Top Gear Transit XJ220

haha was funny but tbh if i sat in a transit and in the center of the dash was additional dials one of which saying ' boost/psi ' then id have a sneaky suspicion that it wasnt a transit engine. that and the tick over ! haha

I've seen that transit before, it ran up goodwood a few years back.

As soon as i saw the XJ220 alloys i was like haha this is going to be good!

Bit disappointing I thought, every episode in the past few months is filled with the same childish predictable humor, I'll still watch it though for the few reviews they do, the Ferrari was good and the interview but the rest was pants...

Top gear’s problem is it’s became a parody of it’s own type. It’s a predictable formula that has increased the audience to that of people that are far from interested in cars. However, it still remains entertaining – some the stuff they setup is really quite plausible; ideas/concepts, budget and scale. Gone are the days of reviewing the average Jo’s car. Though if they returned to that perhaps purists would be chuffed though loads of people would tune out – so hardly on the cards for the beeb to be interested in such changes. Kinda damned if ya do / damned if ya don’t scenario.

I thought there would be something up with the Van today, and it was fun to watch. I agree with all the dials and note of the exhaust being a giveaway, but still it was cool. Though the bit I loved most was new stiggy’s driving when he pulled off that overtaking – awesome! :)

I knew when I saw the wheels and how low the thing was! Why bother doing that though?!

Agreed though about the program - it's now becoming a sitcom. The trips abroad are the best things now.

Yeah I stopped watching it ages ago, for some reasons pointed out already, it became annoying to watch especially knowing these guys are paid millions each to wow the crowd as such, nice to see where our license money goes huh, absolutely disgusts me tbh.

Agreed.

Its more about the entertainment value than the car reviews.

+1

That my son is hit square on zee nail, thats the whole problem with that show now.

Do you REALLY care about how a Lambo is going to be on a track though? REALLY?

I know i don't as i'll most probably never own one, and if i did, i doubt i'd take it to a track

It's the entertainment factor that draws me in to watching each week and all the endless repeats on Dave

The cars on the tracks annoy me, I skip them and the star in a car segment.
I'd happly have an hour of them driving cars across countries, deserts, ice, volcanos or them making stupid cars or stupid designs that we can only wish we had the time, space and money to make such things.

and the ocational caravan destruction, which that they have not done for a while :(

The cars on the tracks annoy me, I skip them and the star in a car segment.
I'd happly have an hour of them driving cars across countries, deserts, ice, volcanos or them making stupid cars or stupid designs that we can only wish we had the time, space and money to make such things.

and the ocational caravan destruction, which that they have not done for a while :(

Same for me again

Star in a car is usually entertaining, but some people i just skip past

The challenges and the sheer genius to think of some of them (such as the upside down Aussie cars) is fantastic

You just made my whole point in that one sentence, job done.

I don't understand...

You said you wanted to know about car reviews, i was talking about when they test a new supercar on the track and review it

Who really cares about how it goes on a track?

I don't understand...

You said you wanted to know about car reviews, i was talking about when they test a new supercar on the track and review it

Who really cares about how it goes on a track?

I do...

Cars have always been a passion to me since I can remember, most the cars they review I could never afford, but it's a dream and I like to see and hear how technology and cars have improved and moved on...

Some of there trips thay go on can be ok, and I know that it's more than just a car programme now, due to appealing to a larger ordiance, (money) why wouldn't they !

Would still rather see more car reviews though, there are lots and lots of cars that never make it onto the tv to get reviewed...

It's more the constant poor unfunny humour that does my nut, even the missus will sit beside me and comment on how unfunny they are, the little banters they go on where they argue with eachother like nobs, Hammond is probably the most annoying though out of all of them...

Last edited:
Noticed the wheels on the van and also, didnt anyone notice the number plate, they did a shot of it and right at the bottom it said something along the lines of Jaguar XJ220, so I knew straightaway somethings not standard about this one...lol...Also as already mentioned the big dial in the middle??

As for the program, its just a bit of fun now, dont really watch it for the reviews or anything, just watch it for banter and general stupidness of the lot of them.

I love it. I find it a nice way to relax with some care free entertainment on a Sunday night.

Some may not like it, and that's fair enough. But in my eyes, it's hardly rubbish.

