Merry Christmas - My 4rse......

Dilligaf-UK

Chugging along
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've had my A4 for ten days - ten days. This morning, my neighbour knocked on the door to tell me he had reversed into my car and has smashed in the entire rear passenger quarter panel.

Great. Just what I need!

Ah mate sorry to hear that! You must be gutted!

Any pics to post?

Hope ya day gets better!

Merry xmas!

at least he told you mate one of my neighbours hit my car a year ago and she was ****** i called the police and i'm still waiting for them to come round ! kent police are great !

@ Daz616 - Swanley?? Snap!

060b4b9b.jpg

73163b78.jpg

8f8bac68.jpg

491df156.jpg

Yes, I know its dirty!

did you hit him ?
its gona be an easy repair tho
but id still hit him

At least he told you, that means its his cost. Ask a paintless dent wizard person to look at it. I recon they could pop that panel back and touch up that scuff for under £200.

yea ive seen them dent devil lads pull out stuff i thought would be impossible,defo worth a call.

Thanks for the Dent Devils suggestions, but NumbNuts insurance will be paying for it, so I'll get it done properly. Not that those guys don't do it properly!

Think a sig update needed now mate after your xmas spending :p

Gutted for ya dude. At least he owned up eh.

Well, the ball is now rolling towards the repair....

Spoke to my insurance company to register the claim - they've spoken to the other guy's insurance company and liability has been accepted - so repair has been authorised. My insurance company told me to take it to their approved repairer, I refused and demanded it be repaired at an Audi Dealer, to ensure the Anti Perforation Warranty isn't affected (admittedly I don't know if any other repairs over the last 6 years have jeopardised that warranty, but who cares!)... So this afternoon I popped down to a local Dealership re quoting and booking it in - so thats moving....

Also was offered a hire car by my insurer on a "Like for Like" basis - which I accepted..... For my last accident (Mar 10 - c0ck drove into me on the M25), I was given a brand new Touareg to replace my 9yr old Range Rover - so I'm hoping I get a new A4 to play with!

Well, today has been a laugh.....

Mainly as I'm still laughing my bits off over the repair quote from Audi - a shade under £3400!!!!

Glad it's someone else's insurance paying for it! LOL

Also was offered a hire car by my insurer on a "Like for Like" basis - which I accepted..... For my last accident (Mar 10 - c0ck drove into me on the M25), I was given a brand new Touareg to replace my 9yr old Range Rover - so I'm hoping I get a new A4 to play with!

Becareful what you wish for. When my old A3 2.0 FSI was in for a repair I was given an 1.8T as a courtesy car. A few days later when I got my car back I hated it's performance so much that I sold it and got a 2.0T instead.

Do audi have paint shops? Surely they just outsource it to the local spray guys and bring it back in.

As above really. But it's true about the cars paint warranty. Work done through Audi means the car keeps it's warranty.

So audi go to the garage they quote a happy 3 figure number, then the man from audi comes back and rolls a dice to see what number they stick in front of it.

That day the number was 3!

As above really. But it's true about the cars paint warranty. Work done through Audi means the car keeps it's warranty.

Yeah, but done at the local bodyshop as dealers dont tend to do there own paintwork anymore, which may account for such cruddy workmanship people have complained about.

Well, today has been a laugh.....

Mainly as I'm still laughing my bits off over the repair quote from Audi - a shade under £3400!!!!

Glad it's someone else's insurance paying for it! LOL
sorry to hear about this buddy but as said at least he owned up to it fair do's to him for that , my eye nearly popped out of my head when i saw that quote lol how that hell do they make these figures up i bet it wouldnt have cost that much lol

So audi go to the garage they quote a happy 3 figure number, then the man from audi comes back and rolls a dice to see what number they stick in front of it.

That day the number was 3!

Sounds about right! lol

I think for your £3400, your getting a new rear quarter panel, fitted, then having the door and rear bumper blown in? I doubt it's just a smart repair on that part, not if it's going through insurance.

I had someone go into my Passat estate over the Xmas period a few years back, and the driver owned up and accepted liability. I said I don't mind a cash repair, as it was only paint and a misalligned bumper. The guy insisted I go through insurance(Company car), and I got a new bumper fitted, along with the rear quarter blown in to colour match, plus a courtesy car.

I have a list of the work they are going to do - I'll post it when I'm sober next!

For the money they are apparently going to valet it and give me a "car care kit" - probably a bucket and a sponge!

The thing that's really making me laugh is that the repair cost is almost the same as what I paid for it!

if its low miles that a bargain as they are going for 8k on pistonheads atm !

people are selling for 8k you wont find many buying
you can get a late b7 for under 8k

people are selling for 8k you wont find many buying
you can get a late b7 for under 8k

depends what people want, an audi with all the trimmings or a newer audi a la mode.

She's well on the way to being repaired - got these pics from the BodyShop today.

Quite amazing how far they go to get it done....

P2860227a.jpg

P2870713.jpg

P2860226.jpg

Last edited:
A decent panel beater would have pulled that nicely without the need for filler, the nearly 3 and a half grand quote would have only been a few hundred quid ! I had worse than that (rear quarter dented, bumper scuffed and bootlid) fixed for 200 notes and by professional garages- waaay overpriced !

Thats insurance companies for you & they wonder why we get ****** about raised yearly policy prices, if they wernt so uneconomic with the repairs, we wouldnt be where we are I guess.

In the end, the insurance company reduced the amount they would underwrite to £2500 or thereabouts - still a fair cost though.

Re the "Decent Panel Beater" reference above, I don't dispute that I could have gotten the panel beaten out for significantly less, and to be fair, if I was paying for it, it's an avenue I would have explored.

However, why should I have to settle for a "cheap" repair, when my current "pride and joy" which I had only owned for ten days at the time, was damaged by someone else's incompetence?

So long as your happy mate, but from my perspective, I would have preferred that my car was 100% original. I don't mind bumpers being changed, but to change a complete quarter panel is OTT!

I can see your point of view too, but from my perspective, it's an almost 7 year old car, of which I know the last 6 or 7 weeks of it's life - so I have no idea if the rest of it is 100% original.

As I said many posts ago, I want to retain the Audi anti perforation warranty as far as I can - obviously without knowing if any other repairs have been carried out to their standards. In order to retain that warranty, their approved BodyShop needs to carry out the repairs - they've said it needs the panel replacing (probably due to a lack of decent panel beaters in the world these days) so I've gone along with it.

But hey ho, it'll likely be me paying for it in the long run as my insurance company will no doubt find a way to load my premium as a punishment for having the audacity to allow my car to be driven into by a Saga insured ****!

A decent panel beater would have pulled that nicely without the need for filler, the nearly 3 and a half grand quote would have only been a few hundred quid ! I had worse than that (rear quarter dented, bumper scuffed and bootlid) fixed for 200 notes and by professional garages- waaay overpriced !

Your on a different planet mate !!!! That panel would warrant replacement at any decent garage and as far as getting it fixed for £200 i'd absolutely love to see it when it was finished. You'd have more filler in it if you repaired it than it has now with those 2 joints and it takes a "decent" (as you put it) panel beater to fit a new quarter properly anyways !!!!

Wouldnt mind panel beating whats in your avatar pic Scotty.

If thats your wife, how much for a divorce...............................................

Ha, if that was my wife do you think i'd be sitting here at twenty past ten at night reading how to connect the ambient lighting to the little scrolly things next to my dashboard vents ????????
Exactly !!!!

Yeah course you would, as she would be with me lmfao

Nah serious note, fit backside that sure is on zee avatar.