Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gievf Buckets

Status
    there have been several petitions on the governemnts side they let them run and then do nothing about them

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

2. # ADS
    ADS

well you better unsell them, sharpish!

Status
    just put another 15 in my bike, last fill up was before new year .. 18

Bikes for the Win!

2003 2.0 FSI SE A4 Avant

4th Gear

Status
    pfft its only like a fiver more per tank, stop moaning.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutkin View Post
    pfft its only like a fiver more per tank, stop moaning.
    25 a tank on mine!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Some people have no option but to drive.
    Mp's ignore everything, if they didn't get driven and claim everythin like scrounging benefit mongs then it would be different. They simply do not care about REAL people.
    I just really really want to know the reasons and justifications behind the amount of tax on it. There's NO need at all. Maybe it's a plan to get us in Eco charriots

Yeee-haw
    Jason's Pong Champion

Status
    So there are 18,000+ active users on this site, according to the stats. Some of those must be involved in politics; some of those must be involved in finance/economics at the macro level. It wouldn't be beyond them to come up with a letter that is someways beyond the level of "petrol & diesel costs a lot and I don't like it". Assume that 20% of people actually care enough to then print out this letter, or better yet, e-mail it (can you e-mail your MP?) to their MP, and you have nearly 4,000 letters. Not a lot, really. However, a number of the more active members on here are members of other forums too, especially the motoring ones. Pretty soon it would be possible to replicate this on other forums. If letters are written to MPs, don't they try to respond to every one? Set a date for posting the letters - give it a couple of months to build up some momentum. All letters are to be sent on the 1st May for example. That way, you get a concentration of letters about fuel duty at the same time - more effective than a drip feed. The hope is that a Member will then raise it as a question, e.g. at PMQs. Perhaps the letter can request this. And it then gets repeated, in 2 months time. Or a month is chosen to target MP surgeries.

Or, you can sign up to an online petition.

Or, do nothing. It's going to continue in one direction. I work for an oil company, and none of us are expecting oil to be dropping in price any time soon. The dollar : pound exchange rate right now is helping, but that isn't going to move too much - an interest rate hike will actually help drop petrol prices, slightly.

I freely admit, I am not the person to write the letter. But there has to be someone on here who can, and make it sound more than just a rant? Would that be such a bad use of our collective time?
    Last edited by Geordie Mike; 21st January 2011 at 01:35. Reason: f*$king smilies

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Mike View Post
    So there are 18,000+ active users on this site, according to the stats. Some of those must be involved in politics; some of those must be involved in finance/economics at the macro level. It wouldn't be beyond them to come up with a letter that is someways beyond the level of "petrol & diesel costs a lot and I don't like it". Assume that 20% of people actually care enough to then print out this letter, or better yet, e-mail it (can you e-mail your MP?) to their MP, and you have nearly 4,000 letters. Not a lot, really. However, a number of the more active members on here are members of other forums too, especially the motoring ones. Pretty soon it would be possible to replicate this on other forums. If letters are written to MPs, don't they try to respond to every one? Set a date for posting the letters - give it a couple of months to build up some momentum. All letters are to be sent on the 1st May for example. That way, you get a concentration of letters about fuel duty at the same time - more effective than a drip feed. The hope is that a Member will then raise it as a question, e.g. at PMQs. Perhaps the letter can request this. And it then gets repeated, in 2 months time. Or a month is chosen to target MP surgeries.

Or, you can sign up to an online petition.

Or, do nothing. It's going to continue in one direction. I work for an oil company, and none of us are expecting oil to be dropping in price any time soon. The dollar : pound exchange rate right now is helping, but that isn't going to move too much - an interest rate hike will actually help drop petrol prices, slightly.

I freely admit, I am not the person to write the letter. But there has to be someone on here who can, and make it sound more than just a rant? Would that be such a bad use of our collective time?
    Good point mate, and one that i agree with.

Theres a petition in the sun newspaper, but i wont be holding my breath.

What we need is fuel strikes like we had a few years back, but they can charge you with the terrorism act, if you start blockades!

Pretty soon there will be rioting and civil unrest, people wont take much more of this, look at tunisia.

I read an interesting article recently regarding guns in the USA and the right to bear arms, the guy was right with what he was saying.

When you have a legally armed civilian population you have a government that works for its people as it would fear retribution and civil unrest, youhave democracy.

When you have an unarmed civilian population you have tyranny.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

Yeee-haw
    Jason's Pong Champion

Status
    I'm yet to be convinced by the US system - I dare not honk or flash, lest they decide to whip out their shotgun/hand gun/pistol. This is Texas, after all!

tux
    Neutral

Status
    Think I may have found a new record high. How does 2.82 a litre grab you? Admittedly it was 102 octane and it was onsite at Silverstone racetrack today, but surely thats just taking the pizz. Regular 95 octane was a more reasonable 1.43 a litre.
    If it can't be fixed with a hammer, then it must be an electrical problem

6th Gear

Status
    how about an all audi-sport.net slow-mo at 20mph up the m1?

I want your faulty electronics

Status

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by murran View Post
    how about an all audi-sport.net slow-mo at 20mph up the m1?
    can't afford the fuel
    2003 RS6 Avant,Avus Silver,KWv3 Coilovers,Hotchkiss ARBs,Wagner carbon fibre intercoolers,Milltek cat back,20" C6 RS6 alloys,Kenwood multimedia centre,Unit 20 engine and gearbox remap

Wana go Low gotta go Slow

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DAylward View Post
    can't afford the fuel
    LOL

Lost in music...

Status
    Cr*p to hear prices of 1.70 a litre by summer mentioned on the radio last night. Not cheering at all...
    123d MSport coupe from the company

2007 S3 in sprint blue - gone!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Cr*p to hear prices of 1.70 a litre by summer mentioned on the radio last night. Not cheering at all...
    Fcuking outrageous

Something has to be done about this

I don't understand why we are taxed so highly!!! The Americans are up in arms about it being $3 a gallon, whereas we're paying the equivalent of around $10 a gallon
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    I don't understand why we are taxed so highly!!! The Americans are up in arms about it being $3 a gallon, whereas we're paying the equivalent of around $10 a gallon
    You see all the spongers we have about and the lovely free NHS we have in this country, someone has to pay for it....

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Diesel prices are set to be 2 a Ltr by the end of the year of in the 1st quarter of 2012, WTF!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    You see all the spongers we have about and the lovely free NHS we have in this country, someone has to pay for it....
    Why should we have to pay for it?
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    Why should we have to pay for it?
    It's not we as such, but motorists are an easy target for revenue.

You can choose not to pay it by not filling up, but how else are you going to use your car?!?!

VAT also, they hiked it up to 20%, just to pay of the national debt.

It all adds up...

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    the fuel protests start 2nite at stanlow in cheshire

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Could this be the answer we've been looking for?

Relief at the pumps: Revolutionary hydrogen fuel could cost just 90p per GALLON (and it will run in existing cars) | Mail Online

Of course it would still cost twice as much as everyone else in the world when it's available in the UK!

3rd Gear

Status
    if we are going to start boycotting companies lets start with the high street banks these greedy bas%%%ds caused all this in the first place . and have they learnt anything have they hell the champagne charlies are still at it and the porche dealers in canary wharfe are doing very very well thank YOU

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123