petrol prices in the uk

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
hi all as you all know now the vat has gone up now the petrol prices have gone up too just a little thread to see what sort of figures petrol is at the pumps in your area the worst ive seen at the moment is 138.9 in cardiff for shell v-power :sign_unfair::mad:

I paid 127.9 for Diesel on Friday at Morrisons which is next to my work in Liverpool. I usually go to the shell garage by my house and I think that is around 128.9.

£1.30ish for diesel in plymouth.

I got 9 litres of 71p a litre diesel in my shed from Andorra.
I'd like to know why the government is charging us £1.30 per litre.

I filled up in Southampton on Friday and it was 131.9 for standard Diesel and 141.9 for V-power Diesel, thing is i use a tank full every 2 weeks, so my fuel bill is just going through the roof........ British Goverment Robbing Bas*ards

dam right its rediculous , i does my nut in too when the oil companys publish how much profit they have made for that year what are they saying this is how much we have robbed you for this year lol

We need another petrol 'strike'. Anyone know who organised the first?

I know there is one organised in FB, think its called "Keep Fuel Below £1.00 per litre" they have over 230K members.

why not use regular 95 Ron Unleaded then? it's a few pence cheaper, that'll get you an extra pint down the pub per tank ;)

Bit out of date but it gives you an idea where are money goes.

fuelgraph.jpg

Its not oil company's fault!!! The actual cost of petrol is about 42p a litre, rest is TAX!!! If you understand the process of extracting oil, cracking, processing and distribution, 42p is nothing for a litre of petrol. Then the government robs you blind!

Petrol-prices-060111.jpg

126.9 COST BREAK UP

We not only paying for Fuel Duty which is 141% of the actual cost of petrol...YET we have to pay VAT at 20% on TOP of all that!!!
:mad:

dam the f ing goverment i recon we should do a protest again too its getting stupid nowadays it costs me around £68 to fill my tank where as a few years ago it was more like £50 and £20 doesnt even get me 1/4 of a tank

why not use regular 95 Ron Unleaded then? it's a few pence cheaper, that'll get you an extra pint down the pub per tank ;)
my car runs so much smoother on superunleaded and i get more mpg but im thinking of going back to 95 ron fuel to save that bit extra (for the extra pint down the pub lol)

Sorry but I pay whatever it takes to run the S3 with 99. Then again, il see you in a few years no doubt bankrupt.

I know there is one organised in FB, think its called "Keep Fuel Below £1.00 per litre" they have over 230K members.

LOL! Judging everyone's response with regards to facebook on another thread in this part of the forum, the above is a load of bowwox!

My look on this is, you can moan until you are blue, but at the end of the day, we will just pay it no matter how much it costs! We need petrol/diesel in order to use our motorcars, the government has been robbing us for ages, not just on fuel, but on roadtax. Just look at the state of our roads. Those who have thought about it carefully have decided to downsize their mode of transport to save money, hence the increase in values of 'used' city sized cars.

Until someone actually comes up with an actual plan to make a point to the government, I shall be filling up in the morning as usual, even if it's £1.50/litre!

I'm all for doing something to show the government they can't keep doing this to the public but looking at how effective the last fuel protest was and the fact that protests don't seem to stop the government doing what they want.
It all seems a bit futile really.

Has any public protest stopped or changed the government's decision on any thing?

derv is 130.9

filled up new years eve with v power derv and that was 133.9, dont even want to know how much it is now, dont think ill be using it again for a long while, ive even found myself doing under 70mph on the motorway to save fuel

my last fill up .. just over a week ago, just shy of 500 miles covered since then :(

05131ef7.jpg

Put £18 in my bike, should see me a healthy 190 miles ;)

The fuel price per litre now is what it was per gallon when I started driving.

The motorist will always be shafted up the ****.As discussed previously, most of the cost is tax.And thats a government issue.Doesnt matter whos in power.The British always bend over...sometimes i wish i was french!We have no political choice bar a civil revolution which wont happen.Id emigrate today if i could but i cant.So my **** is going to be well sore .

One of the Lib Dem policies was to stabilise fuel prices by raising and lowering tax when the price of crude goes up or down...

Looks like that one got lost in the coalition mire...

diesel only!! by law you can process vegi oil into bio diesel at home up too 2000 liters a year tax free! my mate got himself a machine and all the chemicals for about £500 he recons all in its costing him about 45p a litre! hes been running on it for 2 years wiv no problems just changes his fuel filters twice as often! and when its below zero he mixes it with half diesel he gets his oil from chippys and chinises and the like! for free as they just want rid of the waste oil!

let us know how you get on m8! my m8 runs a ldv 2.5 van on an 08 and in his 2002 passat 130 pd on cooking oil and reckons he cant tell the diffrence in performance dont know how well a pd engine will cope running on it for a long time! but he has ran his on it for 2 years 18000 miles with no probs!

running a car on oil is great.
as long as they process it.
If they just strain out all the lumpy bits and shove it in the car then its not so good.

It needs to be filtered, mixed, bubbled dried and checked.
Depending on what oil your using and how your mixing it.
You also need to make sure there is not to much palm oil in the mix for the colder months. It tends to block your fuel system up. Opps!

Also, the mixture can eat a way at your fuel seals and cause fuel leaks.
This can be stopped by replacing the seals/O-rings or by changing the mixture.

Another advantage is that bio-fuel will clean the fuel system and help remove the crap built up over time from the tank, fuel lines and injectors. This is why its recommended to change the fuel filters more of often for the first couple of fill ups. After long term use you can go back to normal fuel filter change.

£1.28 for unleaded at shell in Huntingdon this morning. I think it was £1.36 for V power.

Its £129.9 in birmingham for diesel and £125.9 for petrol thats the cheapest petrol station in birmingham, i do 100% agree we do need another petrol 'strike'​

its 140.9 petrol and 143.1 for diesal in Shetland (yeah we have always paid a small amount extra for transport but this is really taking the **** whats happens at £2.00 a ltr? will it ever stop?
considering we have one of the biggest oil terminals in europe its amazing! plus its a place where most people dont live in the towns with a sporadic bus service so driving is actually a nessesity.
rant over lol

by the way thats the cheapest petrol stations here! theres more expensive

Petrol around where I live is 125.9 and 126.9 for 95ron.

125.9 you have to do a few extra miles, but if your filling up then its worth it.

As for the government, well they should take a long walk off a short cliff tbh but then that's only the petrol. What about the rest of it! If you wern't being ripped off by the banks and the housing fuel suppliers, petrol wouldn't seem to be quite so bad. But its still a ****** rip off.
Juat wished I have some money so I could leave this hell hole for a better life in a different country :(

I'm all for doing something to show the government they can't keep doing this to the public but looking at how effective the last fuel protest was and the fact that protests don't seem to stop the government doing what they want.
It all seems a bit futile really.

Has any public protest stopped or changed the government's decision on any thing?
yes the poll tax riots

hi all as you all know now the vat has gone up now the petrol prices have gone up too just a little thread to see what sort of figures petrol is at the pumps in your area the worst ive seen at the moment is 138.9 in cardiff for shell v-power :sign_unfair::mad:

This is what I use, haven't filled mine up since the massive increase. Safe to say I'm not looking forward to it.

It was only (Still a lot I know but seems a small amount these days) 82p when I past 5 years ago, it'll be double that before long the way these prices are going.

Joke!