ebay buyers

yendall24

Reaction score
hi all just looking for a bit of advice . i sold a van on ebay yesterday the problem is after three emails to the buyer with my phone number and asking him to get in touch to arange pickup he as not contacted me . i asked him to get in touch as i wished to confirm it was a genuine bid but nothing as yet . how much time would you allow before contacting ebay and do you think i am being a bit too suspicous he won the auction 20 hours ago

well b4 you can file a dispute for non payment its about 10 days so your stuck till then

I've had it when selling items, people stick a bid down and i guess presume they wont get it so they log off and dont check. I'd leave it a week before filing a dispute for non payment.
He may be genuine but not checked his account for a few days.

It's also possible that he only has Internet access at work (or could be away for the weekend) so can't check till tomorrow.

I'd leave it until tomorrow afternoon, then ping him another message.

I always put at the bottom of my listing, payment to be made 24hrs after auction, or with higher value items like cars, I require a deposit of £50/100 after end of auction. If the buyer doesn't act within 24hrs, you can report them straight away, though I've never had problems.

so does this mean i am obliged to hold onto it for the next 10 days before i try to re sell

Yes, its a two way contract - unless you've added a caveat like "deposit required" or "payment within 24hrs" then you are required to hold on to it for a reasonable period.

If after sending several messages giving him a deadline he still doesn't reply, then it can be argued you've given enough chances and can go ahead and relist it.

even if you put 24 hrs or deposit
you still have to wait the days that ebay say
before you can file a dispute
but i give buyers 3 days if no contact i relist

well after i sent another email he finaly got back to me . he says he is having trouble getting insurance for the van so he cant go through with the purchase . ho at least i know . and by the way its not 10 days before you can file an unpaid item claim its actually 4 days

i dont know if i am allowed to do this in the forum as it is sort of advertising but seeing as you have asked i will risk it. appolagies in advance if i am out of order. its a citroen berlingo 1.4 petrol lx van 600kg 57 plate 08 registration it as covered a genuine 25600 miles it as been my work van from new its white and as fsh 12 months mot and 5 months tax it extremely clean and only carried light tools its fitted with bluetooth hands free and roof rack . i bought it off my company thinking i might keep it but i love my a4 too much to give it up for a van . i am looking for about £3400

i dont know if i am allowed to do this in the forum as it is sort of advertising but seeing as you have asked i will risk it. appolagies in advance if i am out of order. its a citroen berlingo 1.4 petrol lx van 600kg 57 plate 08 registration it as covered a genuine 25600 miles it as been my work van from new its white and as fsh 12 months mot and 5 months tax it extremely clean and only carried light tools its fitted with bluetooth hands free and roof rack . i bought it off my company thinking i might keep it but i love my a4 too much to give it up for a van . i am looking for about £3400

Have you not heard of using PM's?

ah sorry never thot about it as advertising :( sorry if i have got you in to bother mate im looking for a van im starting my own business but only looking to spend 2k max on a van at the moment

Yea it's a bit of a ****, filing a dispute will only return your listing fee, but it's sorted now. Iv got a couple of nonpayers going on, both overseas. Some people think that because it's the Internet it means little to nothing. All non payers should be shot!!!! ;)

Your van sounds reasonably priced! Decent van for the money too, last thing you want when starting a business is a clapped out thing that will costing you time and money when it goes wrong.. I learnt this from experience.