petrol prices in the uk

This is what I use, haven't filled mine up since the massive increase. Safe to say I'm not looking forward to it.

It was only (Still a lot I know but seems a small amount these days) 82p when I past 5 years ago, it'll be double that before long the way these prices are going.

Joke!
i know ive only been putting in £10 at a time maybe £20 but i havent filled her up for a little while , its funny you should say that mate when i passed my test back in 2000 it was only 50-60 per litre what a joke eh

i know ive only been putting in £10 at a time maybe £20 but i havent filled her up for a little while , its funny you should say that mate when i passed my test back in 2000 it was only 50-60 per litre what a joke eh

It's a disgrace, I'm adamant they are trying everything they can to drive us off the road!

Its £129.9 in birmingham for diesel and £125.9 for petrol thats the cheapest petrol station in birmingham, i do 100% agree we do need another petrol 'strike'​

Whereabouts in Brum is this and what station, as a fair few of us are V Power snobs on here ;)

Its not oil company's fault!!! The actual cost of petrol is about 42p a litre, rest is TAX!!! If you understand the process of extracting oil, cracking, processing and distribution, 42p is nothing for a litre of petrol. Then the government robs you blind!

Petrol-prices-060111.jpg

126.9 COST BREAK UP

We not only paying for Fuel Duty which is 141% of the actual cost of petrol...YET we have to pay VAT at 20% on TOP of all that!!!
:mad:
-------------

Spot on, i work for BP and sit next to the pricing desks. And 4/5p for the retailer is sometimes more optimistic than people think. I have heard of some garages only making just over 1p a litre profit. The rest is Duty and tax, blame the gov and not the oil companies. As for the profit they make, yes it looks terrible as the prices continue to rise at the pumps, but don't forget that its not only fuel the produce and refine. Lubes is a massive business aswell. Castrol for example..................

haha the percentage seems insane, but obviously if we didnt pay the tax on fuel the cost would just be tranfered to another tax, perhaps 'pay for mp's seconds homes and nights on the jolly tax', not sure if they'l pass that though lol. Maybe just rename it to 'jollys' tax.

Diesel is 135.9 near me in the southwest, we pay the highest prices down here because of the transport distance. Cost me £105 to fill my van, that was about 77 litres. It really gets worrying when the price rises alot faster than the amount, really gives me a sweat above the brow.

I feel for all those who WORK and have to travel say 20/30 miles each way; that's alot out of their wages, and it really doesn't make it worth it if all you're doing is forvever paying the tax man...very little is left to enjoy life with! The Government care's nothing about this area that forces individuals to suffer financially...there should be a 'Fuel Tax Work Incentive' implemented so you could claim back; with proof from Employer Attendance Records, 20+% at the end of the Tax year...just like you do with other essentials for work!

Just filled mine up with just less than 1/4 of a tank left, V-Power @ 137.9 in Cardiff, £61 lighter....

You want to know where the best place is to fill up, then check out Woodfords garage in Burnham on Crouch Essex. Diesel will set you back a discounted price of 152.9 per litre. 100 litre tank on my Touareg, 100 litre tank on my van and the smaller tank on the A3 would set me back more than my mortgage. Guess what? I travel 10 miles down the road and get it at 128.9.

If we didn`t pay the high duty on fuel we would only pay it in some other way. The country was borrowing too much to maintain the promises of Labour. Thing are going to get hard to set things right. You wouldn`t just keep adding to your credit card would you ???? but maybe thats the problem too many people do. Spend what you earn not what your going to earn

in our local Shell garage normal unleaded costs £1.24 and Vpower costs £1.38 thats £7 difference when you buy 50 litres. At the rate i'm using it at the moment thats £700 pounds extra per year for V power.

Ouch! Which station and was it 137.9p?

filled my car up last night with v-power now im £80 worse off

Sh*t thats gone up filled up on Wednesday or Thursday V-Power was only (well not only) £1.31

In St.Mellons Tesco was £1.24 start of this week yesterday was £1.26 so im happy it still lower than Texaco and few other places lol

Sh*t thats gone up filled up on Wednesday or Thursday V-Power was only (well not only) £1.31

In St.Mellons Tesco was £1.24 start of this week yesterday was £1.26 so im happy it still lower than Texaco and few other places lol

Seems to be going up at a rate of 1p a day, not good!

I filled my RS6 up at the beginning of the month (already had quarter of a tank in it) and it came to £91 eek !!!!!! im glad its a second car or id be bankrupt

If we didn`t pay the high duty on fuel we would only pay it in some other way. The country was borrowing too much to maintain the promises of Labour. Thing are going to get hard to set things right. You wouldn`t just keep adding to your credit card would you ???? but maybe thats the problem too many people do. Spend what you earn not what your going to earn

We were paying high fuel a long time before labour or anything else.

The fact is we pay too much tax and then we pay it again with VAT on top.

They could easily reduce it but they wont!

I'm all for cutting fuel duty. Question is, how should the money be gathered instead, or what should be cut. How many litres are needed to pay for the Olympics do you think?

it is getting stupid!! People keep coming up with idea's such as "boycot shell" which is all well and good, but most of the extra ££ is tax!

Diesel WILL be 150pp by the middle of year!
Super unleaded WILL be 200pp by the end of this year!

as has been said, ill keep filling my car up, because i have to, as will most people in this country. All its done is mean im not buying something more thirsty!

I have to ask you guys, despite all the moaning and groaning, has any of you actually tried to do anything about it? Apart from going to fill up as standard!

doubt it Joe. I need my car for work and cycling isnt an option. But I saw Diesel at £1.37 today, thats an extra 6p in 5 days and thats after the rise in VAT and tax they did last week!

Soon as the weather picks up I'm going to get my bike out and start riding to work again.

Noticed the esso station i go past every day just jumped 2p.
132.9 now.

£1.28 for unleaded at shell in Huntingdon this morning. I think it was £1.36 for V power.
7 days later and unleaded has gone up a penny and V power's gone up by 2p.
Last week i also brought Max Power and this morning i brought the newer one and it's gone up 49p!

yeah i remember some poll going around earlier on and i signed up, riding to work is not an option, and i dont fancey getting a bike to go to work in the rain every day as we live in england.... therefore getting home p155 wet through and unhappy cus then i have to dry out before i can drive my audi....

i would cycle walk and use pt but unfortunately i live in the country and im not getting up at 4am each day so i can make it to work for 8am

I don't think those petitions actually do anything. Do you know if anyone has drafted a letter to MPs? How many letters to MPs do you think it would take, coupled with open letters to newspapers, before the debate actually opened. How about going and seeing your MP at a surgery. What if everyone at an MPs surgery was there to talk about how petrol prices were affecting them? I think that is the type of organisation it would take before it would get noticed.

now that the weather is better im riding to work on my bike even tho its fooking cold id rather save a few ££ on the weekly fuel bill but only when its dry when its raining im in the car as usual