OK - it's not really a factual car program these days in honesty - however, when it was, with Quentin Wilson on board it was far worse. It was bland, and had no character at all. That's why everyone who hosted it left, and it got dropped.

Old Top Gear only ever had a peak of 6 million viewers. New Top Gear gets an average of 7.5 million viewers each week.

I love listening to cars getting spanked around a track, and wish that my day at work the following day would involve doing that. I love listen to what Clarkson has to say about people, and wondering how much trouble he will be in the next day.

On the whole, some of the things they do are a bit daft yes, BUT, it makes for good viewing. It can be predictable, but that doesn't make it less funny.

Things like the Robin Reliant episode, and the caravanning trip were just epically funny.

I will continue to watch Top Gear until the end, and will be very sad when it leaves our screens. Which it will eventually.

I love it. I find it a nice way to relax with some care free entertainment on a Sunday night.

Some may not like it, and that's fair enough. But in my eyes, it's hardly rubbish.

OK - it's not really a factual car program these days in honesty - however, when it was, with Quentin Wilson on board it was far worse. It was bland, and had no character at all. That's why everyone who hosted it left, and it got dropped.

Old Top Gear only ever had a peak of 6 million viewers. New Top Gear gets an average of 7.5 million viewers each week.

I love listening to cars getting spanked around a track, and wish that my day at work the following day would involve doing that. I love listen to what Clarkson has to say about people, and wondering how much trouble he will be in the next day.

On the whole, some of the things they do are a bit daft yes, BUT, it makes for good viewing. It can be predictable, but that doesn't make it less funny.

Things like the Robin Reliant episode, and the caravanning trip were just epically funny.

I will continue to watch Top Gear until the end, and will be very sad when it leaves our screens. Which it will eventually.

Welly, couldnt have said it better myself!!
the challenges are great
im fed up of so many things being SO PC!!! im so glad that this show is NOT like that ..... yet

It is beyond me how somebody could hate topgear so much that they would turn the tv off! Sounds like something my grandparents would do, you really know your a dull, miserable individual when that happens.

Very entertaining with the odd factual bits, satisfys all... Well, most. Dont think I ever laughed so hard when I saw the reliant Robin episode!

It is beyond me how somebody could hate topgear so much that they would turn the tv off! Sounds like something my grandparents would do, you really know your a dull, miserable individual when that happens.

Very entertaining with the odd factual bits, satisfys all... Well, most. Dont think I ever laughed so hard when I saw the reliant Robin episode!

THIS!!!

I must have watched just the clip about 20 times, and it still makes me **** myself laughing

I then saw a similar thing on 5th Gear about a year later, didn't even crack a smile....

One of the best bits ever. Every time i watch it a little bit of pee comes where i laugh so hard. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is not bad quality considering

my fav line from JC was 'we even beat you by carrying an engine in the back'

Have you guy's seen the Aussie version of this episode? It's tell's a different story.
The Aussie guy at the end say's he's never driven a rally car before!

Have you guy's seen the Aussie version of this episode? It's tell's a different story.

Watching it on my phone at the moment (I love my new phone :D).
There seems to be more dialog from their version to our version.

The video appears to be flipped or mirrored.
Every one that was on the left in our version is on the right on their version.

The video appears to be flipped or mirrored.
Every one that was on the left in our version is on the right on their version.

Mirrored? Thats odd, shouldn't they be upside down?.......................................................... I'll get my coat

Last edited:
if i'm honest i don't enjoy Top Gear as much as i used to. the stuff they do is funny and entertaining, i just wish they'd apply that and actually make a car programme.

some of the challenges are great and i really enjoy them, but not every single week. i'd get rid of Star in a Reasonably Priced Car if it were up to me. i usually hate that bit

i just wish they'd apply that and actually make a car programme.

That was my point & it doesnt make us miserable old ******** for wanting to sit down & watch a program thats supposed to be about cars, not how to **** away the millions we pay in license fees on there fantasies.

HERE HERE i just wish they would start a new leader board of modified cars( ide blatently let the stig rag my car round the track)

Last edited:
Mirrored? Thats odd, shouldn't they be upside down?.......................................................... I'll get my coat

A bit of research later found out that mirrowing or flipping the video allows it to trick the youtube copywrite filter.

LOL, It says in the video 'Comment on this video being flipped if your IQ is below 20....'