HELP-NOTICE OF PROSECUTION!!

twats

nice to know that the appeals system is fair. threatening over 3 times the fine and double the points so that nobody dares appeal? i hate the law system in this country, and i hate pigs who spend more time catching otherwise innocent motorists than actual criminals (i.e. all of them). pigs are worse scum than those city council parking ticket w****** i think

They're police, not pigs, just like you're a doctor, not a quack.

they dont offer a course for jumping red lights
only speeding but only in parts of the UK

They do offer a course to all motoring offenses, there were a few red lighters on the course i took,

All women strangely enough, make of that what you will.

I was there for speeding, there were 4 mobile phone offenses and 1 person with dangerous driving as he was eating a mcdonalds.

They do offer a course to all motoring offenses, there were a few red lighters on the course i took,

All women strangely enough, make of that what you will.

I was there for speeding, there were 4 mobile phone offenses and 1 person with dangerous driving as he was eating a mcdonalds.

Thats crap, ive been driving for about 8 years now and just got done by a bobby with a speed gun, going 14mph over the 70 limt, on an empty motorway, with no hazards to anyone else!! And I never got offered a course, just a fine and points!

Yeah I didn't get offered a course either. Was quite a few years ago (6 or 7) but no offer of a course, just points and a fine, or an appeal.
I appealed and got same amount of points and a fine of about £100 more.

Think it was for careless driving (CD10???) because me and others went on the wrong side of a bollard/small island because a van was either broken down or just not moving forward and blocking the way.
Cops pulled only me over, there was a bit of an argument and the rest was history.

The tosser cop turned up in court and lied through his stinking teeth saying that as I went around the island there were little kids that I almost hit carrying little Easter baskets with chocolate eggs in!!!

The courses aren't offered by all constabularies/camera partnerships, so it depends where you get caught as to whether you will get offered to attend one. Also those that do offer them tend to only do it to those who have marginally exceeded the limit - say 36 in a 30 and not those doing 50 in a 30.

Anyway got these this morning!!

img0002hu.jpg

img0001hxa.jpg
Bang to rights i would say, sorry matey

The courses aren't offered by all constabularies/camera partnerships, so it depends where you get caught as to whether you will get offered to attend one. Also those that do offer them tend to only do it to those who have marginally exceeded the limit - say 36 in a 30 and not those doing 50 in a 30.

nah its about age , they have a course for 17-25 which i went on and one for 40+ for the old guys to go on.

It was for first time offenders and I must say there was a right ***** on our course, laughed at all the crash videos and wheelspun out the car park.

I was in for 40 in a 30 as there was a camera van sat next to the 40 limit sign on the road out of wokingham catching everyone speeding up before the sign. I dont deny I ws illegaly speeding but god dam its a bit of a back stab.

nah its about age

With respect it isn't. As mentioned earlier, whether a course is offered and for what offence is at the discretion of the Constabulary which covers the area where the offence was committed.

Generally you're only eligible for a course for a low level offence, ie. up to a max of 40 in a 30, 52 in a 40 etc - as mentioned those figures may vary depending on the area. I think in relation to traffic light offences you're only eligible if you pass the line within 'x' seconds of the light turning red.

Speed Awareness Course - No Penalty Points (UK)

Well the one i went to was pureply for people under 25 and he ran another course for people over 40

so in Berkshire, its about age.

Everyone is eligible for the course, I imagine they tailor the content to suit the age range.

They're police, not pigs, just like you're a doctor, not a quack.

i thank you for assuming that i'm not a quack :p. whether i've had a hard time or not is open to debate, but every policeman/officer/cop/bobby i've met has been an utter ****. i thank you for your input, but i'll call them what i like. the racial motivations of police officers may be conjecture, but i'm widely regarded as the best, safest and most experienced driver amongst all of my friends (a lot of whom are not from ethnic minorities) and i've been stopped more times than they have put together, usually with no explanation. i'm sure you'd be resentful too if you were singled out for the colour of your skin, particularly when you're free of any wrongdoing.

if i treated someone in the same way i wouldn't expect a nasty name, i'd expect to lose my medical license and rightly so. but you can't really argue with the police can you? i've always been polite because i realise this - one of my friends has tried arguing so they threw the book at him. you can't win.

The tosser cop turned up in court and lied through his stinking teeth saying that as I went around the island there were little kids that I almost hit carrying little Easter baskets with chocolate eggs in!!!

i'm surprised you were defending them a moment ago lol...

Last edited:
Most Constabularies offer Young drivers courses and also seperate courses for the older of us, here in NI at the minute its only speed related offences but other offences are going to be dealt with by discretionary courses in the near future...

Nice to see stereotyping is alive and well in this thread!

Next someone will be saying all doctors seem to be Asian.

i'm surprised you were defending them a moment ago lol...

Toss pots, the lot of 'em! :happy:

It was quite an experience defending myself in court. Very entertaining, in a strange way.

Mine was one of the last cases so I sat in the public gallery watching all of the other motoring cases. Some people's defences were pure comedy.
Some people turned up and literally didn't have a clue what they were going to say, and attempted to freestyle their way through it with the weakest excuses you've ever heard for speeding/driving the wrong way down a one way street/etc etc.
Felt like I was an audience member of a court room episode of the Jeremy Kyle Show.
Based on these twits alone I can see why the courts sometimes give higher fines and more points for failed appeals! :laugh:

So if you're between 26-39 then you're stuffed???

not a clue, just saying what the Policeman who was running our course told me.

I suspect its based on figures of people speeding and there ages.

Nice to see stereotyping is alive and well in this thread!

Next someone will be saying all doctors seem to be Asian.

lol that wouldn't be stereotyping that would be statistical fact. we are over-represented in the medical field, not so much thru UK medical school admissions (although that does play a part) but because of foreign graduates coming to the UK.

laughing matters aside, i've clearly been stereotyped by the police. i'm not treating them any differently to how they've treated me in the past.

i thank you for assuming that i'm not a quack :p. whether i've had a hard time or not is open to debate, but every policeman/officer/cop/bobby i've met has been an utter ****. i thank you for your input, but i'll call them what i like. the racial motivations of police officers may be conjecture, but i'm widely regarded as the best, safest and most experienced driver amongst all of my friends (a lot of whom are not from ethnic minorities) and i've been stopped more times than they have put together, usually with no explanation. i'm sure you'd be resentful too if you were singled out for the colour of your skin, particularly when you're free of any wrongdoing.
something to do with your attitude perhaps?

they pull me over because of my attitude?

Last edited:

Fair dos, that's a factor you have to put up with which I don't, at least not as far as the police are concerned. I can honestly say I've never been pulled over for no reason.....every time, they've had a reason, and have had me bang to rights!

I just think it's possible to express anger and frustration about the police without being abusive and offensive towards them. Of course you can call them whatever you like, but bear in mind the law of averages means that there are bound to be some members here who are police.

(Not me, I hasten to add.)

something to do with your attitude perhaps?

Yes, I'm not sure I get that one, either. How is anyone going to know whether you have an attitude or not before they've stopped you and spoken to you? Not unless you're in the habit of pulling alongside police cars and flicking v-signs at them!

Fair dos, that's a factor you have to put up with which I don't, at least not as far as the police are concerned. I can honestly say I've never been pulled over for no reason.....every time, they've had a reason, and have had me bang to rights!

I just think it's possible to express anger and frustration about the police without being abusive and offensive towards them. Of course you can call them whatever you like, but bear in mind the law of averages means that there are bound to be some members here who are police.

(Not me, I hasten to add.)

i'm aware of that, and it's not as if your opinion is not appreciated. ppl are allowed to disagree with me, and i'm glad you're being polite about doing so. i am stereotyping, and that's wrong - but as i've said above i'm not treating anyone any differently to the way i've been treated.

immature perhaps, two wrongs don't make a right - and i'd actually like to revise my previous statement. i met a very polite copper once. traffic cop in Leeds, and ironically he was doing me for speeding lol. only 3 points i've ever had dammit lol. at least he had a reason and he was professional about it. was 6 years ago, only just occurred to me!

Last edited:
your attitude when you get stopped, the 'havent you got anything better to do' youve only stopped me cos im whatever...or you drive in such a way that attracts attention, or you fit the visual profile of a local neer do well or...the list is endless....but its always the polices fault isnt it??

or you drive in such a way that attracts attention, or you fit the visual profile of a local neer do well or...the list is endless....but its always the polices fault isnt it??

Hmmmm... in sub's defence, sometimes it is just that policeman's fault and none of the above has to apply to pulled over. Believe me, I had years of being stopped for no reason other than how I looked too. Sometimes you have to have lived it to fully appreciate it.

I'll give you an example of the sort of thing that used to happen to me growing up....
One time, at the age of about 12 or 13, me and my mates (all of us of ethnic minority) were sitting on our bikes outside of a shop while one of us was buying something. There was another group of all white kids about 10 meters away, and obviously not with us.
I watched as the police drove by slowly, past the white kids, then as they drove past us they slowed right down, waited for a reaction which they never got, then they showed us the 'w*nker' sign, and drove off laughing. This... to a bunch of kids on their BMXs just sitting there. Not good.

This is just one incident of MANY where I/we were singled out by the police, right through to adulthood.

Difference for me is.... I don't dislike the police because of it. It happens, some people assume things based on their beliefs/expectations/attitudes, but as long as I'm doing nothing wrong then they can't/couldn't touch me.
Maybe if a day came that I was framed for something based on my colour then I'd think differently. But as it stands, and if it happened again; as frustrating as it can be, it's their issue not mine.

But I must say, for me and people I know it largely seems to be a thing of the past.

your attitude when you get stopped, the 'havent you got anything better to do' youve only stopped me cos im whatever...or you drive in such a way that attracts attention, or you fit the visual profile of a local neer do well or...the list is endless....but its always the polices fault isnt it??

rubbish, as others have said they can't judge my attitude without stopping me.

like i've said, i'm widely regarded by my peers as a very good driver. i don't have points on my license, only ever have the one time, i've taken advanced driver training lessons with IAM and have my test pending, and i'm a doctor so an otherwise respected member of society.

they clearly don't have anything better to do - certainly not find the chap that's vandalised my car or the cars of many other members on here. instead they want to track down otherwise innocent motorists who, as some have mentioned, have strayed slightly over the limit in otherwise safe conditions.

there's no such thing as driving in a way that attracts attention unless you're doing something illegal, which i've not been doing and there should be no such thing as a "visual profile" unless you look like a known criminal.

i don't agree with you, and i don't appreciate you trying to insinuate that i'm somehow a menace to society. the simple fact is that i'm not, i spend my days and my nights caring for the infirm and i don't appreciate being treated like a common criminal because of the way i look. if you haven't lived it you have no right to try and suggest that my feelings are irrational. others have mentioned they don't appreciate how i've expressed my feelings, and that's fine - but i'll express my feelings how i want. if i offend bystanders i apologise. if i offend those that are the subject of those feelings then that's their problem, not mine.

Last edited:
Hmmmm... in sub's defence, sometimes it is just that policeman's fault and none of the above has to apply to pulled over. Believe me, I had years of being stopped for no reason other than how I looked too. Sometimes you have to have lived it to fully appreciate it.

I'll give you an example of the sort of thing that used to happen to me growing up....
One time, at the age of about 12 or 13, me and my mates (all of us of ethnic minority) were sitting on our bikes outside of a shop while one of us was buying something. There was another group of all white kids about 10 meters away, and obviously not with us.
I watched as the police drove by slowly, past the white kids, then as they drove past us they slowed right down, waited for a reaction which they never got, then they showed us the 'w*nker' sign, and drove off laughing. This... to a bunch of kids on their BMXs just sitting there. Not good.

This is just one incident of MANY where I/we were singled out by the police, right through to adulthood.

Difference for me is.... I don't dislike the police because of it. It happens, some people assume things based on their beliefs/expectations/attitudes, but as long as I'm doing nothing wrong then they can't/couldn't touch me.
Maybe if a day came that I was framed for something based on my colour then I'd think differently. But as it stands, and if it happened again; as frustrating as it can be, it's their issue not mine.

But I must say, for me and people I know it largely seems to be a thing of the past.

i wish i could have as healthy an attitude as you do about it

i'm aware of that, and it's not as if your opinion is not appreciated. ppl are allowed to disagree with me, and i'm glad you're being polite about doing so. i am stereotyping, and that's wrong - but as i've said above i'm not treating anyone any differently to the way i've been treated.

immature perhaps, two wrongs don't make a right - and i'd actually like to revise my previous statement. i met a very polite copper once. traffic cop in Leeds, and ironically he was doing me for speeding lol. only 3 points i've ever had dammit lol. at least he had a reason and he was professional about it. was 6 years ago, only just occurred to me!

We're all capable of being sterotypes. I'm a pretty stereotypical middle-aged, middle-class, overweight white fella. The only break in the pattern is that I drive an Audi, not a Jag, heheh!

But he's already said that when he is stopped by police, he remains polite and calm, and doesn't display the attitude you're describing here.

But he's already said that when he is stopped by police, he remains polite and calm, and doesn't display the attitude you're describing here.
I think that the attitude hes showing on this forum says enough about him.And as a Doctor thats shameful

i'm voicing anger at being treated differently because of my race, which (without meaning to drag aythreee into this) has happened to at least one other member. so now, having never met me or my patients, you judge my ability as a doctor?

i'm afraid i'm no longer willing to entertain this discussion with you.

Did someone run a red light in this thread a while ago? :undwech:

...and breathe :think:

and yet, i drive round, not slowly, in a 28yo bmw that looks like it shouldnt have an mot.... with a welded diff..... and an exhaust at 104db...... and i havent been pulled in just over 3 years.....

im the stereo-typical 29 yo skinny white mechanic. btw.

Hummmm...

Happy new year all!

I don't think you've got a hope in hell with the red light issue....... unless you have a spare 20 Grand for 'Mr loophole'..??

As for Sub39h....... You do come across as a 'Mr angry' type,,,, however I think we have to accept that there will always be a certain level of 'racism' in society, (it cuts both ways don't forget) sadly even in the Police. Aythree seems to have a better perspective on it...? For me it's not about race, but sheer overwhelming numbers...........

The Police recruit from exactly the same society we all live in, so if there's racism in society then by default it's going to be in the Police force.

Although ethnic background is recorded on every form the Police use, so it's hard to see how it can go unchecked.

i'm voicing anger at being treated differently because of my race, which (without meaning to drag aythreee into this) has happened to at least one other member. so now, having never met me or my patients, you judge my ability as a doctor?

i'm afraid i'm no longer willing to entertain this discussion with you.
Suits me.I guess youre too stupid to discuss with.Ability was never in question!

Last edited: