WHich Plates

Avant4me

The're Graphite not black!!
Reaction score
I know this may sound trivial but am a really not sure.
Just about to put my private reg on my Silver A4 Avant B6.

Whats the question dude??

Whether to put the private plate or keep the normal ones, or are you asking which style??

put on the kind you like
my kind maybe not what you like
so its a matter of what you like search on ebay theres loads of diff style plates

Pressed plates look good if not get a decent surround on them but stay away from the Crome. Looks tacky IMO.

Do yourself a favour and keep the plates standard.

The moment they are spotted by the plod, you will have to pay to have the car checked and then pay again to replace them.

Just isnt worth it.

Unless ofcourse you are using them of road?

Do yourself a favour and keep the plates standard.

The moment they are spotted by the plod, you will have to pay to have the car checked and then pay again to replace them.

Just isnt worth it.

Unless ofcourse you are using them of road?

unless you get road legal pressed pleates.

Sorry guys i did mean the style, went for completely plain ones, cant be doing with the hastle of swapping over anymore, getting old!!

I'd go for standard plates, although I ran pressed plates ( albeit correctly spaced) and had no problems. But the law isn't as full on where I lived compared to other parts of the country.

I really dont think its worth the hassle with plates anymore getting different fonts and styles etc, it just stirs up unnecessary hassle and fines etc, only for those that have them to come up and moan on forums that they got done for their plates....lol..

You know the score.

I think you do right with the standard plate mate....(i think im showing my age as well now...tut tut) ;)

I chose plain plates when i put my private reg on it, just cut down the rear with a really small S4 logo in the bottom right corner. Still showing the required 11mm gap around the edge so 100% legal. Flew through the MOT....

I make numberplates as a sideline (been doing it 10 years!) if your interested in a set, I cannot do pressed ones though.

Dsc00482.jpg

Chris