Ok some background, I collected my 2010 A5 back in June. It was the car being driven by the sales manager at the time and was collected with 1800 miles on it
And now for the rant.
[rant]OK time for an update, and not a good one.
I'm currently writing a letter to Audi UK to complain about their shambolic customer service.
The car has currently been away since the 25th of November for them to diagnose the oil consumption issue (7 litres in 5000 miles). Having been in there twice to collect 2 courtesy cars, they have told me that worst case scenario which is now looking likely is a new engine. Audi apparently don't care about diagnosing and fixing a problem when they can change the engine for less money. At the same time they were to replace the sideskirt which was damaged by the dogs.
But that's not the main issue.
1. Service people in Audi will not return phonecalls, I always have to ring them 2 or 3 times to get speaking the person I want to.
2. They first supplied an A4 Avant, bog standard. Not a big issue you might think, but they promised a vehicle of equal specification which this isnt.
3. Neither is the A5 Sportback I've had since 05/12. Both these cars come with Audi insurance with an excess of Ł500 in the event of an accident,, therefore, I havent left the house when it was snowing from fear of someone hitting it and costing me Ł500 before Christmas.
4. Before collecting the first courtesy car, me and the wife were left standing outside work for 45 minutes waiting on the taxi they had called to collect us at 5pm. When I asked the taxi driver, he was able to check that there had been no other calls from Audi to them for a 5pm collection.
5. Get a call on 23/12 to tell me that they have not been able to put any miles on my car. Their plan is to give it to an Audi Mastertech who will top the oil, drive it home and check the levels every night. One lives in Gilford, the other in Newcastle and due to snow and icy conditions, the car hasn't left Belfast.
6. The car was then due to be driven round Belfast by one of their drivers, and oil levels checked every night. Due to snow and icy conditions, the car never left the dealership.
7. During the phonecall 23/12 the service guy mentioned that the skirt had still not been repaired, and due to cold conditions the bonder wouldn't cure but if I wanted, I could have come and collected the vehicle for use over the Christmas period. I would then hav to return to get the oil consumption issue rechecked.
All in all, total mess. I am thoroughly unhappy about the level of service I have received and have told them that. I was assured "they would sort me out" but I am not pleased about having a 6 month old car with a new engine. In terms of resale value, this would put me off despite being a dealer repair.
A5 most unreliable car? So far, yes, but the aftersales service has been 1000 times worse.
So where does that leave me? I haven't had the car for a month and it's still not fixed, nor have they tried.