Tsunami

check this part out of the bbc article
"Former Boyzone singer Ronan Keating may also take part if a studio can be found close to where he is holidaying in Switzerland. "
The guy can't even be bothered to fly back to the UK from Switzerland to sing some vocals.

Pretty disgraceful when so many ordinay folk have taken holiday/unpaid leave to fly over to affected aeas to actually offer their services including a few of my relatives. I guess each to their own and nobody should be pressured or made to feel guilty as everybody's circumstances are different.

But some of these popstars are sanctamonious publicity seeking (i'll censor myself) I bet if it was Band Aid he would have made it, but the fact that its not perceived as cool and not gonna increase his own personal image/album sales he can't be bothered.
Disgusted in Glasgow!

How can you make these comments about a guy who's doing something for the cause?
If he can go into a local studio then fine. If the truth had been he didn't contribute because it was too much hassle then I understand people making a judgement but on the information to hand I think it's a bit harsh.

He's contributed so what's the problem?

ScoTTy i get what you are saying. It is harsh to judge Ronan on that one article as it may not reflect his actually personal opinions. True. Apologies to Mr. Keating. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But i still stand by my ascertion that for some artists the PR angle is a bigger consideratoin (same reason why they humiliate themselves on I'm a celeb, celeb big bro, that cooking thing with Gordon Ramsey) and their sincerity is not as geniune as they would like us to believe.
(can't back down completely can i? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

So I'd bet you any money that your average joe in the street has contributed a larger percentage of their net earnings than your average ex-boyband wonder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If I did I'd be sending it back stuck up a little helpers butt!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ah it all makes sense now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ScoTTy - I think youre being a little judgemental against Santas little helpers.

Little Helper hater /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
How can you make these comments about a guy who's doing something for the clause?

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif